Forums » Elder Scrolls

What Is Your Favorite Shout in Skyrim?

• August 7, 2012 3:47 PM EDT

Hey guys, here's another discussion to see everyone's thoughts and opinions on their favorite shout in Skyrim. Out of all the different possibilities to choose from, I'd like to see the diversity in people's minds.

Animal Alliegence, Aura Whisper, Become Ethereal, Call Dragon, Call of Valor, Clear Skies, Disarm, Dismay, Dragonrend, Elemental Fury, Fire Breath, Frost Breath, Ice Form, Kyne's Peace, Marked For Death, Slow Time, Storm Call, Throw Voice, Unrelenting Force, and Whirlwind Sprint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtlGJTePcSM&feature=related<------ Watch this!!

• 856 posts
    August 7, 2012 3:50 PM EDT

I wonder if Paul will turn this into a poll.

Of course it depends on my character, but setting that aside, I would have to choose "Slow Time".  It has both offensive and defensive uses. 

• August 7, 2012 3:54 PM EDT

Yea thats one of my favorites too, using slow time and then going behind him and slashing away

• August 7, 2012 3:55 PM EDT

I'm really liking Soul Tear, it does a lot of damage, and at full strength it will trap a soul and raise them as a zombie( even mammoths and giants). But I still say Unrelenting Force is the best shout, it's so well rounded, it's an oh shit button, it can be offensives and defensive, it can be used by pretty much any class.

• August 7, 2012 4:09 PM EDT

Soul Tear?

• 557 posts
    August 7, 2012 4:23 PM EDT

I like Disarm. It comes in handy against a large group of people with warhammers. 

• 856 posts
    August 7, 2012 9:28 PM EDT

** Minor Spoiler **

A new shout in Dawnguard.

• August 7, 2012 9:41 PM EDT

Whenever I'm about to stop playing Skyrim, I go to Dragonsreach and start attacking everyone. And I stack all of the guards on the stairs and either Fus Ro Dah them or Disarm, very usefull.

• 557 posts
    August 7, 2012 9:44 PM EDT

I get all of the Whiterun guards to follow me outside, then use Call Dragon 

• August 7, 2012 9:49 PM EDT

Lol

• August 9, 2012 6:26 AM EDT

I'm using Aura Whisper all the time...

• September 5, 2013 5:39 AM EDT

Aura Whisper if I'm a ranger/assassin, Slow Time for pretty much everything else.

• 152 posts
    September 5, 2013 2:55 PM EDT

I say Marked For Death. Makes every enemy in the game easier to kill

• 661 posts
    September 5, 2013 2:57 PM EDT

Elemental Fury when Quick Reflexes glitches, and Soul Tear when I got unlimited Thu'ums.

Cyclone, only one word for a destructive attack.

• 249 posts
    September 5, 2013 7:48 PM EDT
    I liked shouts at first but I've left them out of all my builds as of late. If I had to pick a favorite..either Become Ethereal or Soul Tear. Probably Soul Tear.
    • 89 posts
    September 5, 2013 8:28 PM EDT

Storm Call. It really makes me feel truly powerful.

• 27 posts
    September 6, 2013 2:54 AM EDT

Slow time is alot of fun for me, but I use marked death(?) alot.

• 70 posts
    September 6, 2013 5:06 AM EDT

Aura Whisper, Throw Voice, Whirlwind Sprint and Slow Time are all awesome in their own ways and can be the difference between life and death for my sneaky character. Out of the 4 I would have to say Whirlwind Sprint, it is useful for every type of character and can b used both offensively and defensively, with a short cooldown.

• 108 posts
    September 6, 2013 5:19 AM EDT

Slow time followed by become etheral. Jumping down a cliff and live to tell about it is so much fun.

• 17 posts
    September 8, 2013 11:18 AM EDT

I love Cyclone, a really devastating shout. Big fun to hurl giants through the air :P

• 409 posts
    September 8, 2013 12:11 PM EDT
    Unrelenting force with dragonborn force and force without effort is my favorite.
    • 33 posts
    September 8, 2013 3:27 PM EDT

Kyne's Peace because bears are biatches at early levels.