Forums » Elder Scrolls

THIS LAND IS MINE!!

• 13 posts
    August 28, 2012 9:57 PM EDT
    Where will your house be. On a mountain, in some valley. By the lake , in the swamp...I haven't decided yet but I have some ideas. What's yours.
    • 557 posts
    August 28, 2012 9:58 PM EDT

Ahhh, the Swamp. The only place an Argonian can truly call home.

• 13 posts
    August 28, 2012 10:09 PM EDT
    History shmistory. I'm DRAGONBORN bitch I'm eatin dragon balls! THIS LAND IS MINE!
  • August 28, 2012 10:09 PM EDT

Ooh, swamp sounds cool for when I do the Shadowscale or Salamander. Mountains for my main Barbarian, and a secluded little cave for assassin.

• August 28, 2012 10:09 PM EDT

You add the walls.

• 557 posts
    August 28, 2012 10:10 PM EDT

While I must admit that sole homes can be targets, if you decide to keep up with the house you should be able to protect it fairly easily. 

• 557 posts
    August 28, 2012 10:11 PM EDT

I'll do the Swamp for every build except my Tsaesci. That can go anywhere, but I may put him in the mountains. 

• 162 posts
    August 29, 2012 3:01 AM EDT

You know the saying that walls are as strong as the one protecting them? Walls with noone on them are quite useless.

Saying this, I don't see it happening that, when you're not around, your precious house gets pillaged and burned down, your man folk get slaughtered, your women folk get raped (even the little ones) and slaughted too and when you return you find evidence who might have done this, starting the new questline "Destroyed home". (God!!, I read to many Ice and Fire books! )

• 952 posts
    August 29, 2012 4:14 AM EDT
    I won't buy it. I have mods that do almost exactly the same thing.

But still I need a big open, flat space somewhere. Preferably with only a few entrances to it. I was thinking of using the space of that Orc tribe uses, the one with the dwemer tower. I can place my fortress there. See, I use tundra defense and it's a mod that can be used to build a entire fortress and town. You can put guards and buildings and stuff. And you can call raids on you settlement where you have to protect it. It's a lot of fun.
    • 952 posts
    August 29, 2012 4:17 AM EDT
    You've been watching too much Gladiator. But it's true that the ones outside the walls where the first ones to become victims during a bandit raid or war. Looting bandits and soldiers didn't care much for the people they where to conquer.
  • August 29, 2012 4:45 AM EDT

Once again, a swamp. But mainly because we Argonians are perfectly suited to treacherous swamps of Black Marsh, and the very helpful fact that the swamps are very easy to defend if fighting in guerrilla warfare. Oh, and the local delicacies such as those massive swamp lehvitans are absolutely delicious, and we get the very nice hist sap, a delicacy that no other race in Tamriel can drink without experiencing violent hallucinations. It's a shame that in the cold, bleak land of Skyrim, one is forced to supplement one's diet with Dunmer flesh due to a lack of swamp lehvitans. Sure, it's nice, but it never truly has the feel of a proper Argonian meal.  

• 557 posts
    August 29, 2012 6:38 AM EDT
    I'm planning on going near the Abandoned Shack, as the swamp is nice there.
  • August 29, 2012 7:04 AM EDT

I'd go for the forests ouside riften. Not too cold, lots of trees ( woodelf char )

After joining the thieves guild that where I used to kip, since everyone in the inn hated me and they...lived in a fikkin sewer!! seriously, can you imagine the stench down there?? My bed was next to an open pipe, spilling water from Y'ffre knows where....in a big fat room called 'The Cistern' ! Seriously guys, I know you need a hide out and I dont mean to be prude, but eww. Just frikkin eww.

So yeah....Riften for me. Treeeeeeeeeees

• 32 posts
    August 29, 2012 8:21 AM EDT

According to UESP, there's only three plots of land: in Hjaalmarch, Falkreath and the Pale. Was hoping for more diversity but as long as the homes are really customizable it seems okay.

• 63 posts
    August 29, 2012 10:01 AM EDT
    Black reach. I want giants and dwemer artifacts to guard it.
    • 856 posts
    August 29, 2012 12:14 PM EDT

Good catch on the Hearthfire UESP, Conar.  So, assuming the UESP is correct, we have three choices for land. The UESP has a topographical informantion for each of the holds that may help with our decisions.  Hjaalmarch may be the hold of choice for people wanting a 'swamp' environment.  Fallreath Hold is a forested region, with a lake all surronded by mountains.   The Pale is a cold harsh environment .  As for me, it'll be based on whichever character at the moment.  Some, if allowed, may acquire all three plots.

• 377 posts
    August 29, 2012 12:39 PM EDT

For me it's a "Yo ho and bottle of rum!"

• 377 posts
    August 29, 2012 12:43 PM EDT

That's it!!!? Good god this only gets worst!!!

• 32 posts
    August 29, 2012 1:03 PM EDT

Hopefully, it's because there are only three in the video but maybe there'll be more when it actually comes out.

• 32 posts
    August 29, 2012 1:05 PM EDT

Yeah. I hope you can buy all three in one playthrough. Especially since at least some of them are likely to be buggy.

• 12 posts
    August 30, 2012 1:37 AM EDT

Jeez, I can tell my eyes and brain are getting tired when I read the thread title as "THIS IS A LAND MINE". :P

• 38 posts
    September 10, 2012 3:24 AM EDT

maybe you can build your own wall, and even better though slightly unrealistic, start a small settlement with shops and taxpayers. I doubt it, but sounds like a good mod idea. 

• 38 posts
    September 10, 2012 3:39 AM EDT

if it comes out on PC, this can likely be fixed with mods, I might be able to, but I doubt I'll need to

• 38 posts
    September 10, 2012 3:55 AM EDT

In all Skyrim, I'd choose one of either the shores of Lake Yorgrim, on the mountain near bleak falls barrow overlooking the plains, or that nice patch of land near Riften where the Black-Briar Lodge is.

I was thinking of making a mod to re-furnish that lodge to use as a player house, then claim it after killing the guards. I might even be able make my own guards to be hired, and have Black-Briar mercenaries attack.  

• 6 posts
    September 10, 2012 6:58 AM EDT

I haven't decided what house I want for my main char but for my secondary char I want a beat up looking derelict house with an underground back exit. It would have a big torture room and a mess house where I will plant corpses in so it looks like we are having an undead dinner party! I want a pit or a dungeon to dump all the carcases for those whom are stupid enough to 'follow' me! My char's cheese has fallen of her cracker...and I like the places we go to when we are together!