Forums » Elder Scrolls

Anyone found a Unique Greatsword yet?

• 82 posts
    December 1, 2011 4:50 PM EST

Hello,

I made a 2h Nord Warrior, and I was trying to find out about Greatswords I can look forward to.  I've found many sites that list all the great 2h Warhammers and Axes but nothing really about 2H swords.  They must be out there right?  I know you can craft some great weapons but I wanted to know if anyone found a 2H greatsword artifact yet?  I'm only 24 hours into the game, so maybe I have to just keep looking.  If you have one please post a picture and share where you found it!

• 2 posts
    December 1, 2011 4:59 PM EST

idono.. :(

• 708 posts
    December 1, 2011 5:21 PM EST

Really the only one is the Ebony Blade. It's from Mephala's Daedric quest. Link to quest walkthrough

• 739 posts
    December 1, 2011 9:30 PM EST

As ponty said the ebony blade is the only unique two hander ive noticed so far, HOWEVER, although a two handed sword it takes all its perks from the one handed skill so dont be put out if it feels underpowered, also the life leach is upgradeable by killing people you have previously helped on quests making this sword a moral dilema for those who choose to weild it.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ebony_Blade_(Skyrim)

• 144 posts
    December 1, 2011 9:49 PM EST

yeah... ebony blade is pretty sick.

• 82 posts
    December 2, 2011 9:19 AM EST

Yes I found the ebony blade online.  I will be getting it.  I am kind of surprised there are no others, I may have to invest in the axe part of the skill tree. 

• 739 posts
    December 2, 2011 9:45 AM EST

The strength of the smithing/enchanting skills have made artifact hunting a lot less rewarding in Skyrim. My advice would be to find a greatsword that you love the look of, down a 50% blacksmithing draft bought from alchemists and smith your own artifact! Your going to dilute .your build if you spread your points over to the axe side of the tree, keep working with your greatswords.

• 82 posts
    December 2, 2011 10:00 AM EST

Yea I'll take your advice.  I guess I am so use to Item hunting from my MMO days.  I think I'll have to rely on crafting.  However, if anyone finds a really cool greatsword please post a pic.  Thanks!

• 77 posts
    December 2, 2011 10:22 AM EST

That's the only one?

Damn, I hate katanas...

• 82 posts
    December 2, 2011 10:47 AM EST

Me too.  I was hoping for more options

• 12 posts
    December 2, 2011 2:26 PM EST

Without spoiling anything, 

If you follow any of the major quests you will run into so many Unique two handed items that you won't be able to carry them all.

At this point, I just make my own. 

My fav is a 2 handed ebony warhammer that does 72 damage, gives me 30 health every time it hits, and I have maxed our my two-handed tree to include decapitations.

• December 2, 2011 3:53 PM EST

...sniff...sniff...No

• 77 posts
    December 2, 2011 10:14 PM EST

Volendrung is keeping my sanity for now :) Even if it is a hammer...

• Rob
    • 1 posts
    December 8, 2015 4:42 PM EST
    if u have the draginborn dlc, get Bloodskal blade. it tempers with silver, and is a wind sword...basically its sends out an energy blast for 30 dmg when power attacking. the energy arcs cant be increased without the CK or Console cmds, idk how cuz i have ps3. but i wish there were more cuz greatswords are badass.
    • 557 posts
    December 8, 2015 5:05 PM EST

How did you evem find this? The last activity was in 2011...

• 1467 posts
    December 8, 2015 5:31 PM EST

This is the most powerful form of Necromancy I have ever seen 

• 72 posts
    December 8, 2015 9:40 PM EST

Only scrubs hate katanas.

• 411 posts
    December 9, 2015 12:36 AM EST
    Only Scrubs like katanas.

(Not really)
    • 649 posts
    December 9, 2015 1:17 AM EST

Thread necromancers........

• 288 posts
    December 9, 2015 1:19 AM EST

At least it's a TWO-HANDED thread

• 411 posts
    December 9, 2015 1:30 AM EST
    I play three handed myself
    • 179 posts
    December 9, 2015 12:31 PM EST

THE KING OF WORMS HAS RETURNED.

• 161 posts
    December 9, 2015 6:26 PM EST

Hey. Im  right here. 

• 1 posts
    December 10, 2015 12:56 PM EST

The bloodskall blade? Requires the Dragonborn dlc but it looks sick and has a unique effect upon powerattacking that lets out a ranged beam. They're is also stormfang but its just a steel greatsword with the highest base damage I believe.

Edit: Just saw this post was made four years ago. Imma go dig a hole and throw myself in.

• 96 posts
    December 12, 2015 4:47 AM EST

No worries, I´m on your side^^.