Forums » Elder Scrolls

Dragons don't actually attack in major cities?

• 26 posts
    December 23, 2011 5:43 PM EST

I have played for over 150 hours and not seen a dragon attach within the city limits.  Outside the cities, yes, but not in the city world space.  I suspect if one does attack within the closed cities it would be a scripted one.  Just a guess on my part.  however quite a few people seem to have met up with dragons within the cities.   Maybe I just don't spend enough time within the cities.

• 9 posts
    December 23, 2011 6:51 PM EST

I fought a dragon in Riften

• December 23, 2011 7:11 PM EST
    I've fought dragons in windhelm markarth and solitude
    • 13 posts
    December 23, 2011 7:48 PM EST

I've fought in Solitude, Windhelm and Winterhold =P

• 22 posts
    December 23, 2011 7:55 PM EST

Actualy, I fought a dragon in Windhelm, as did my friend. Things like that do seem to be pretty rare though...

• 7 posts
    December 23, 2011 8:58 PM EST

I fought a dragon in Windhelm, he attacked me outside the city but I retreated in, and he followed me.  

• 3 posts
    December 24, 2011 2:16 AM EST

I've fought one in Solitude after exiting the Blue Palace and I also encountered one in Windhelm as I was just walking to the palace to visit Ulfric. It was certainly an experience shooting the dragon down from a wall with my Epic Daedric Bow and the townspeople gathering in awe as I absorbed its soul.

• 15 posts
    December 24, 2011 3:49 AM EST

I had the little girl in Riverwood put a hit out on me. THAT'S some messed up stuff if I've ever seen it.

• 966 posts
    December 24, 2011 6:37 AM EST

It did attack in Whiterun, Amren got killed, He was a friend, so i took his family sword and hung it above the door in Breezehome in his honor.

It happend in Riften and Solitude too, but as far as i know, no one got killed.

It happend alot more often in smaller towns or villages, never happend in the College, even though i,ve been there like 100 times or more.

• 28 posts
    December 24, 2011 7:48 AM EST

I was attacked by a dragon during the battle against Ulfric Stormcloak, so not only did I have hundreds of rebels attacking me but also an Elder Dragon. Trust me, its much better to fight dragons out in the wilderness hah.

• 59 posts
    December 24, 2011 9:43 AM EST

Yes. A dragon attacked me in Solitude. 

• 12 posts
    December 30, 2011 8:07 PM EST

Yeah, In Riften

• 31 posts
    December 30, 2011 8:12 PM EST

Just fought one in Windhelm itself. :)

• 75 posts
    March 21, 2012 10:21 PM EDT

I just had one attack in Whiterun yesterday

• 238 posts
    March 22, 2012 12:40 PM EDT

i had a dragon attack in whiterun. def my best encounter........i used lightening storm to finish it, its ashes remain to this day

• 5 posts
    March 22, 2012 5:36 PM EDT

I must be playing the game wrong! I've had at least 15 dragon attacks in major cities, and probably 50 in minor cities! 7 in Solitude, 3 in Whiterun, 3 in Windhelm, and 2 in Riften. I've fought 30 dragons in Dawnstar alone!

• 54 posts
    March 22, 2012 5:40 PM EDT

Every time I go to Winterhold, I first equip dragonrend. 

• 98 posts
    March 23, 2012 11:33 AM EDT

I've fought a dragon in Whiterun and Riften. the one in Whiterun I was just gonna let the guards handle it but then it killed Ysolda who was my wife at the time so I just kinda lost it for roleplaying purposes.

• 21 posts
    March 23, 2012 1:48 PM EDT

After 200 hours, I'm happy to report that I actually fought a Dragon inside a city!  Whiterun, after fastravelling there after some dungeon crawling.  It was at night, so it was really cool.

Killed the poor beast right near Breezehome on the left-hand side (if you're facing the door).  So after taking a well-deserved nap upstairs, I came out in the morning to find Them Bones still in situ  Flippin Sweet!