Forums » Elder Scrolls

*Spoilers* Dawnguard a small question?

• 426 posts
    July 30, 2012 7:28 AM EDT

Ive played through both sides of the Dawnguard expansion and enjoyed both thoroughly. But I have one question that I havent been able to figure out myself. When you beat the Dragon in the soul cairn how do you use the shout to summon him back in tamriel. I have tried in multiple scenarios to use it to no avail. Any pointers would be great.

• 15 posts
    July 30, 2012 7:51 AM EDT

I had trouble with this, but if i remember correctly, you need to summon him word by word (and he teaches you soul tear), so you shout the first word alone, then you shout the first two, then the three of them. After you learn soul tear, I think you can regularly summon the dragon to Tamriel, not entirely sure, but give it a shot :P (oh make sure to do this in an open place or he can't be summoned, atleast to learn soul tear)

• 426 posts
    July 30, 2012 8:00 AM EDT

Cheers kyle I have tried to use the first word but nothing has ever happened maybe I wasn't in the right place. Where do you find the other words or does he give them to you once you summon him?? Very confusing. I wanted to use him in another dragon battle but it didnt work.

• 15 posts
    July 30, 2012 8:06 AM EDT

If i recall correctly, each time he is summoned he teaches you another word of the shout, and then he leaves, but you must do it as i said till you learn the three words, then i believe he can be your battling buddy! Yeah it took me a few tries to have him summoned, until i aimed the crosshair to the ground i believe, then he was summoned c: give it a bunch of tries it has to work!

• 426 posts
    July 30, 2012 8:18 AM EDT

Aha I have been pointing it up to the heavens when I tried it maybe thats were Im going wrong. Mucho Appreciato Kyle I will give it try shortly and see how it goes 

• 426 posts
    July 31, 2012 7:33 AM EDT

I have got it sorted now. I hadn't unlocked the whole shout with dragon souls durrrrrrr lol

I didn't have any trouble once I had 

• 577 posts
    July 31, 2012 10:01 AM EDT

Oh Guy, I want to troll all over this reply, but there's new people on here and they wouldn't know our banter.