Forums » Elder Scrolls

Future DLC i think would take off - A "Gladiator" like Arena

• 238 posts
    December 14, 2012 7:13 AM EST

We have already been introduced ever so slightly to a battle arena of some sort in The Elder Scrolls series. But i hugely admire the current engine and the immense graphics and difference between ESIV -V and i think a dlc for skyrim with some sort of a gladiator arena would be fantastic. 

it gets a little bit boring clearing out the same old areas when you just want to go fight and test out your spells or new weapons from previous dlcs and it has somewhat lost its meaning.....sometimes it can feel pointless , especially when you have already poured 200+hours into the game. 600+ for some people i know 

Well, i thought that if we could have a dlc with a plot to it that includes an arena where you enter different tournament types and "games" to eventually become a champion  (lots of different games like gladiator times offered)

fallout tried to create this in "the Pitt  but the longevity of it....sucked to be frank...we wanted more, not the 5 minutes it offered. 

if Bethesda could come up with a tournament like arena with different modes battle options etc with a huge crowd to entertain and possibly some sort of king or emperor to entertain i believe it would vastly restore some life into the combat of the game. 

if an unlocking system was used in it as well - eg points from winning matches or tournaments or team battles with the cpu using your follower used to unlock new weapons armors or followers "gladiator slave" etc etc i think it could give many another huge excuse to pick the game up for longer duration's than a normal quest-line dlc could offer:

instead of clearing out the same old areas, people might feel the urge to want to go killing again in skyrim. and what better way than in an ADDICTIVE spontaneous gladiator tournaments!? 

honestly i think it could and would be soo addictive, i would certainly play skyrim alot more if it existed. 

Hopefully people get what i mean by the addictive part and how it would increase longevity vastly. 

it would even be awesome if once your opponents health went down to near death, they would fall to their knees or against the walls and your next hit would initiate a new finishing move from various new entries. 

Im sure pc mods exist for this however im also sure they wouldnt capture the same atmosphere a new dlc would obviously. i think it could be great.

• 1913 posts
    December 14, 2012 7:41 AM EST
    Never really cared for tournaments in any game, they always started promisingly but ended up feeling like busy work. If Bethesda did plan on adding an arena, it would be a add on worth at most... 200-400 Microsoft points. I would much rather have them make a new guild, or expand on an already existing guild to make it feel like it wasn't a let down *cough* companions *cough*. And if you want better excitement, how about we get Bethesda to make a dlc where you either fight against or with the thalmor, fight against a daedric prince, or simply add a new quest line (I'd rather like to have some kind of time vortex that would take you to during the war with the aldmeri dominion
    • 238 posts
    December 14, 2012 8:08 AM EST

gladiator guild ? haha

• 377 posts
    December 14, 2012 9:03 AM EST

No.

• 1913 posts
    December 14, 2012 9:23 AM EST
    No, just no
    • 238 posts
    December 14, 2012 2:20 PM EST

deep. real deep...

• 1913 posts
    December 14, 2012 2:27 PM EST
    I know, it speaks to my soul...
  • December 14, 2012 5:01 PM EST

yes that would be cool..if we can go back in time and fight in the war between the alderi dominion and the empire but something like this would most probably be used as a grand finale sort of thing. I think bethesda will release another small dlc maybe followed up by antoher one and then a realy big one. 

• 238 posts
    December 14, 2012 6:37 PM EST

how many dlcs did we get for fallout and oblivion?
    the story lines need to be meatier .....apparently dragonborn is good but feels like its been rushed

• 1913 posts
    December 14, 2012 6:42 PM EST
    Fallout 3 had Broken Steel, Operation: Anchorage, point lookout, the Pitt, and Mothership Zeta. New Vegas had honest hearts, dead money, old world blues, and lonesome road
    • 577 posts
    December 15, 2012 1:07 AM EST

ehh...I don't think so. Not for me at least....the combat system in Skyrim isn't "top notch" for arena-like battles. I don't necessarily play Skryim to hone in my limited "moveset" skills. If there was a setting for no potions, no restoration battles, then that would get to the core of true arena