Forums » The Lounge

Holiday

• 162 posts
    August 7, 2012 4:29 AM EDT

Aujourd'hui je jouer de soleil en France après notre tente avec du pain du vin et du boursin.

For everyone who don't know what I'm talking about above. I'm on holiday in France with my family. The weather is great and the surrounding beautifull, only the internet connection is very bad just like the battery of my laptop, but that a small price to pay.

See you soon more frequently when I'm home again. 

• 952 posts
    August 7, 2012 6:31 AM EDT
    Okay, don't forget to laugh at their ugly villages for me.
    • 856 posts
    August 7, 2012 9:12 AM EDT

Amusez au soleil

• 63 posts
    August 7, 2012 11:28 PM EDT

fun fun! you in the countryside?

• 44 posts
    August 8, 2012 11:47 AM EDT
    A teut a l'heure! (Sp? Been a while since French classes) :]
    • 162 posts
    August 14, 2012 12:35 PM EDT

Ugly villages? I don't know what part you've been to, but they've only picturesque ones over here. And nice streams and rivers to swim and canoe in, and lovely castles, ruins, etc. to visit. Did I mention their delicious food and lovely wines? Then I did now.  

• 162 posts
    August 14, 2012 12:36 PM EDT

Merci bien. We've got plenty of it here right now .

• 162 posts
    August 14, 2012 12:39 PM EDT

We've camping in Le Perigord near Castelnaud at La Dordogne river. A great environment to have your Holiday in.

• 162 posts
    August 14, 2012 12:44 PM EDT

Mine is quite rusty too btw. "après notre tente" isn't right, but "a devant notre tente" is better maybe but isn't right also imo. Fortunaly it's good enough to stay alive, get what we want and don't pay too much (yes I'm Dutch .)

• 952 posts
    August 14, 2012 1:31 PM EDT

You know, the peasant villages in the south, with the half-rotten houses that have been there without exterior maintanace for like a 100 years, in the villages where you see like 1 car per hour you spend there and there's nothing but a church and some empty bussineses.

• 952 posts
    August 14, 2012 1:32 PM EDT

You must be form the South then, most people from the southern part of Holland like to go camping, especially in France.

• 668 posts
    August 16, 2012 9:44 PM EDT

God that sounds AMAZING! I want to come too. Alas, I know no Onion Knight to sail me across the sea. I expect a bunch of pictures to be posted that make me green with jealousy.

There is a kiss for both cheeks, in the style of France.

• 162 posts
    August 20, 2012 3:11 AM EDT

I'm back home!  

and because of a special request, here're some holiday pic's

And Dieter..., villages with "half-rotten" houses are picturesque.

Also, actually I'm living in the crowded west of The Netherlands so I wouldn't mind when I see just 1 car per hour. (unfortunally the French have a lot of cars too, which they tend to place everywhere.)

• 952 posts
    August 20, 2012 3:45 AM EDT
    Yeah, that's one of em few fancy villages, most villages are just some rotten peasant houses here and there though.
    • 162 posts
    August 21, 2012 8:02 AM EDT

A French kiss isn't given on cheeks, you know.

French Kiss.

Dutch Kiss.

And the Belgium one? That's a kiss like the French one, but with a lot of phlegm.

• 297 posts
    August 21, 2012 8:04 AM EDT

that in itself is picturesque dieter

• 952 posts
    August 21, 2012 8:41 AM EDT

Yeah right, what Fallout 5 would look like you mean.

• 952 posts
    August 21, 2012 8:43 AM EDT

Maybe she means French style as in "they give 2 kisses on the cheeck" while we give 3 kisses cheek. But anyway, HEY, what's that about phlegm right there?

• 140 posts
    August 21, 2012 8:30 PM EDT

Beautiful region!  Welcome back, Asverze!  Did you see many Roman ruins or visit the caves of Lascaux?  It is a lovely place to visit, and frankly, any sort of vacation is welcome in my book!  

• August 21, 2012 8:44 PM EDT

Meh :P I'm not too cultural :P But those are some nice views :)

• 668 posts
    August 21, 2012 10:04 PM EDT

Hmmm, the American kiss seems much the same.

• 668 posts
    August 21, 2012 10:07 PM EDT

Oooooooooooh, so pretty. That looks incredible, Asverze. I LOVE that village. CASTLES!!!! I am SO jealous. It looks like an incredible adventure. How did you ever go back home?

• 162 posts
    August 22, 2012 3:04 AM EDT

By car.   Actually, after 3 weeks, time was up and duty was calling.Also my oldest son was missing his mum (joking).

This part of France is littered with castles, ruins and this kind of villages, beside shallow slowly flowing streams and rivers. Several visitable caves can also be found there, one even have an underground boat trip in it. It was our 4th time in this area though. We'll go overthere a 5th time one day for sure.

• 162 posts
    August 22, 2012 3:26 AM EDT

I havent seen Roman ruins overthere, The ancient buildings and ruins are mostly medieval and beyond. Did see them in the south east part of France (Provence, Langedoc-Roussillon, etc.) though. The famous "Pont du Gard" is marvelous for instance.

I haven't visited the Lascaux caves yet, still on the wish-list.

• 144 posts
    August 22, 2012 6:51 AM EDT

And then the Austrailian kiss is like the french kiss, only down unda.