Forums » The Lounge

Things that anger me while reading 'Twilight'

• 1913 posts
    December 1, 2012 11:15 PM EST
    Twilight challenge
    (Every time I read something in the book that angers me, I'll write it here)

Chapter 1

•there is a bible quote in the beginning of the book, even though many of the things in the book contradict the bible. (Necrophilia, beastiality, adultery, etc.)

•they explain that Bella's parents are not together, but not why. They seem to be civil with each other.

•Bella is rude when talking about her father, calling him by his name instead of "dad" or some variation of it

•Bella shows no sympathy to a old friend after hearing about him becoming paralyzed.

•conceded woman know as Bella is complaining on her looks (I'm going to need a tally mark system for this aren't I?)

•Bella does not get along with anybody, not even her mother, the person she loves most... What does that say?

•spent night crying... For no reason...

•Bella mistakes kindness with over helpfulness

•Bella is rude to people who want to get to know her and become friends

•Bella doesn't care to learn the names of people who want to become friends with her

•Bella decides to stare at people who aren't looking at her, creepy

•from what Bella described them as, how do none of these people know that the Cullen's are a strange group of people? They are albino, with dark eyes, and creepy black makeup!

•Bella has more feelings for the guy who looked like he was in pain when he stared at her, then the guy who actually wanted to sit by her, and talk with her.

•Bella had a bad day... Even though people wanted to be friends with her, the teachers were nice, and a boy tried to show he is interested with her... Which caused her to cry herself to sleep out of depression... *RAGE RISING!!!*

Chapter 2

•Bella thinks that the day at school was bad not because she was embarrassed, or that she hit her teammate in the head with a dodgeball, it was because... Edward, the guy who looked like he was in pain after meeting her... Was not here today... *loads shotgun, leaves it near the bedside, just incase it is needed*

•Bella references much better movies than twilight (wizard of oz, terminator)

•a guy named mike is interested in Bella (god knows why), and how does she react? 'I held my breath at the door, but Edward Cullen wasn't there, either'... Wow

•Bella still waits anxiously for Edward to return... Why? I don't know

•Bella is so stupid she doesn't know what snow is...
    • 577 posts
    December 1, 2012 11:28 PM EST

Bella sounds like a typical teenage girl. Awww snap!!!!

• 291 posts
    December 1, 2012 11:29 PM EST

Hunter, once you learn to accept that Bella is a selfish, oblivious girl with major depression, daddy issues, and delusional all while existing in Flatland (one dimension), the character problems become a lot easier to swallow.  I've always treated the Twilight books like potato chips:  fun to read, but not very intellectually filling.  Just wait until you read the book where it goes from soap opera drama to X-Men 4: Vampire Edition.

And if you haven't read Hunger Games yet, you will be highly entertained but equally frustrated at similar characterization problems.

• 1913 posts
    December 1, 2012 11:30 PM EST
    I actually liked that series, but yeah there are problems with it
    • 1913 posts
    December 1, 2012 11:33 PM EST
    While I'm reading these chapters I'm wondering... Why is she interested in Edward... When she keeps refusing a guy that has been trying to get to know her from the beginning, has been very chivalrous, friendly, and has tried to invite her to parties?
    • 1913 posts
    December 1, 2012 11:37 PM EST
    I have a lot of girl friends in school (shut up, not like that. Just friends) and they are never this depressed. The most depressed I've seen from one of my friends was when she broke up with her boyfriend... And even then, she was still laughing at jokes, smiling, and having a semi-decent day
  • December 2, 2012 12:37 AM EST

Because she is a selfish, whiny bitch who wants the whole world to feel sorry for her.

• 377 posts
    December 2, 2012 3:30 AM EST

Is this topic really up here?? Damn, this site is going down hill.

• December 2, 2012 3:33 AM EST

Because we're making fun of Twilight?

• 1913 posts
    December 2, 2012 3:40 AM EST
    I was reading the book, my friends were no where in sight and I had to vent. I'll take this discussion down soon
    • 377 posts
    December 2, 2012 4:59 AM EST

Because it's even on here.

• December 2, 2012 5:21 AM EST

I think un-necassarily negative comments are worse than making fun of something we all hate.

• 377 posts
    December 2, 2012 6:37 AM EST

Why are you defending Twilight?? Even if it is to make fun of it, why are you defending it??

Get rid of it. Exterminate. Burn it. Bleach it. Let it die. Forget it ever happened. Stomp it out of humanity's history.

And dear god, why why it is still on this site. This make me wanna cry. If only I could.

• 158 posts
    December 2, 2012 7:51 AM EST

He isn't defending twilight.

It was the comment that "this site is going down hill" that he is saying was un necessary. 

I think

How awkward if I'm wrong 

• 773 posts
    December 2, 2012 8:25 AM EST

If people don't like the forum topics, then start new ones of your own

Simple 

• 1913 posts
    December 2, 2012 9:50 AM EST
    I can't delete the discussion.
    Can someone do it for me?
    • 1913 posts
    December 2, 2012 9:59 AM EST
    As I was writing this, i wasn't trying to just make fun of it, I was venting at how stupid this is. I didn't want to start self harming, and my friends don't live anywhere near me so I couldn't vent to them
    • 291 posts
    December 2, 2012 10:40 AM EST

No biggie then, carry on. ;)

After you read the book, you should watch the movie.  Then you get to see Kristen Stewart in her "I'm constipated, but I'm going to pretend the means I'm sad" expressions."  Poor lass, really seems to be unable to convey emotions very well on her face.  Or put inflection in her voice.  Or generally sound anything other than a nervous kid in high school doing a play.

(As a side note...I have read all the books, watched the movies...and yet I sit here bashing them.  Oh, they're my guilty pleasure...like a bad soap opera.)

• December 2, 2012 1:57 PM EST

lol, you aren't wrong Josh, I hate Twilight; Bella's a bitch, Edward is an uncharismatic moron, and that shirtless wolf guy (honestly don't remember his name) is bland. But when we've had assholes like John Rose and Dcgamer, Twilight isn't gonna do that much.

• December 2, 2012 1:58 PM EST

Hey, wrestling is somewhat cool, don't ever compare it to Twilight

• 77 posts
    December 2, 2012 3:05 PM EST

Good god, put the book down before your brain rots!

• 67 posts
    December 2, 2012 4:33 PM EST

Why did you have to remind me of Hunger Games!? *Rage begins to boil at the thought that people consider this the greatest book of all time when there is way better written and structured books like the Outsiders or LOTR*

• December 2, 2012 5:46 PM EST

The Outsiders? I prefer the Hunger Games. Never enjoyed the Outsiders.

• 67 posts
    December 2, 2012 7:06 PM EST

To each his own. While I don't particually like Hunger Games, I can respect your opinion

• December 2, 2012 7:53 PM EST

True enough, I'll never say Hunger Games is the best book of all time, it has some flaws people overlook IMO.