Forums » Elder Scrolls

Memorable WTF moment

• 1913 posts
    December 9, 2012 7:23 PM EST
    Awhile ago I made a Orc character (forget his name). He was a 2 handed warrior. I made him go to an Orc stronghold where he met the daughter of the Orc leader (I think she was the daughter, her name was Borgakh, from Mor Khazgur). Any ways, she had told my character that she wanted to see the world but she could only leave if she married a strong warrior. My character, chivalrous as he is, decided to pay her father a dowry to trick him so she could adventure with him. After awhile they became closer and actually got married. On their wedding night she went to bed and my Orc character decided to "spend the night with her"...

... When he woke up he looked straight ahead and saw his Housecarl, Lydia, just staring at them... Which got me wondering... Was Lydia just staring at them as they were sleeping or "sleeping" as the case may be?

*shudders*

Well anyways, what is something that scared you or caused you to go "... What?!?!"
    • 557 posts
    December 9, 2012 7:35 PM EST
    I paid a mercenary to follow me, and gave him my two best weapons (the wieldable knife/fork). I used Unrelenting Force on an enemy and accidentally hit him, but he wasn't hostile about this. Eventually I got to Whiterun (I was in Riften, I think). As soon as I walked in the doors, I saw a kill animation of me being killed by my own Knife and Fork. Dafuq Skyrim?!
    • 41 posts
    December 10, 2012 9:32 AM EST

During a quest in Dragonborn DLC the other day,I came upon an ordinary looking pirate.Fully expecting him to pull out a sword I charged straight towards him - only for him to pull out and dual wield two staffs of flames xD  That`s the first time ever anyone has used 2 staffs at the same time against me - and from an ordinary pirate of all things =)

• 253 posts
    December 10, 2012 10:06 AM EST

I attacked a Thalmor Justicar squad, killed them, and freed the prisoner. I checked, 0 bounty,. As soon as I go near any city guards (happened in Whiterun) they would attack me non stop and not accept my surrenders... with 0 bounty.  I tried reloading saves, fast travel, etc etc etc, it did not help. Apparently I was simply Skyrim's most wanted (especially since I had 0 bounty).

• 15 posts
    December 10, 2012 5:46 PM EST

dead naked lydia showed up uninvited to my wedding to Ysolda.  

• 253 posts
    December 10, 2012 6:46 PM EST

It happened to me again in a different way.  One of the guards started doing that outside Whiterun (as in outside the cell of the city). Somehow he stopped attacking me when I put up my weapon quickly about 5 times (no surrender dialogue). Within the city everyone was fine. Then in Dragonsreach when I took about 7 steps in all the guards in the later half (near Balgruf) started attacking me, as well as Ireleth, Hrongar, etc, but not anyone that was near the door. So... After a few reloads I hut the guard in the face with my bow to get a bounty, and paid it off, that seemed to work. But I think this might of been a different bug. 

• 253 posts
    December 10, 2012 6:47 PM EST

That is rather awkward... At least she was not alive and naked at your wedding.  

• 2 posts
    December 12, 2012 8:31 PM EST

First time I witnessed a dragon faceplant into the ground.  You know when they crash into the ground, it surprised me as I wasn't expecting it.....

• 30 posts
    December 18, 2012 6:19 AM EST

On my Imperial rogue, I had just got back to Riften to turn in the quest involving wiping out a skooma den. I go to the palace to turn it in to the Jarl and I notice the guards were attacking someone. At first I thought it was one of those random thief encounters, but I come to find out that the one they were fighting was Maven Black-Briar. Wondering why, I decided to look around and notice the body of an Imperial courier. It was quite enjoyable to watch as the guards pummel her into submission, then repeat it after she gets back up. Checking back later I found out that she had killed at least two of the guards.

Also, Aerin was somehow in the well in the center of the marketplace.

• 291 posts
    March 31, 2013 12:20 AM EDT

I finally have a really good WTF moment that actually worked right into my story.  You ready?  Here it is:

So, I'm walking through the woods one day, right?  And I'm watching this herd of deer and listening to the foresty sounds and what not while I'm playing through the next chapter in my story.  Suddenly, a wolf starts howling and I get covered in buzzy spriggan leaves!  There isn't a spriggan in sight and I'm certainly not in combat (the wolf was too far away).  While it totally works for the purposes of my story (actually I'm now going to have to change the plot around a bit), it's just...so...weird.  I still have it stuck on me, though I haven't reloaded my game yet.  I'm thinking about keeping it for a while before using a console command to get rid of the effect since it's too cool and appropriate.

But seriously, where the hell did it come from?!

• 708 posts
    March 31, 2013 12:47 AM EDT

• 89 posts
    March 31, 2013 12:55 AM EDT
    I was walking the path towards Windhelm, where you encounter Cicero's carriage. Well right where the path splits for Morthal or Windhelm there were a couple of revelers. I approached them when all if a sudden a pack of wolves show up, the revelers start throwing down with the wolves, nothing unusual right. Then I guess in the chaos one of the revelers accidentally punches one of his boys. Well after their finished with the wolves the guy that got hit turns on his buddies and begins to woop their ass, and when I say woop their ass that is exactly what I mean...the guy did a finishing move suplex on each of them! I was like WTF...did that just really happen, I best steer clear of that motha....
    • 291 posts
    March 31, 2013 1:02 AM EDT

Oh god, for some reason that made me think of the PG trailer for 300.  "Our bees will blot out the sun!"

• 10 posts
    March 31, 2013 6:14 AM EDT

I was at the bridge between Forelhost and Riften, near Nightingale Hall when 3 wolves approached me. Behind them were the three drunkards who began to fight each others. The bandits from a nearby bandit camp came down the hill charging not to mention that a scavenger and a necromancer had spawned. Then just to top this off, a dragon appeared and it was all horrific and gory. But still, the best and my favourite moment of my skyrim life.

• 13 posts
    March 31, 2013 8:23 AM EDT

Well the first time i finished the Main Quest, i was quite surprised to see all those Dragon on top of the throat of the world and chanting in dragon language, it was very epic. Here is the video in case you don't know what i mean.

http://youtu.be/8pqVIt9hwjw?t=5m7s

One of the more funnier "WTF" moments i had while i used Paralyze on an Orc near Haemar's Shame, he was at full speed trying to attack me when i used a paralyze spell on him and then he flew behind me but the most funny thing was that he flipped like a pinball between the rocks of the vale for maybe 2 minutes before he disappeared in the sky. Strange glitch but funny none the less.