Forums » General Gaming

Which one? (Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas)

• 952 posts
    August 5, 2012 11:17 AM EDT

Lol, when I played it they died pretty soon and I was left with all the work, atleast ** Spoilers ** Liberty Prime couldn't be destroyed, or atleast, not until it got hit by an orbital missile strike.

• 856 posts
    August 5, 2012 11:20 AM EDT

Watch the spoilers guys, remember the OP hasn't played these games yet.

• 952 posts
    August 5, 2012 11:23 AM EDT

Sorry, we got a bit carried away.

• 856 posts
    August 5, 2012 11:30 AM EDT

No problem, just remember to at least put in some type of warning (as the one's I've added) in case he doesn't want to read that type of thing.

I enjoyed both of these games, and I'm glad to see your passion.  Funnily, I'm actually in the middle of a FO:3 playthrough right now.  I think Spectre is going to have a tough decision, at least he'll have a lot of info to base it on; but I think he will not be disappointed with either game.

• 952 posts
    August 5, 2012 11:32 AM EDT

True, I've played both of them equally much and they where both very much fun.

• 377 posts
    August 5, 2012 11:39 AM EDT

FO3 ending was NOT the worst ending ever. Hell, I don't even think it was a bad ending. Mass Effect 3 - now there's the worst ending ever.

• 377 posts
    August 5, 2012 11:49 AM EDT

I get a cowboy repeater and then go Hidden Valley way. Then search for an anti-material rifles to deal with those damn deathclaws. Gotta love the Gun Runners.

• 856 posts
    August 5, 2012 11:57 AM EDT

We are all talking about the original (vanilla) ending, right.

• 377 posts
    August 5, 2012 11:57 AM EDT

Not the ending, but just about everything else there was. I love the game, but it's glitchy as hell.

• 577 posts
    August 5, 2012 11:58 AM EDT

Love reading the arguments over the two Fallouts. Both have great points. It IS a tough decision, but I would side with F3. Probably more for nostalgic reasons.....

One thing I did notice when I went back to playing some of the Fallouts after hundreds of hrs on Skyrim, is how much of a set back the graphics, gameplay, flow was different. Which was fine, but you really have to "bring it back" a notch, so to speak. That's what Skyrim has done to me to alot of games! lol....

F4 with Skyrims' engine on this gen console FTW. I wouldn't have a problem with that, squeeze in F4 before the new consoles, but I highly doubt it.

• 856 posts
    August 5, 2012 12:00 PM EDT

I'm betting (a horn of mead) on an FO:4 announcement before year's end.

• 63 posts
    August 7, 2012 11:37 PM EDT

I've played Fallout 3 and just bought Fallout NV (steam sale for under $10)

I really enjoyed Fallout 3 but all the reviews I've seen say that Fallout NV is MUCH better. The reason? Better quest stories. I can also tell you that NV has many more Mods than Fallout 3 on the Nexus.

Not really a great answer. Just my two cents.

• 952 posts
    August 8, 2012 4:37 AM EDT
    Well, it may have more mods but they certainly aren't better. Many of the fallout New Vegas mods are totally rediculous or additions to larger mod projects, so if you would count out those they would be about equal.
    • 34 posts
    August 8, 2012 5:20 AM EDT

I thought Fallout 3 had the best story, but New Vegas had better gameplay. I would personally go with Fallout 3 myself though.

• 577 posts
    August 8, 2012 10:14 AM EDT

Wow! Check out some of these modded screen shots of Fallout 3....

• 952 posts
    August 8, 2012 11:46 AM EDT

The texture from NMC I already used and posted in the Fallout 3 mods suggestion thread but still this link you gave me showed me another texture pack I didn't know of that I can combine with what I currently have.

• 377 posts
    August 8, 2012 1:25 PM EDT

I wonder if the guy that took the screenshots is only using the NMC texture packs and no additional improvement mods (lighting and whatnot ie.Fellout)

• 952 posts
    August 8, 2012 1:41 PM EDT

He uses an ENB and another texture pack than NMC he said.