Forums » Elder Scrolls

Most Awe-Inspiring Skyrim Moment?

• 557 posts
    September 13, 2012 10:41 PM EDT

The other day I was walking through a forest when I saw an awesome sight, an Aurora Borealis shining through the night sky. 

This got me thinking, what was your most awe-inspiring moment in Skyrim? Post it in the comments below!

• 708 posts
    September 13, 2012 10:49 PM EDT

(Spoilers?) Definitely the entrance to Sovngarde. The jump into the portal followed by the walk down the stairs near the start of the zone was really cool.

• 557 posts
    September 13, 2012 10:52 PM EDT

That was really cool, but I was a little disappointed in the whole experience. I didn't play as a Nord, and I always thought that only Nords went to Sovngarde. Guess they had to make room for TWO lizards in that soul-snare!

• September 13, 2012 11:11 PM EDT

Easily an Aurora Borealis over the plains of Whiterun :)

• 557 posts
    September 13, 2012 11:21 PM EDT

I just think that the Auroras are so awesome. I stop to admire them whenever I can (unless I'm busy kicking ass, that is).

• 291 posts
    September 13, 2012 11:25 PM EDT

When I first went down into Blackreach and heard the music swell majestically as I looked up at the ceiling and all the giant mushrooms.  I believe I almost cried.

• 557 posts
    September 13, 2012 11:27 PM EDT

Ah, I forgot about Blackreach! It truly is an amazing place, one which I visit often.

• 708 posts
    September 13, 2012 11:31 PM EDT

Well Alduin isn't a Nord is he? I figured it didn't matter since you go through in a portal, rather than your soul going there after death. I hear the lameness of the place in general is dependent on what level you go there - personally I did it at level 44 on Expert and Alduin still wrecked my shit with his breath attack when my shield wasn't raised. 

• 557 posts
    September 13, 2012 11:34 PM EDT

No, I suppose not, but he is tied to the Nords. My Argonian has no business travelling to Shor's Longhouse, or even entering the portal to begin with. I wish they had changed it around a little bit, perhaps throwing a few other places into the mix? I'm not sure exactly what else there is though. 

• 856 posts
    September 13, 2012 11:37 PM EDT

I, too, cast my vote for BlackReach.

• 557 posts
    September 13, 2012 11:39 PM EDT

Blackreach- 2     Aurora- 2

Seems like we're currently at a standstill. 

• 11 posts
    September 14, 2012 4:26 AM EDT

[spoilers for thieves guild]

Barring everything that has already been said, I was in awe when I first saw the statue of the snow elf in Irkingthand. Not only because it was a nice looking statue, but because of the intense battle I had with mercer fray; watching his head role of the top, bouncing off the book and into the water. I wont be forgetting that any time soon haha.

• 557 posts
    September 14, 2012 6:39 AM EDT
    Interesting choice. That was very cool for me to do as well, but only because I didn't expect to see that.
  • September 14, 2012 11:49 AM EDT

Blackreach is good, but nothing beats just being on the hill near rebel's carin when the chorus of "Wind guide you" comes in, as one overlooks the plains to Whiterun. That is truly awe-inspiring for me.

• 557 posts
    September 14, 2012 12:27 PM EDT
    That was interesting to me, but it wasn't necessarily awe-inspiring to me.
    • 557 posts
    September 14, 2012 12:28 PM EDT
    Ah, I can see it now. That was a great image, and the visual is not something I will soon forget.
    • 54 posts
    September 14, 2012 8:09 PM EDT

Fighting an ancient dragon atop the throat of the world is ALWAYS awe-inspiring.

• 238 posts
    September 15, 2012 5:06 AM EDT

Well I was left in awe when i starting free falling through that cavern/cave after that weird orb danced around me.

Going into broken mans grotto was pretty cool. 

Im on xbox and i have actually saved on the point of all awe moments. cause when you save on xbox the slot shows the image you saved at, so its like a gallery of all my most awe inspiring moments. il have to go through them all and pick one. 

memories lol

• 557 posts
    September 15, 2012 7:36 AM EDT
    Ah, I know exactly what you're talking about! That truly is an amazing sight.
    • 557 posts
    September 15, 2012 7:37 AM EDT
    iReplying think that's just aweSOME, not awe-inspiring.
    • 10 posts
    September 18, 2012 11:46 AM EDT

Learning dragonrend from the 3 nord heroes

• 557 posts
    September 18, 2012 9:37 PM EDT

I did like that part. The Time Rift was very interesting to me. 

• 7 posts
    September 18, 2012 10:20 PM EDT

My first dragon fight. I was crossing a bridge (the location was near a castle, geysers, and a small woodmill) and suddenly I hear a wooshing sound. I knew it was a dragon. I was level twelve and was a total noob that even swapped armor types. On top of that there were giants, four wolves, and a mage. I took them all down, over the course of half an hour and it was glorious. Every time I pass that bridge I remember that moment.

• 557 posts
    September 19, 2012 12:15 PM EDT
    I killed a dragon on Dragon Bridge once. I thought it was quite fitting.
    • 856 posts
    September 19, 2012 12:29 PM EDT

I did too.  In fact, I have a screen shot of the dragon (in flight) that I killed there.  It was a night, and I noticed an aurora over the moon - I snapped a screen shot just as the dragon passed in front of the moon. (link).   Of course he attacked the town, and I killed him.