Forums » The Lounge

Where are you?

• 773 posts
    October 30, 2011 4:54 AM EDT

I thought Sundays would be as a good a day as any to have a 'getting to know you' type topic. It will make a nice change of gear from the usual Skyrim and Elder Scrolls discussion topics on the other six days.

So let's get started

Where are you? Which country or region are you from? Tell us something interesting about where you come from?

• 1 posts
    October 30, 2011 12:36 PM EDT

At what age are y'all taught English? I've noticed that, in general, the folks from Scandinavia on here have wonderful English-speaking skills. 

• Mib
    • 1 posts
    October 30, 2011 12:40 PM EDT

Murphy, North Carolina  

• 2 posts
    October 30, 2011 12:43 PM EDT
    Northern Minnesota, america. I'm in 12th grade and winter lasts from November To april or may here.
    • 2 posts

Im in my own little world lol

• 1 posts

Arkansas,USA. I collect swords and I happen to have nearly 400 of them several of which are weapons from Oblivion that I forged myself(Deadric swords are bar-none the biggest pain in the ass ever.) 

• 5 posts

Pasco, Washington State, USA. One of the oldest intact human remains were found by my cousin just a mile away from where I'm sitting. 

"Kennewick Man is the name for the skeletal remains of a prehistoric man found on a bank of the Columbia  River in Kennewick,Washington, USA, on July 28, 1996. The discovery of Kennewick Man was accidental; a pair of spectators (Will Thomas and David Deacy) found his skull while attending the annual hydroplane races."

"One of the most complete ancient skeletons ever found, bone tests have shown the skeleton to be somewhere between 5650 and 9510 years old. These findings triggered a nine-year legal clash between scientists, the federal government and Native American tribes who claim Kennewick Man as their ancestor. The long dispute has made him an international celebrity."

"At the University of California at Riverside, a small bone fragment was subjected to radiocarbon dating. This fixed the age of the skeleton at approximately 9,300 years old."

Pretty cool, huh?

• 2 posts
    October 30, 2011 12:46 PM EDT

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 

• 966 posts
    October 30, 2011 12:48 PM EDT

I dont know about the others, but here in the Netherlands we are taught English at the age of 8 or so. I suppose its the same in Scandinavia

• 77 posts
    October 30, 2011 12:52 PM EDT

but of course Paul, it's skyrim! I have to love this game. It's the ideal setting for me.

• 3 posts
    October 30, 2011 12:53 PM EDT

I am in my dorm room in Charleston, SC. The college I go to has a class called Gaming 101.  Our homework for the week was to play Oblivion! 

• 2 posts
    October 30, 2011 12:55 PM EDT
    I live in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. It's about an hour drive from Toronto, just for a reference in location. No snow yet. It's getting cold though.
    • 1 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:02 PM EDT

United states, Washington state! great state to live in. :3

• 2 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:03 PM EDT

Detroit, Michigan

• 6 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:05 PM EDT

Eastern North Carolina, Mid-East Coast United States....

Lived here my whole life...North Carolina is known for it's production of tobacco and auto racing.  Yay for cancer and driving in circles!!

• 1 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:08 PM EDT

The scenery is why I stay.

• 3 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:18 PM EDT

I live in South Carolina which is even more well known for it's racism, love of cancer inducing nicotine, nascar, and all things deep fried. It sucks more than NC!

• 5 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:19 PM EDT

No where special. Florida U.S

• 1 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:21 PM EDT
    Miami, Florida. It's hot in the spring, blazing in the summer, hot in the fall, and warm in the winter. Then again, those seasons don't apply down here, just "rainy" and "dry." 
    • 1 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:22 PM EDT

Haha, um brasileiro! Finalmente! 

• 12 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:26 PM EDT
    Coloradooo! In the US of A
    • 1 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:36 PM EDT

London, Ontario, Canada.
    The other great white north.

• 16 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:43 PM EDT

Vegas

• 16 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:44 PM EDT

DOLPHINS!!!

• 3 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:49 PM EDT

I recently moved to Fargo, North Dakota in the US. Their accent is cute and I try not to laugh when some of the more rooted ones talk . Old Man Winter is about to pay us a visit and I think it will fit perfectly with the Skyrim setting since the snow was as high as houses last year. Wish me luck!