Forums » The Lounge

Holiday

• 140 posts
    August 23, 2012 10:02 PM EDT

I did have the good fortune of seeing the Pont du Gard the only time I was able to visit France...I was wondering how much Roman architecture remained further west of Provence.  Just adding a photo of my own...I could talk about France for days!  

• 162 posts
    August 24, 2012 3:03 AM EDT

Lavender fields, how beautiful. I remember those when we were at a campingsite on the bank of the Lac de Sainte-Croix near the gorgeous Gorges du Verdon several years ago.

Entrance of the Gorges.

We've our holidays in France always. Have been all around southern France and still have places to visit left. Really a great place to spend some free time.

• 668 posts
    August 27, 2012 10:50 PM EDT

It all sounds so fun. I LOVE cave exploring. Something about the deep dark is so appealing. I can't imagine boating through one. Next time you go, you need to smuggle me in your suitcase or boot (isn't that European for trunk).

• 140 posts
    September 1, 2012 9:42 PM EDT

That looks amazing, Asverze, so calm and beautiful.  I think we were in the south of France for about a week, with a few days at the beginning in Paris, and I agree, waaay too much to see.  You are very fortunate to be so close in travel distance to France.  We did not even have time to make it to the Mediterranean, which was disappointing.  Have you gone that far?