Forums » General Gaming

10 ways games are good for you

• 285 posts
    • 966 posts
    November 16, 2012 10:42 AM EST

My teacher is convinced video games are bad, he's a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to stuff like that. I'll show him this to prove he's an idiot.

• 59 posts
    November 16, 2012 10:51 AM EST

I wouldn't call them surprising! Its only surprising to non-gamers. We all know the benefits of gaming; nice to know others do too!

• 952 posts
    November 16, 2012 10:55 AM EST
    Yeah, gaming is kind of stigmatised by older, more conservative people as unhealth and bad. I know they're wrong but when trying to prove otherwise they won't accept it anyway. They're too set in their way.
    • 59 posts
    November 16, 2012 11:31 AM EST

Well its not the healthiest of habbits compared to hobbies like sports but neither is watching TV; so really its far better than watching TV. Its bascially like reading an interactive book, people say reading books is very healthy and good for you. I say it depends on the book! Just like it depends on the game =] Either way at least your brains working unlike TV where nothing is working. I guess older people just don't see it as healthy because it involves a TV? Not all "older" people think its bad though.

I love this sketch: 

• 577 posts
    November 16, 2012 1:10 PM EST

lol...Thanks Imeera! That was really good.

• 856 posts
    November 16, 2012 1:48 PM EST

This was hilarious... perhaps you will post it to the video page so more can see it.  (Oh and I'm one of the 'older' gamers)