Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Future of The Elder Scrolls

• 4 posts
    September 22, 2012 5:21 PM EDT

There has been too much success with Skyrim for Bethesda to not make a future ES game. But where will it be located, main enemies, races, time period etc.

My Speculation

Location: I will admit it, Skyrim was my first ES game so I may not be extremely good at my lore but I'll try my best. I may not know much about ES lore but I do know a bit about creating new things, so  here is what I think about the future of TES. First of I think Bethesda is running out of options, they only have a few provinces left and from what I can see all of them are relatively small so they are going to have to include at least two provinces to reach their full potential. But that is of course assuming that the next game will be in Tamriel. That’s right I said it the next game might not be in Tamriel, why do I think that? Because the next ES game will probably be on the next gen consoles and PC’s so were talking about major capabilities so everyone’s expectations will be high so Bethesda has to either go big or go home.

Conflict: Personally I like the idea of race corruption, not stuff like the Dragons coming back. As a example I think it would be cool if the Empire pushed into a place like Valenwood and threatened the Bosmers way of life (no real life references there).

Races: Bethesda probably wont make a new race in the future ES game, just because they already have ten already. Not saying I wouldn’t die to be able to play as a Snow Elf or Dwemer I just truthfully don’t think that will happen. But they might pull a Falmer and make one race ‘evolve’ so that it will create a different kind of race (ex: Argonian becoming a Charzard).

Time Period: Everything I have stated above could truthfully change and be completely the worst speculation ever if TES went back in time instead of going forward. If you would like for me to make a Back In Time Future TES Speculation then leave a comment below and I will start as soon as I can.

Let the Speculation Games Commence!

• 11 posts
    September 22, 2012 5:39 PM EDT

Well, The elder scrolls MMO is obviously next in line, but the next "proper" elder scrolls? Hard to say. I really hope that they delve deep into the lore of elder scrolls, as there is a massive amount of content yet to be fully explored. Like you, I find it unlikely that they will add new races, but I hope that they will further develop the existing ones. As for province, I am crossing my fingers for Black March so hard.

• 144 posts
    September 22, 2012 6:07 PM EDT

^this

• 285 posts
    September 22, 2012 8:12 PM EDT
    Location: We haven't seen most of Hammerfell, High Rock, Summerset Isle, Valenwood, and Black Marsh. All of those options in Tamriel are open(I've discounted Arena(it had all of Tamriel) and Daggerfall because I feel they could do so much more with it.

Conflict: I want something deep in lore, an invasion from Akavir or done by the Maormer would be great. Regionsl stuff would be great. A couple of examples are the Kothringi/Lilmothiit remains for Black Marsh, Ayleid remnants in Valenwood, etc.

Races: Athough not likely, I would love to see a new race or two.

Time period: Based on the pattern of Elder Scrolls games we will probably go anywhere from 5-50 years in the future(Skyrim was kinda a reboot, thus the time jump).
    • 4 posts
    September 23, 2012 10:08 AM EDT

I think a really cool location would be Eslewyr AND Black Marsh

• 285 posts
    September 23, 2012 10:17 AM EDT
    But Elsweyr and Black Marsh don't share a border, Cyrodiil splits them.
    • 4 posts
    September 23, 2012 10:24 AM EDT

Maybe with the landscape of Tamriel changes, they definatey have to make a big change for the next game to be fresh.

• 291 posts
    September 23, 2012 12:40 PM EDT

I think I've said this before, but Elsweyr seems like the most likely leap in the next SPRG version of TES, especially if they keep the game within 100 years of Skyrim.  There's so much interesting factional conflict in that land it's hard to turn away from.

• 16 posts
    September 23, 2012 6:48 PM EDT

There's also the continent of Akaviri where humans originally came from, which is also inhabited by 4 unseen races.

• September 23, 2012 6:52 PM EDT

Aye, this^ is the place I want to go through ^^

• 3 posts
    September 23, 2012 9:19 PM EDT

Now, I'm not too familiar with the mysterious Akavir (see what I did there?) but, I think it would be neat if they showed up as another beast race, simian, to be precise. Katana wielding super agile apes? Yes Please!

Also, if we're talking going big with new tech, why not just show Elder Scrolls online how it's done and make all of Tamriel available.

I can dream, can't I?

• 856 posts
    September 23, 2012 9:23 PM EDT

I had some speculation about this last November, and made a blog post.  The location was the black marsh, but the plot device would work in any location (invasion of Tamriel by Akavir)  Here's the link if anyone's interested in the old discussion:    http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/profiles/blogs/the-future-of-elder-sc...