Forums » Elder Scrolls

Most Awe-Inspiring Skyrim Moment?

• 557 posts
    September 19, 2012 12:36 PM EDT
    I love killing dragons. I wish the Blades had a bigger quest line.
    • 7 posts
    September 30, 2012 8:12 PM EDT

I was also in a state of 'Wow look at that gigantic thing!' when i first saw the statue. it made me pity the falmer for the first time. now when i kill them i do it with a hint of sadness.

• 1913 posts
    September 30, 2012 8:17 PM EDT
    For me it was sovngarde. When I saw what was basically heaven and heard the awesome soundtrack that plays constantly I had no words for how amazing it was.
    • 1913 posts
    September 30, 2012 8:18 PM EDT
    Hey think of it this way, you are ending there suffering as blind, raving, demented creatures.
    • 7 posts
    September 30, 2012 8:21 PM EDT

I want the Dwemer back. if only so i can give them a piece of my mind.

• 7 posts
    September 30, 2012 8:30 PM EDT

Mine would have to be when i first discovered the path leading to Raldbthar Deep Market... It was my first hint at what the dwemer were capable of and i imagined endless possibilities.

although nothing could have prepared me for Blackreach. I Whirlwind Sprinted onto the huge golden orb suspended from the cavern ceiling. SPOILERS? then called the black dragon and watched him kill the giant. It was epic! 

• 144 posts
    September 30, 2012 10:28 PM EDT

Oh man, when you walk into the Dawnguard Soul Cairn portal? Man that was awesome!

• 557 posts
    October 1, 2012 8:49 PM EDT
    That was really interested, I'll give you that. It really made me want to do it again!
    • 2 posts
    October 2, 2012 11:00 AM EDT

The view from the top of Solitude Lighthouse looks cool as does the view from Faldor's Tooth in the Rift. I'm a sucker for scenery. Valdheim Towers view is cool too.

• 1 posts
    October 2, 2012 10:41 PM EDT

For me it was the absolute beginning of the game. The whole thing was just amazing.

• 11 posts
    November 14, 2012 8:11 PM EST

I was about to finish the quest involving Jaree-Ra at Solitude. I was in the Broken Oar Gotto (I believe that's what it was) and he was looking for me. He was crossing a bridge and I shot an arrow directly through his neck, and he fell over creating a big splash. MY FIRST IMPRESSIVE ASSASSINATION

• 44 posts
    November 14, 2012 8:32 PM EST
    fighting a dragon for the first time put me in awe..then i died and my astonishment turned to anger and i went dragonborn all over its ass
    • 1 posts
    November 16, 2012 9:38 AM EST

The first time fighting a dragon, that was when I felt that i'm in for a challenge. The most beautiful was Blackreach hands down.

• 8 posts
    November 16, 2012 12:37 PM EST
    When i went for a wander and got lost in the tundra! Wind blowing snow all around me and the sound of wolves in the distance! AWESOME
    • 34 posts
    November 16, 2012 1:44 PM EST
    Mine would definitely have to be the time when I first saw the Aurora Borealis. But in the sky both Masser and Secunda (the moons of Nirn). Masser (the red one) was just above the horizon of the White run plains and Secunda was directly above. THAT was awe-inspiring.
    • 4 posts
    November 17, 2012 7:37 PM EST

I just got to that location actually and I was truly impressed. My 2 and half year old daughter watches me play sometime and she just kept shouting "look at the water daddy! Look at the water!" haha.

• 285 posts
    November 17, 2012 7:53 PM EST
    Mine would be meditating with Paathurnax on top of throat of the world, at night, I was sad when Dawn came.
    • 4 posts
    November 17, 2012 10:18 PM EST

I have never seen these. How do you get them to appear?

• 4 posts
    November 17, 2012 10:20 PM EST

Maybe later DLC?

• 4 posts
    November 17, 2012 10:22 PM EST

My moment has to be Blackreach. Nothing really compares to the first moment you walk in there and see the amazing sights all around.

• 158 posts
    November 18, 2012 5:01 AM EST
    For me it was just a night time. Turned down the music, turned the sound right up, and had my stealth character stalking through the forest at night. You really miss a lot of sights when you're rushing through with epic music blaring.
    • 1 posts
    November 18, 2012 7:16 AM EST

For me it was the first time setting foot on the bridge of the College, the broken stone and crumbling path, giving way to the epic iron gate and the castle that is the College of Winterhold. 

• 59 posts
    November 20, 2012 9:26 AM EST

The first time I had an awe-inspiring moment in Skyrim was the first time I ever played Skyrim more than a year ago on the release date and I met my first Dragon in/by the Watchtower near Whiterun with the main quest. That was awesome! I have had many "What the- Ahhah! Take that!....OH CRAP! RUUUUUUUUNNNN!" moments; usually moments that involve a Dragon Priest. But the one thing that really sticks in my head is walking up the bridge to the College of Winterhold at night with snow falling and the tour that takes place afterwards. 

• 1 posts
    November 26, 2012 7:10 PM EST

Dawnguard in the frozen lake when 2 dragons can bursting out of the ice.

The dragons were wrecking me and I made a a very dramatic run into the closest break in the ice with the help of hilt-skin and argonian water breathing I was able to just barely survive that fight by constantly escaping into the water.

Serana also mysteriously disappeared the entire fight. I was on my own for some reason.

• December 4, 2012 2:18 PM EST
    I find that when the skald in Markarth sings Tale of the Tounges to be awe-inspiring but I also *(spoilers) love the fight scene with arch-curate Virkur in Forgoten Vale when the roof falls to be an amazing sight.