Forums » General Gaming

Best Part of VGA's...DarkSouls II

• 577 posts
    December 8, 2012 7:51 AM EST

I know alot of people particular don't like this game or whathaveyou, but I tinkled myself a little last night when they showed the trailer for DarkSouls2!!!! Most likely it will come out on the next gen consoles. It will be available on Xbox, PS3 and PC....all at the same time!

Thoughts, if any, on this kick-ass trailer...

• 62 posts
    December 8, 2012 1:55 PM EST

Nice. Just... nice.

• 4 posts
    December 8, 2012 3:54 PM EST
    The music was kind of lame, the video was sweet
    • 952 posts
    December 8, 2012 4:59 PM EST

The video doesn't work anmore

• 577 posts
    December 10, 2012 8:54 AM EST

Here we go. Got it now. There was some copyright issues going on and it was being taken down....

• 952 posts
    December 10, 2012 5:30 PM EST

Yeah, I saw it in the meantime already. Looks good, I still haven't tried Dark Souls now it's out for PC but maybe I'll buy it this holiday. But then again I also want to buy The Witcher 2 and I don't know if I can finish all those games.

• 577 posts
    December 10, 2012 7:05 PM EST

Sure you can!

• 739 posts
    December 10, 2012 7:11 PM EST

Ha! Prepare to die............lots!!

Still haven't done Dark Souls! I think it should be my christmas present! I loved demons souls, played it like a fiend!

• 577 posts
    December 10, 2012 7:42 PM EST

You'll love itI'm just about finished with my NG+ playthrough and will def be playing another one. Not a big achievement guy, but now I'm determined to get platinum. It'll take 3.5 playthroughs to get a specific achievement (bosses drop a soul and you can make weapons/sheilds out of them. One boss you can make 3 items with it's soul, hence the amount of playthroughs. Achieve all "rare" weapons)

So yeah, you'll catch the "fiendness" again with itPeople are going ape shit over the news of DkSII. Rumors were they weren't going to make another.....

• 52 posts
    December 10, 2012 9:12 PM EST
    Dark souls is hard as hell. Then again I wasn't In a good mood when I played it. So at the break out quest.(first one you get, character creation quest) when I forgot the key for the way out I was pretty pissed. Went back and searched for 30 minutes and couldn't find it I returned it to GameStop 1 hour after I bought it. RAGE QUIT. Lol. I will have to go back and but a preowned version of it someday, from what I hear it is actually a fun day. Again I was pretty pissed already that day.
    • 577 posts
    December 10, 2012 11:58 PM EST

Yikes! yeah, I'd say that's a new level of 'rage quit'...lol

• 952 posts
    December 11, 2012 2:45 AM EST
    Rumors are also that with the annoucement to make DS2 more accesible they'll make it more easy.
    • 577 posts
    December 11, 2012 1:51 PM EST

Hopefully not I think what they mean is that the tutorial maybe easier to understand. They would lose alot of fans if they cushion it for the masses. It's not that hard once you get to know how to play it mechanic wise. You just have to be patient. You can't play a Souls game being macho and just plow through it...you'll die 4X as much.

The story lies within the descriptions of items, enemies and surroundings, not told to you like Skyrim. That's another thing fun about the game...it's mystery and interpretation one gets. That's some of the fear...NPC's telling you everything and being "shackled" through a story.

• 952 posts
    December 11, 2012 2:18 PM EST

Is the tutorial that difficult to understand? Or did they just make it so boring people don't pick up anything from it.

• 577 posts
    December 11, 2012 5:19 PM EST

Well, to be honest, there really isn't one. LOL! They kinda just throw you in there. There's writings on the floor to tell you what the buttons are, but that's about it. You can also get 'explanations' from each line in the menu...it's weird at first, really weird. Hard to explain. Becomes second nature after awhile....

Give it a go. It's dirt cheap right now. If you're on PC, it's highly recommended to get a controller. The key layout apparently sucks (or just doesn't work well with this game)

If you're really interested, this is pretty good explanation of the smithing and scaling of weapons...something the game really doesn't tell you about (and most likely turns the casual gamer away, hence the new directors want to make DS2 more "accessible"). It's just there for you to figure out...along with the story and lore

• 952 posts
    December 11, 2012 5:24 PM EST

Yeah, I was looking for it on the steam store to see what it costs (probarly pick this up at holiday sales if there's any discount, otherwhise I'll buy The Witcher 2 first and maybe this, I have yet to decide) and it had a big recommendation message on the page saying that a controller was highly recommended, so yeah, I may need to look out for one of those as well.

• 577 posts
    December 11, 2012 6:04 PM EST

Cheers man! Both games are exceptional and awesome. You really can't go wrong with either one. Although I've gotten more time (250hrs) and enjoyment with DS over W2...which reminds me, I need to go back and play the other storyline in W2 (there's two storylines worth two completely different outcomes and scenarios)

• 952 posts
    December 18, 2012 4:04 PM EST

Here ya go.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/12/17/dark-souls-ii...

http://www.destructoid.com/dark-souls-ii-director-shibuya-talks-accessibility-240765.phtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Destructoid+%28Destructoid%29

I've been keeping an eye out for it and am going to look if I get a discount during the Steam holiday sales that start tomorrow and I'm going to buy a (probarly) Xbox controller (with cord) to play it. With that PC resolution fix and some graphics mods it'll look better than my modded Skyrim.

• 360 posts
    March 13, 2013 5:58 PM EDT
    I hope hope they dont muck up the dificulty, dark souls is my fav game of all time, i just started using a buffed scimitar, and it is BEAST, im going to try to beat my stoicsm high score with it, any xbox dks fans here? If so then i would love to add u on xbox live and duel sometime