Forums » The Lounge

What Else Do You Do?

• 557 posts
    September 20, 2012 8:35 AM EDT

Hello everyone, Emer here. Today I'm here to ask what else you do outside of Skyrim. Do you paint? Do you play sports? Let's hear if you have any interesting talents!

When it comes to me, I enjoy doing a lot. I draw (although most of the time it isn't very good), I fence (sword fighting, not selling stolen things), I play tennis, and I also like to write, but those are things you may already know about me (I'm sure I've told some of you about myself).

What you probably didn't know is that I love to sing, I love to dance, and I love to make tech things (Have you ever heard of "jailbreaking" an iPhone, iPod, or iPad? That's something I've helped create).

What else do you all do? Anything strange? Let's hear it!

• 557 posts
    September 20, 2012 9:09 AM EDT

I've drawn some somewhat morbid pictures as well.

• 966 posts
    September 20, 2012 9:38 AM EDT

Drawing... I can barely stay within the lines. 

Well I mainly do football. *Real football, not handegg* and free-running. *Call it parkour but hardcore*

But I do all kinds of sports. Tennis, hockey, basketball, rugby. Really anything besides handegg. 

And besides sports its mainly raiding fridges and gaming.

• 557 posts
    September 20, 2012 10:00 AM EDT

I actually use the term "handegg" as well, strange.

I like to play some rather interesting sports (fencing, jai lai, spearfishing, etc.)

I half expected you to talk about your tendency to eat people, destroy towns, and each cheese.

• 966 posts
    September 20, 2012 10:02 AM EDT

Handegg is a common used word^^ Atleast on 9gag.

And those things like eating people and CHEESE would really speak for itself. Everyone knows about that already.

• 3 posts
    September 20, 2012 10:19 AM EDT
    I enjoy skydiving as you can see from my pic!!

May also explain why have a habit of blowing my follower off the top of the greybeards mountain!
    • 557 posts
    September 20, 2012 10:32 AM EDT
    I don't go on 9gag, haha.
    • 557 posts
    September 20, 2012 10:33 AM EDT
    Hmm. I wish I could do that to Lydia. Too bad I already killed her.
    • 54 posts
    September 20, 2012 7:26 PM EDT

I'm usually involved in theater performances and other acting shenanigans.

• 133 posts
    September 20, 2012 8:38 PM EDT

I enjoy drawing, but like Jo'Daro I also don't have time to finish them, that why my Dovahkiin drawing in the art section hasn't been finished yet. I really enjoy freerunning although my mom won't let me practice it. I have also had an interest in making games.

• September 20, 2012 8:41 PM EDT

I... should probably get out more...

• 3 posts
    September 20, 2012 9:04 PM EDT

As many others I'm sure, I'm big on sports. Have 4 Varsity sports in 3 seasons and do some dabbling in games :P both playing and hacking.

• 2 posts
    September 21, 2012 12:21 AM EDT

Drums! Just sent my application in to Berklee College of Music located in Boston Mass: the motherland.;D

• 63 posts
    September 21, 2012 12:27 AM EDT

Awesome! Good luck!

• 952 posts
    September 21, 2012 4:20 AM EDT
    When I'm drunk I usually dance a lot on party's. I don't really do any sports although I walk the dog wich isn't really sport. I wanted to play hockey but there isn't a team close to my home where I can join up. I also wanted to play football (the real thing) but my mom wouldn't allow me because she said I would have to go to too many training sessions a week. What a BS.
    • 22 posts
    September 22, 2012 3:41 AM EDT

I also enjoy dancing and singing (badly I've been told) when I'm drunk and as for exercise I cycle to work so probably do around 15k a day... other than that I have two boys a 7 month old and a 2 year old, they more or less take up the rest of my free time. Right now however their locked into their playroom so I can catch a breather... kids can be hard work

• 140 posts
    September 22, 2012 6:44 PM EDT

Ha, Andrew!  I totally understand that...unfortunately there is no emoticon that shows a person's hair with a streak of white and standing on end!  

Hobbies are kind of on the back burner to take care of children, though I am carving out more time for writing and exercise.

So, to all those who think their parents are boring...think again...we just make sacrifices for something greater (raising our children, in case I was not clear), that is all!

• 63 posts
    September 22, 2012 11:01 PM EDT
    Damn kids!
    Wait... I was a kid...
    Damn kids!
    • 409 posts
    September 22, 2012 11:05 PM EDT

Golf, may sound odd but I enjoy lifting weights I like to challenge my self by lifting more and more and I get stronger all the while, I also plan on trying out for the wrestling team.

• 22 posts
    September 23, 2012 6:58 PM EDT

yeah I have a list as long as my arm of things I've given up doing cos of my dam kids! I mean lovely angels   There's also more boxes than I care to count of "My Stuff" in the attic gathering dust till I can take them back down... hopefully some time in the next 2 decades!

• 8 posts
    September 24, 2012 1:17 PM EDT

I am currently a full time student, majoring in Magic. I like to read everything, write fiction, and spin tales. My hobbies include women, rum, and good company. I love to travel and have a soft spot for the misty hills of Wales. I can read Latin and Old English and speak a smattering of other romance languages.

I've been classically trained in fencing and have dabbled in kendo and other various eastern martial arts. I also like to help people - I'm an unregistered detective and locksmith - I have solved several local cases. In my spare time, I am a swordsmith and jeweler. I love to make things and solve puzzles.

I like to explore and adventure and challenge my self. I am part of a circus troupe and perform various circus arts: Juggling, contact juggling, fire staff, fire breathing, balancing, and acrobatics, to name but a few. I also practice stage magic and other sleights, performative and otherwise.

A friend once told me I was born into the wrong story, I can't help but think she was right.

• 557 posts
    September 24, 2012 1:39 PM EDT

Like you, I also speak quite a few languages. I also fence, and I also own a small metal forge (it's in my basement). I sometimes adventure, and I'm known to wander around the local caves late at night.

• 8 posts
    September 24, 2012 2:16 PM EDT

Most excellent! I'm sure we'd get along splendidly out there. Its good to know there are other adventurers out there in the world. I'd love to have a duel some time. Like I said, I was classically trained so it was all footwork then a year of foil. I fence Sabre, though I fear I'm rather rusty. What weapon do you prefer? 

• 557 posts
    September 24, 2012 2:26 PM EDT

I fence Épée. I like to challenge. I can use the Foil and Sabre as well. I'm undefeated

Do you have any disarms?

• September 24, 2012 3:23 PM EDT

I don't do it very often because of where I live, but I really like to swim( as much as any Argonian =P) not as the sport( though I have done that) just for fun, in fact me, my dad, and my brother are going to take the test for our scuba diving licenses in the coming weeks and I'm really excited. Other than that I have a pretty lame life( not bad life, just not exciting) compared to most here. I'm interested in fencing though I don't think there is a place to practice here. And I write sometimes, though if you go to the Story Corner every once in awhile you'll see I don't have the utmost confidence in.my writing ability. So, yeah, kind of a lame life @_@