Forums » Elder Scrolls

** Possible Spoilers ** In "Really Hope this is Legit News"- Ba

• 15 posts
    October 16, 2012 10:45 AM EDT

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/10/16/report-skyrim-dlc-returns-to-morrowind.aspx

The last few leaks of this nature turned out to be pretty accurate, so looks like we might be heading back to Solstheim.  You know, unless you have a PS3...

• 952 posts
    October 16, 2012 11:05 AM EDT

I hope they'll really do that. But that would also bring up big problems to the Skywind project if it's going to use the same worldspace.

• 57 posts
    October 16, 2012 11:28 AM EDT

I hope these news are true. That would be awesome 

• 63 posts
    October 16, 2012 11:37 AM EDT

I was about to post...

another Link.

There are hints of new armors, weapons and Solstheim in the code apparently. Fun Fun.

I for one welcome the possibility

• 856 posts
    October 16, 2012 11:40 AM EDT

I am skeptical, but yes, earlier leaks seemed to be accurate; possibly done by Bethesda, intentionally.

I am hoping for new DLC; however I hope that we don't see 'dragonmounts' - unless it's just to 'ride around'.  Mounted combat is pathetic in Skyrim; for examples, NPC's cannot do it, no polearms to fight mounted opponents, horses (unmounted) are stupid, etc.  As for a return to Morrowind, I am curious to see the aftermath of the violent eruption of Red Mountain.  I don't mind them returning to a previous region for DLC, I just hope they don't try to cover a new region (such as the Black Marsh, or Elsweyr) with DLC; these should be saved for future games (eg. ESVI).

Edit:  Struck my Morrowind comment, as information points to Solstheim rather than Morrowind.  This is good news for the followers of the Skywind project (focus is the island of Morrowind), since Solstheim is not part of Morrowind (close geographically, but it's not part of Morrowind or any province)

• 856 posts
    October 16, 2012 12:01 PM EDT

According to Eviltrain's link, it looks like it will be in Solstheim, rather than Morrowind.

Assuming this info is accurate here are some messages regarding dragons from the patch file: 

"You cannot cast that type of spell while riding a dragon."

"Your dragon cannot land at this time."

"Your dragon is searching for a place to land."

"Cancelling your request to land."

I also saw information about weapons breaking and 'aiming' (targeting body parts).

And again assuming this is accurate, PS3 users may like this quote from the Bethsoft forums:

"PS3 DLC will come soon and so will mounted spell casting."

• 57 posts
    October 16, 2012 12:21 PM EDT

Yeah its says "sVatsAiming" maybe they'll add a vats system like in Fallout 3/New Vegas

• 377 posts
    October 16, 2012 1:02 PM EDT

Who knows... maybe Bethesda is trying to sabotage them.

• 377 posts
    October 16, 2012 1:30 PM EDT

*spoilers* So Solstheim, eh? Sounds good. Also there will spell casting and staff casting from horseback, which I will be looking forward to. Suspicion is that the name of the DLC will be called 'Dragonborn', who knows maybe this could be an extension to the  main quest. Nevertheless I am excited for it, as it is a lot better than a Bob the Builder DLC.

• 7 posts
    October 16, 2012 1:34 PM EDT

Interesting being that Morrowind was devastated by the volcanic eruption.  I wonder how it's going all look buried under mountains of ash? 

• 7 posts
    October 16, 2012 1:36 PM EDT

If dragon riding is coming, then hopefully we'll have cowboy hats added as DLC too.