Forums » General Gaming

If you could have ANYTHING gaming wise - what would it be?

• 238 posts
    August 12, 2012 8:59 PM EDT

Would you have invincibility online in cod for ultimate ownage. 

Modern Warfare 3 Meme on Snipers

Would you like to own every game in the world in your own personal gaming library.

what would it be ??? 

For me , i would have one of two..........an extreme one. and a not so extreme one.

The extreme one would be the ability to have my own game created to perfect modern standard. 

Id have something in the mix of dawn of the dead the movie and I Am Legend the movie and the Walking Dead tv series. an open world of survival in an apocalyptic world. try find shelter and fortify your own place....will it be a prison the mall. scavenge each day, form a group who you can interact with and have their own psychological state, so could become a great ally or a risk to the group due to fear or madness, you have ways of managing this. creating your own weapon builds like TC's ghost recon future soldier etc etc. 

or the easiest one, i wish for nearly each time i use my xbox...........to make skyrim new to me and feel the way it did in those first few hours to 100hrs. sigh :( 

• 577 posts
    August 12, 2012 9:42 PM EDT

This should be in Gaming Discussions. I'll attempt to move

• 966 posts
    August 13, 2012 4:52 AM EDT

I want a gaming pc wich can play all games that ever existed or will exist at highest possible graphics, its own operating system would be perfect and is compatible with every game, it would also have infinite memory and such. Not to mention that the system could hack everything without a trace. And making my own game within a hour. Muhahahahh

• 952 posts
    August 13, 2012 5:19 AM EDT
    Well, I would want a PC that automatically updates to the best hardware at that moment, it should just teleport those parts to their place and dump the old ones. It would have a huge screen and some nice speakers, and it schould have a cookie dispenser. Oh, and some software that warns me of campers,cheaters and hackers in COD would be welcome.
    • 966 posts
    August 13, 2012 5:21 AM EDT

And shut down their internet afterwards.

• 377 posts
    August 13, 2012 5:25 AM EDT

@ Ryan R- I have a very similar game idea like the one you had, but just a slightly tad different. Instead of everyone around being dead, it would be as if nuclear bombs went off in all the major cities, like say earlier today (much like the tv show Jericho). There would be much devastation in all the cities the bombs went off in, much like the scenery in 'I am legend'. And the gameplay would be the same or very close to the gameplay of current day Fallout games. So in a sense a 'present-day apocalyptic world' RPG. I would LOVE to see a game like that.

Another, wish - Skyrim with no bugs.

• 577 posts
    August 13, 2012 5:32 AM EDT

I like your last statement about the way you feel those first 100hrs of Skyrim.....It came back with DG, but only lasted 25hrs. Back to where I was before now....

btw, that's a sick collection. Almost too much! A bit overwhelming...lol

• 238 posts
    August 13, 2012 7:59 AM EDT

why doesnt this game exist! haha, jus even the simple things like, having to survive in the city/get back to your shelter.....you have a melee weapon barely any bullets and its pitch black and you have a crappy flash light - reminds me of the game doom. 
    a modernised fallout game would be close to it. and the last of us looks close to it aswell......

• 82 posts
    August 13, 2012 8:39 AM EDT

Ummm so the game you want is basically the Day Z mod.  Also Day Z is so popular that it is being made into its own game. 

http://dayzmod.com/

• 238 posts
    August 13, 2012 9:34 AM EDT

kinda on the right path here but nowhere near what id have......think resident evil apocalypse where they are safe in the prison, or dawn of the dead on top of the mall. think i am legend when its safer during the day and he scavenges for supplies and safe traps his shelter........

• 238 posts
    August 13, 2012 9:35 AM EDT

also what is this day z thing is it a pc game? if so my laptop couldnt support it no doubt lol

• 856 posts
    August 13, 2012 9:42 AM EDT

Anything gaming wise, extreme (fantasy):  the abilty to detect and destroy pirated software,trolls, and  (Dieter's list above).

Less extreme (possible, but $$):  A small gaming darkroom/theatre, all walls are screens/monitors, with best sound system, up-to-date everything.   And a Tech to keep it running.

• 82 posts
    August 13, 2012 11:53 AM EDT

It started as a mod for a PC game called Arma II.  It has gotten really popular to the point that there are over 1 million people playing it.  It doesn't have quests or leveling or any of the traditional stuff that shooters have these days.  You are dropped off an a large land mass with zombies.  You have no weapons and very little supplies.  The whole point is to survive.  Find weapons find supplies etc.  However, other players can either be friendly or hostile at the drop of a hat.  So there has been a lot of player-created stories. 

• 82 posts
    August 13, 2012 11:54 AM EDT

Also they are making a new standalone game which may come to consoles.

• 34 posts
    August 13, 2012 1:50 PM EDT

I have lots but my here are my 2 that I want to see in the future and 1 that could never happen, the list goes from 1 as the craziest to 3 as the most sane.

1. Being able to slow down time when playing video games so I can assess a situation in a large amount of time while the other player has a split second and usually acts on impulsive sub concision. If you have played CoD 4 with the slow time perk, or max payne with the bullet time, you can see what I am talking about.

2. Being able to be jacked into a game like the matrix or like a holo-band from the battle star galactica series, or a scientifically controlled dream. I can see something like that being used from military simulators, to a VR skyrim.

3. being able too render a vast amount of content on a screen at a single time. I always wanted to have a well done Tolken style 10,000 v.s. 10,000 battle. the closest I can get that my graphics card can handle is about a 750 v.s 750 max battle running at 10 -20fps with Mount and Blade: Napoleonic Wars.

• 82 posts
    August 13, 2012 1:56 PM EDT

That sounds exactly like.  Shelter can both be a blessing and a curse.  Also night is way more dangerous then day.  Both because of human players and zombies. 

• 238 posts
    August 13, 2012 2:14 PM EDT

yea man watched a series of it on youtube.....not exactly my wish BUT I REALLY WANT TO PLAY THIS :( 

i know rightly my laptop wouldnt support it or something tho