Forums » The Lounge

Where are you?

• 2 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:49 PM EDT

A rural part of Mississippi. Deep south of the United States. Part of my family was exiled from Ireland by Oliver Cromwell as rebellious subjects in or around 1650. A few generations earlier, before the family name moved to Ireland and had the English poisoned out, was Sir Francis Bryan, cup bearer to Henry the VIII, big whoop but his nickname is noteworthy:  "The One-Eyed Vicar from Hell". Thought that might be interesting to some folks.

11 days, 11 hours, 11 minutes until Skyrim as I post this here in US Central Time Zone.

• 4 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:50 PM EDT

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

• 2 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:51 PM EDT

We do indeed make fabulous sauce :D Perfect for cheese on toast and all sorts of other things.

As for the dragon hunting, I think I might stick to Skyrim. I get enough weird looks as it is without traipsing around looking like a Dovakiin (which, let's face it, would be totally necessary ;))

• October 30, 2011 1:55 PM EDT

I moved to malmö recently, and I really like it. Right know I'm hoping that wintertime will be a bit warmer then in Västerås!

• 952 posts
    October 30, 2011 1:59 PM EDT
    Europe, Belgium, Ravels near Antwerps, and last but not least, in Mehrunes Dagon's realm becouse we still don't have a government even thoug we broke the world record in not having a government :C
  • October 30, 2011 2:00 PM EDT
    Voi perkele! we finns are true nords , we drink koskenkorva and chill with dragons and penguins :D
    • 3 posts
    October 30, 2011 2:15 PM EDT
    I am from a small town in west Texas. And for those of you who are wondering no we do not ride horses to school and yes I've been asked that before. Not everyone has an accent and we all speak normal English. We do say y'all but not like the goofballs in movies. Not everyone knows everybody else, and we do not have annual hoedowns or whatever and we dont have town themed holidays. Not everyone owns animals, and we do wear boots but not every single day. No one wears overalls and pretty much everyone still has all their teeth lol. We're just normal people! No one seems to get that... I personally have no accent at all and hope to move to Scotland one day :p one thing interesting about my town is that we are one of the highest ranked towns in Texas in education and very proud of it. We also get a lot of exchange students, mostly from Denmark...
    • 1 posts
    October 30, 2011 2:21 PM EDT

Sweden, Europe

• October 30, 2011 2:23 PM EDT

yeah, we start at the age of seven in Sweden. Also most media is in English, so you can't really pass a single day without hearing/speaking English at least once. 

• October 30, 2011 2:30 PM EDT

I recently moved to Malmö in Sweden, but I grew up in a small town close to Stockholm, called Västerås. We had viking tombs almost on our backyard, and rune stones round every corner. Västerås is, shamefully enough, the fifth biggest city in Sweden. It is also one of the oldest cities in Sweden, dating back to around year 900 or so!

• 2 posts
    October 30, 2011 2:37 PM EDT

Houston, Texas. Wow I didn't know that we were such an international group

• October 30, 2011 2:40 PM EDT

Clarkston, Michigan the weather here is extremely unpredictable. As we people in Michigan say "70 and sunny today 3 feet of snow tomorrow welcome to Michigan"

• 2 posts
    October 30, 2011 2:41 PM EDT

it's nice to see another Texan on the site. And I agree with all of your remarks on Texans.

• October 30, 2011 2:42 PM EDT

Hey guys! I'm in San Francisco California but soon enough I might as well say that I'm from Skyrim...Ill pretty much be living there haha

• 1 posts
    October 30, 2011 2:42 PM EDT

Israel, and I'm not going to be dragged to any argument about You Know What :)

• October 30, 2011 2:55 PM EDT

I'm from NZ where we just won the rugby world cup haha 

• 25 posts
    October 30, 2011 2:56 PM EDT

I'm from Michigan :D United States brah ahaha ^.^ and over here theres really nothing unique about us just an average village xDDD  a lot of farming though

• 1 posts
    October 30, 2011 2:57 PM EDT

Edmond, Oklahoma - USA.

Voted one of the United States most livable cities.  It helps that there is rarely any traffic.

• October 30, 2011 2:58 PM EDT

I live in New England, USA. The weather is usually pretty miserable,  its either wet or cold or really hot. There is already snow on the ground, which is strange for around here

• 1 posts
    October 30, 2011 3:03 PM EDT

I'm from Norway, starting to get really cold here now. I'm gonna play Skyrim with my windows open just to get in the right mood :D

• 2 posts
    October 30, 2011 3:18 PM EDT

nevada, usa. desert over here, desert right there, theres a tree over there and some venemous type of critter here...desert desert desert...khajiit territory!!!!

• 4 posts
    October 30, 2011 3:25 PM EDT

When I hear 'from', I think where I was born. So I'll just list all the places I've lived.

Born in: Oregon. It's bloody cold there, and it rains too much. But I loved it. The mountains are beautiful, and it's the most beautiful place I've ever been to in the fall. I would love to live there again.

Moved to Texas, lived there for a few years. Just so everyone knows, not everyone there is a country hillbilly. Other than that, it's hot. Damn hot.

Living in Lousiana right now. It's pretty nice. It rains a lot here too, but it often has a nice balance of hot and cool weather. Only downside to living here is the humidity that occurs a lot during the Summer. Also, not everyone here wrassles gators. ;)

That's about it. I've been on a lot of plane trips, and I used to go on them with just me and my sister. Those were fun. She was about 14-16, and I was 8 or 9. In fact, those were some of the best times of my life. I wish I was that young again. *Deep sigh.*

• 2 posts
    October 30, 2011 3:30 PM EDT

Well...I'm from a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio (US).  I've lived here my whole life (almost 23 years) and I really don't plan on leaving the area.  As far as something interesting around here, I'm not really sure.  Not much really goes on around here.

• 13 posts
    October 30, 2011 3:38 PM EDT

Hey nice, I'm in Portland. Well, Vancouver, WA really but I'm 10 minutes from Portland and either at my house, or in Portland, I have very little relations with Vancouver.

• October 30, 2011 3:40 PM EDT

Your name sounds Scandinavian!