Forums » Elder Scrolls

What DID I do wrong?

• 23 posts
    December 9, 2011 4:20 AM EST

Here's the story:-

My Orc had just returned to Whiterun to off-load some kit. It was late, so the only place open was The Drunken (forgot), I went in, turned left and hit "E" to talk to the vendor. I missed him and inadvertently stole something from the counter.

My bounty went up to 2 from 0. I'm a nice guy, you see!

The guard that happened to be in the store attacked me.

I left the store and the game auto-saved.

Four guards that were outside attacked me.

I died.

The game reloaded.

I died.

The game reloaded.

I made a run for Dragonsreach in order to explain my situation to the Jarl, after all, I am Thane of Whiterun. I'll pay the bounty if they stop wailing on me.........

I made it.

I died.

The game reloaded. I was in Dragonsreach.

I died.

Repeat X3

The game crashed to desktop.

Dare I restart the game? 

• 4 posts
    December 9, 2011 4:33 AM EST

Draw your weapon in front of a guard and then sheath it and you will be able to open dialogue in paying off your fine.

• 23 posts
    December 9, 2011 4:55 AM EST

Thanks Mark,

It was a close call though! I was very short of health when I reloaded.

I'm always worried when I reload a "crashed" game.

But, with your help, it all worked out for the best.

Thanks again!!!

• 6 posts
    December 9, 2011 12:05 PM EST

What level are you? The only thing that i can think of is to tear ass out of Whiterun and try coming back later. or you could go to a previous save typically there are 2 or 3 auto saves on the computer check for your most recent one before the alleged thievery, you may have to back track and repeat a few things but it is better then getting your ass kicked by some overzealous guards. See crime doesn't pay

• 80 posts
    December 9, 2011 12:43 PM EST

Do you save multiple games? I would reload to the last save prior to all those autosaves.