Forums » Elder Scrolls

Hearthfire/minor-mini spoilers/ discussion

• 15 posts
    September 5, 2012 5:15 AM EDT

Well, the building aspect we know of, its not as versatile and as good as i thought it'd be, but it still is pretty cool regardless, my childrens bodies disappeared when i gave them clothing. Skeevers attacks my cellar, bandits constantly attack my estate. I mean its alright for the price. So, the spoiler ish side of it, i mean its not a big spoiler, but first, I saw a book, (the name escapes me) but it mentioned things about the psyjic order, and there are random redguards in the holds, brand new ones, so i dont know what this means... will the next dlc have something to do with the redguards? or the psyjics hopefully? Discuss what you'd like to see, or what you think is going to go down next dlc.

• 238 posts
    September 5, 2012 6:57 AM EDT

i dont mind spoilers in this case, i mean........its a house.......big deal, its not like its a questline ruining the experience, so kyle can you give me more details of what the house building offers. how big can you make your house, how many places can you choose, are there tonnes of options, alot of options or not many options. etc etc 

• 15 posts
    September 5, 2012 7:09 AM EDT

Well there is 3 locations as we all know, and if i am correct the exterior of the houses are all the same, (exterior design is that of whiterun houses). You build up from the foundation to the roof etc, but when furnishing, you don't choose where things go, they place automatically which was a little disappointing. You can stick to creating a small cabin like house, or you can continue expanding it, e.g building the main hall, then you can build a few additional things like enchanters/alchemy tower, storage/trophy room etc, but you can build ALL of them, you can only select a few, hence why its good to get the other plots to experiment with the other building options . bandits raid often, giants not so much, skeevers infest your cellar. For what it is, its pretty good, but i wish you could have made the exterior different and such, but its a start i suppose. Its also nice having a carriage driver that takes you to the smaller settlements as well as the large ones, and the bard is entertaining, the options with children are decent, i mean if they're arguing you can either tell them both off, or just one, so you can pick favourites haha, but yeah that pretty much sums up most of the features.

• 377 posts
    September 5, 2012 7:56 AM EDT

You should post the name of the book and the contents of the book for us to read and discuss. And of course place a huge spoiler tag for those who want to stay away.