Forums » Elder Scrolls

Imperial Pigs or Stormcloak Dogs?

• 17 posts
    December 8, 2011 9:58 AM EST

Which side did you join?

Which side do you prefer?

Another question, when you talk to friends who also have Skyrim, do you insult each other if they joined to opposing force?

For an example, last night (7 December, 2011) I was talking on the phone with my bff and I found out he was an Imperial. I'm a Stormcloak. So I told him we can no longer be friends. Then we went off on insulting each other with Imperial pig, and Stormcloak dog, and such. Hell I even backed my argument that Stormcloaks are better (comparing them to the nickname Stormcloak Dogs) and said that dogs are loyal and friends. Pigs just roll around in the mud and are stinky.

Anyway, feel free to add your little arguements with your friends and what not on here ^^ It shall entertain me!

• 144 posts
    December 8, 2011 7:42 PM EST

basicly the same thing happened with me. my best friend had chosen the imperials and i the rebels. 

• 4 posts
    December 8, 2011 8:54 PM EST

No clue. Whichever one makes the thalmor beg for death before the end.

• 6 posts
    December 9, 2011 11:05 PM EST

Stormcloaks hate the Thalmor and the Imperials like them.

• 6 posts
    December 9, 2011 11:06 PM EST

Stormcloaks, definitely Stormcloaks.

• 6 posts
    December 9, 2011 11:15 PM EST

Thats not true neither side likes them and it was Ulfric who had secrect dealings with them.

• 29 posts
    December 17, 2011 3:11 PM EST

Dogs! Those Imperials tried to KILL ME!

• December 17, 2011 8:01 PM EST

Its that thalmor that are the real problem, they are the ones that made the empire so.

• December 18, 2011 12:16 AM EST

What do you mean? Do you mean Tullius? Remember in the beginning when Ralof said "General Tullius the military govenor, and it looks like the Thalmor are with him. Damn elves, I bet they had something to do with this."?

• 6 posts
    December 19, 2011 6:52 PM EST
    What are you talking about? The empire loathes the Thalmor. Do you not realize that the Thalmor invaded Cyrodil and killed tons of imperials from the empire? The storm loans don't like them either as the Thalmor as set on conquering Skyrim which is why they helped Ulfric so he would continue to cause dissent in Skyrim and ensure that it would be easier for the Thalmor to dominate.
  • December 20, 2011 12:17 AM EST

Yes, I remember what Tullius said before I killed him, but Ulfric didn't have "secret dealings" with them, he just did exactly what the Thalmor wanted him to do. There's a difference

• 1 posts
    March 6, 2012 6:15 PM EST

Stormcloaks!  Ever seen the movie The 13th Warrior?  I think the actor who played Bullvai in that movie does the voice for Ulfric (Vladimir Kulich)?  Had to join Stormcloaks for that reason alone because I like that movie.

• 1 posts
    March 6, 2012 7:45 PM EST

I agree that the Thalmor are the real problem, and I'm still as of yet undecided. I'm leaning Imperial though, as Ulfric's division and dissent is merely helping the Thalmor conquer. Granted, the Imperials do try to kill you at the beginning of the game, so it makes that leaning a little... uneasy.

• 12 posts
    March 6, 2012 8:31 PM EST

Im had the same thing between me and my best friedns except im pro imperial, the empire must be preserved for it will prevail one day.

• 15 posts
    March 7, 2012 2:51 AM EST

Long live The Empire!!

• 162 posts
    March 7, 2012 3:53 AM EST

I didn't choose a side. The whole strive between the Imperials and the Stormcloaks is a Thalmor "divide & conquer" conspiracy. As long as they keep fighting each other the Thalmor will essentially rule Skyrim. The Stormcloaks and the Imperials should unite and kick those dominion bastard back to their isles. This will bring freedom and prosperity to Skyrim under the enlightened reign of the Empire.

• 5 posts
    March 7, 2012 6:53 AM EST

I prefer the joining neither option and I wont kill Parthunax so I guess that makes me mostly Greybeard but if I had to chose it would be the Imperials because I cannot abide the racism of the Stormcloaks and Uljfric did not challenge the High King to a fair fight he used 'the voice' which is like whipping out a bazooka against a sword and then he ran away like a girl leaving the man who helps him behind, who we see executed, to face the music.  Also, the only reason the Imperials are in bed with the Thalmore is because of the greater good.  Of course there is self interest there too but if they didn't tolerate them they could wipe out the last of the Empire and everyone else too.  If Ulfric became High King.  With his arrogance, lack of diplomacy and self-serving attitude I think he'd have the Thalmore baying for blood within a year.

I haven't had an argument yet but I might say "Imperial Traditionalist Martyr!" or "Stormcloak Facist!"  or "Thalmor Psycho Nutter!" if moved.

• 6 posts
    March 7, 2012 7:30 AM EST

I side with the Stormcloaks myself.  Yeah Ulfric seems to be a selfserving, prejudiced prick( If I could kill him and take over the rebellion myself I would.) but clearly the empire is a waning power now, they wouldn't have had to sign such a one sided treaty otherwise.  I say disband the empire let those provinces that would fight band together to fight the Aldemeri Dominion and let those that wouldn't submit to the Dominion.

• 77 posts
    March 7, 2012 12:02 PM EST

I chose the Stormcloaks on my first character, but I realized my mistake after the Thalmor Embassy quest, and I regretted it. Now I'm on the side of the Empire. My friend chose Stormcloak, and that makes me wish for multiplayer PvP sometimes :/

I do murder every single Thalmor I come across though >:)

• March 7, 2012 12:03 PM EST

But if they continue to fight and draw it out won't more damage be caused than if you let take care of itself. If your waiting for the leaders to realize what they're doing is stupid why have them kill each other during that time?

• March 7, 2012 12:08 PM EST

But the High King was weak. The Nords want a powerful and honorable king. If he doesn't have the voice, the ancient power of the Nords, he was obviously a lazy and crappy king. The Nords aren't like the Imperials and their politics, they're barbarians and vikings. Yes, I don't think Ulfric deserves to be king but if it was someone else who wasn't a power hungry racist killed the High King I would applaud them for that. And in the case of the Nords I already do a little bit.

• 80 posts
    March 7, 2012 12:15 PM EST

So far, I have had one character that ended up not choosing sides after learning more about Ulfric, and another character that was Stormcloak all the way. I intend to start another character eventually who chooses Imperial, or to have my first character change her mind and go Imperial. I just haven't found a way to get a believable role play out of that yet.  

For me, I think both sides have good points, and which side you choose depends entirely on the character you are playing.  If you have time, take both sides and see both stories.

• 80 posts
    March 7, 2012 12:17 PM EST

I agree with Julian. The only way out of the mess is for one side or the other to win.

• 4 posts
    March 7, 2012 2:00 PM EST

This... is... FORUMRAGEWAR!!!!!!!!

• 1 posts
    March 7, 2012 2:10 PM EST

So far on my playtroughs only sided with the imperials so far. I don't like how Ulfric does his things. He's spilling innocent blood on his own people and for the other races. The empire thinks at a larger scale and prevent the Thalmor from invading any further.

But those are just my personal thoughts  

~Magnus