Forums » Elder Scrolls

Does anyone else have a ridiculous amount of dragon souls?

• 12 posts
    December 4, 2011 7:15 PM EST
    I have been dragon hunting recently and have gathered a ridiculous amount of souls, at this point I am just agrivated when I see a dragon don't get me wrong the battle is always fun but I would like to obtain a better reward than some gold and a weapon/ piece of armor that I will never use. So today I had a grand idea and I wish it would've been incorporated into the game. So the way I would solve this mass of dragon souls is to allow them to be spent not to some one else or to gain currency but spent on the shouts that you have already unlocked, many to make them more powerful which is already applicable by gaining all three shouts or what I was thinking us you could use them to decrease the time between shouts.
    So what I am wondering is do you have too many souls, do you wish you could do something with that excess and what would you like to be able to use the excess on?
    • 708 posts
    December 4, 2011 8:42 PM EST

One of my characters has about 6 with no shouts to spend it on since she doesn't go dungeon delving much. I reckon something that would be good is just a 'full restore' sort of thing - full refill of health, magicka and stamina and reduce any outstanding cooldown on shouts by about 120 seconds - enough to cool the more basic shouts like Unrelenting Force, Fire Breath and Elemental Fury but not too much as to cool advanced shouts like Ice Form, Call Dragon and Storm Call.

• 577 posts
    December 4, 2011 10:15 PM EST

Ha! yeah, I actually got 10 right now. In the beginning I had more unlocked words without souls. Now it's quite the opposite. I find that I'll unlock a shout that doesn't even agree with me. I just do it cause I have a plethra of souls. That's alright. It's a good thing. I just need to find more walls.

I looked yesturday just to see how many I had. I was thinking maybe 4-5 and it was 10!! Dragons always seem to come up when I'm in a groove, then I'll fast travel somewhere and bam, a dragon's in the sky. Can be a little pest sometimes. 

• 10 posts
    December 5, 2011 5:00 AM EST

...I have 22 dragon souls, with no shouts currently available to spend them on. I also have 90-something Dragon bones and scales.

• 8 posts
    December 5, 2011 11:15 AM EST
    I thank they should have done something like in oblivion with the sigil stones. where you could enchant weapons and armor but more bad ass than what you could get with a stander soul trap.
    • 4 posts
    December 5, 2011 11:20 AM EST

I currently have 18 souls and am currently looking for certain shouts to spend them on like fire/ice breath and ice form. Sooo ya.