Forums » The Lounge

What Else Do You Do?

• 7 posts
    September 24, 2012 3:28 PM EDT

Cool thread...

I like sports, I play basketball and badminton a lot and I also do bodybuilding 4-5 times a week. I'm pretty good at drawing but not enough to do my dream job which is tattoo artist. That beeing said, I guess you figured that I'm into tattoo. I have one full sleeve, a full sleeve in progress and a tattoo on the neck. My profile picture is actually a sketch of one of my tattoos.

I write a lot of stories (in french!) and I'm presently doing a communication degree so needless to say that homework is currently one of my biggest "pastime".

A watch a lot of movies, I'm a big Tarantino fan. I also listen to music a lot, mostly old rap (american and french) old metal or hardcore music. Wu-Tang Clan's one of my favorite group of all time and I can't wait to see the Rza's " Man with the Iron First".

Ohter than that I'm lucky enough to have a girlfriend who enjoys videogames so I game a lot. Currently playing Borderlands 2 with her and it's a blast!

• 10 posts
    September 25, 2012 12:11 AM EDT

I fence as well, but I've only ever used a foil, the place I go to carries just them. I also play guitar, and just taught myself the Skyrim theme song, I run every few days with my cousin on the naval base, and I occasionally bike and camp, I love doing stuff outside, especially for long periods of time, however, I am burdened with unwilling siblings and high maintenance wienerdogs, neither of which like to do anything. Hence the occasional part. I also enjoy messing around with computers, such as creating programs and fantasy worlds. And I read pretty much any history/fantasy/adventure book I see.

• 1 posts
    September 25, 2012 2:04 AM EDT

Besides skyrim i spend my time wit my homies and we normally hit up dat bong or get a bunch a hoes. Know what im sayin mane?

• 67 posts
    September 25, 2012 9:13 PM EDT

I play hockey and starting to take lessons on how to use a longsword.

• 291 posts
    September 25, 2012 11:44 PM EDT

I paint, draw, and read profusely.  I'm semi-trained in photography, but only tend to take photographs when I travel.  But you probably could have guessed those things.

I also love hiking, enjoy running, and have a semi-stimulating day job.  Among other things, I also enjoy kayaking (sea kayak) and white water rafting.  I dream of one day taking a sabbatical and attempting to hike the entirety of the Appalachian Trail, but that is likely a pipe dream at best.

I can stammer a few chords on the guitar, blow a few notes on the flute (evidently, I can carve flutes better than play them...oh well), and half-way read music.  In spite of that, I love to analyse music and explore the layers of sound, though I have no true way to explaining what I observe as I lack any technical vocabulary when it comes to music.

• 6 posts
    September 26, 2012 4:11 PM EDT

I am on a swim team, I love to draw random things, I really enjoy spending time outdoors and going camping and fishing, and currently I want to learn how to hunt and that's pretty much it I am still in High School so I can't really describe anything else :P

• 557 posts
    September 27, 2012 10:10 AM EDT

So what I'm getting from this is that everyone who's ever been to this website would get alone great with me.

• 7 posts
    September 27, 2012 11:13 AM EDT

I always like that kind of thread. I remember back when I was playing Everquest on PC. I was in a guild and someone started a "Who are you and what do you do thread". I was in complete shock when I learned that the Guild's leader was in fact a 60 years old millionaire businessman who was playing EQ all day from his Seattle office. He even sent us pictures of the view he had from that office which was on top of some tower lol. And when I was playing NWN a lot, we all realised that the most feared warrior on the server,(an evil badass killing machine) was in fact a 12 or 13 years old boy lol...