Forums » Elder Scrolls

SPOILER! New master vampire encounters.

• 41 posts
    June 28, 2012 8:52 AM EDT

So by now no doubt you`ll have encountered these new random attacks by master vampires.I think they are an excellant addition to the game + certainly make you think twice before you " fast travel " anywhere.As I`ve noticed that fast travel seems to increase the chance of random encounters.Being a Dawnguard is not an easy life as you potentially risk losing vital NPC`s just by fast travelling to a city!  As I found out yesterday when I went to Whiterun - only to see a master vampire,thralls and fledglings attack all NPC`s in sight xD Killing the female blacksmith in the process,had to reload + try again.

I`ve started to fast travel to stables outside cities - then wait around for 1 or 2  minutes to see if I`m getting an encounter,before entering any city now.But even that is dangerous as I found yesterday while going to Riften stables - first a blood dragon appeared,then a master vampire with his thralls+fledglings! So then the city guards + the Khajiit traders joined in also - what a manic battle encounter that was,the poor Riften stable guy got crushed to death in the melee.

You`re not even safe out in the wilderness,as I ran into a vampire camp  thinking it was only a few bandits xD only to get slaughtered by both vampies + death hounds! Despite these things though - I do love them,as they generate totally random + exciting encounters that you just couldn`t imagine.Has anyone else on xbox experienced any weird or amazing random vampire encounters?? If so let`s hear about them + share your thoughts as to whether you like or dislike them  

• 15 posts
    June 28, 2012 9:03 AM EDT

Spoiler..................You can also run into some random npcs such as farmers that will shift into werewolves.

• 41 posts
    June 28, 2012 9:06 AM EDT

Haven`t discovered that yet,but many thanks for sharing that  I love Dawnguard already.

• 271 posts
    June 28, 2012 1:20 PM EDT
    R.I.P stable guy! ;-) many NPC`s died in Solitude the other day :-P
    • 3 posts
    June 28, 2012 4:36 PM EDT
    That sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait, till I start experiencing more things like that. I don't fast travel, so I was just hunting on my way up to Riften. I killed a couple wolves, so I dismounted to gather thier pelts. When I turned around my horse was gone. Boo! Well maybe something spooked it, though my horse has fought a troll as I ran the other way. So now I have to hoof it. I stop at Shor's Stone to chill at the inn that I didn't know wasn't there. When out of nowhere a master vampire and three death hounds start slaughtering everyone. Being the fine citizen of Skyrim i jump into the fray and try to stop the madness. I severley overestimated my abilities and started wildly hacking at these fiends to keep them at bay. In the turmoil some tool, who was probably scared shitless, runs between me and the vamp. Not around, between! So I whack him on accident. In the middle of the battle, a guard runs up to me and tries to arrest me...AS IM FIGHTING A VAMPIRE! Seriously man, you cant help me kill him first, then we can hash out the misunderstanding between that fellow and my axe? I told him to take me to jail, mostly cause i was about to die. I went back to Shor's Stone when I got out...bodies everywhere, but what i found the most disturbing was people were going about thier business like there was no corpses on the ground. Screw the vampire man that just massacred our townspeople, theres something going on in the mine *steps over a ravaged body*. It's moments like that make the game so amazing :)

I still haven't found a wild werewolf yet, my fingers are crossed though. Can you contract Lycanthropy from fighting them? Cause that would be super!
    • 15 posts
    June 28, 2012 4:41 PM EDT

unfortunately you can only get lycanthropy from the companions.

• 271 posts
    June 29, 2012 1:47 AM EDT
    It would have been almost a little bit cooler if you could become Warewolf because some random warewolf comes out and bites you! Like with vampires...after three days you feel the hunger in you! :-P ;-)
    • 41 posts
    June 29, 2012 7:23 AM EDT

Hi Gustaf   yep god help all Skyrim NPC residents as from now,no one is safe It certainly brings a new exciting edge to the game.

• 41 posts
    June 29, 2012 7:32 AM EDT

Hi Jake   I hear you on that one - I too received a bounty of 1000 gold for killing one of the vampire thralls   even though the Riften guards + Khajiits killed more than I did! I hope you do get more exciting encounters soon - I love them! You just don`t know what`s going to happen next I got a new random vampire encounter last night -  A " TRAVELER "  dressed in hooded black robes appeared inside Whiterun,then suddenly cast aside his robe to reveal himself as a Master vampire! Totally loved the way he revealed himself  

• 28 posts
    June 29, 2012 2:35 PM EDT

Nothing particularly spectacular or amazing in my encounters but oddly enough the Whiterun female blacksmith was also killed in my game by a vampire encounter. I guess she's just destined to die.

• 238 posts
    June 29, 2012 5:52 PM EDT

i was chucked out of the theives guild because i did something wrong!?! WHAT?? Bit annoyed, im guessing its because i chose to be a vampire................."thats it, your out,now leave" was what i was told by Brnyolf...............sorry but i just completely made you guys awesome again..............and now you think you can chuck me out...............lucky your an essential npc lets just say

• 3 posts
    June 30, 2012 4:00 PM EDT

NOOOOOOOOOOO!.....This makes me sad lmao.  You'd think you can catch Sanies Lupinus from a wild werewolf :/  guess I'm just gonna have to join the companions.  At least I can get the Fire Breath shout to combat the blood sucking fiends.  Werewolves FTW!

• 3 posts
    June 30, 2012 4:04 PM EDT

Lol you should go back and get revenge on them by slaughtering everyone in there with the vampire lord thing.

• 271 posts
    June 30, 2012 4:24 PM EDT
    No...Brynjolf is TO powerfull!! ;-P
    • 238 posts
    June 30, 2012 4:58 PM EDT

considering he is effectively immortal in being an essential it would be pointless..........i wonder if i could attack him..........lure him out of riften..........just to use vampire grip to launch him off the throat of the world..........my god the amount of effort would be worth it.

• 41 posts
    July 1, 2012 8:41 AM EDT

Since my " traveler " revealed himself as a master vampire the other day - I haven`t encountered any more vampire attacks as yet   yep I guess she`s destined to be unlucky in everyone`s game  

• 33 posts
    July 9, 2012 8:28 PM EDT

Has anyone else encountered the "Vigilants"? it was my second vampire encounter after they attacked the cty with death hounds and all. There were 3 vigilants and one calls me, "you there, traveler. over here!". and as soon as I get close enough, they attack me! and I notice how it says vampire instead of vigilant so I kill them. after they're dead, I see the dead vigilants' bodies naked and their clothes stolen from them. it was awesome!

• 33 posts
    July 9, 2012 8:33 PM EDT

I think they also added a lot more. I saw two frostbite spiders fighting over a dead corpse wrapped up in cobwebs. and this was out in the open in the north.

• 285 posts
    July 9, 2012 8:48 PM EDT
    Have you guys seen the Hall of the Vigilant since downloading Dawnguard? The place is wrecked with slaughtered Vigilants everywhere!
    • 144 posts
    July 11, 2012 3:50 AM EDT

Haha, yeah I had that encounter. made me really happy.

• 162 posts
    July 11, 2012 5:43 AM EDT

Do those Vampire attacks on cities get triggered by Fast Travel or so? I don't use Fast Travel, I always go by feet or horseback and I haven't seen such encounters yet.

I do get attacked out in the open though, by a strong Vampire assassin or by a group of three Vampires, giving me hard times with my melee char. After a quick switch to sword and Spellbreaker the assassin is doable without receiving too much damage but that group of three tend to encircle you. If they managed that, it turkey shooting for them. Stay on the move between slamming them or try to pick them off with a (cross)bow from behind a tree or rock is working the best for me to avoid a staggering amount of damage. I've to admit that Serena acts as my guardian angel more than ones. 

• 15 posts
    July 11, 2012 8:02 PM EDT

honestly the attacks were getting pretty annoying... i decided to start a new character for dawnguard, i was going to test the werewolf perk tree get to a decent level and then become a vampire lord and see how that played.  Unfortunately master vampire kept attacking cities and killing minor quest givers, it got so bad that i decided to join the dawguard and get some revenge (poor riften, there are two permanent ash piles where the stable kid and that d-bag Aerin got killed and resurrected)... 

and the random encounters are way more intense now, i was traveling through the woods near riften (near the giants grove cave) when i stumbled upon a battle between a novice conjurer, two wolves, a group of bandits, and two vampires... pretty intense battle royal, needless to say i cleaned up the survivors.

• 8 posts
    July 11, 2012 11:16 PM EDT
    That fast travel to white run happens to me too, frantically loading saves to rescue the blacksmith. Did it like five times :]
    • 8 posts
    July 11, 2012 11:21 PM EDT
    Same thing happend to me. U may have killed someone, all I do is talk to them and do a small quest and they let me back in
    • 557 posts
    July 11, 2012 11:33 PM EDT

I actually was walking by the Windhelm Stables when vampires attacked. The stable assistant guy then turned into a werewolf (which I wasn't expecting), and killed them, and then came after me! Windhelm guards rushed down and I eventually had to turn into a Vampire Lord to kick some ass