Forums » Elder Scrolls

NEED HELP GETTING DAWNGUARD STARTED???

• 238 posts
    June 26, 2012 7:58 AM EDT

Hey guys. iv noticed throughout the web, on youtube, here, and through text with a friend that ALOT of people are having trouble downloading dawnguard and then activating it.

this is what i did and iv already helped 5 people i dont even know lol! so hope it helps any here too.

1. start skyrim. at the main menu click add ons.

2. press y. this takes you to market and allows dawnguard download from the list (might not be visible on xbox main menu due to the need for them to update it. do it from the skyrim menu disc.)

3. bethesda didnt do a good job in assuring all was fine when we have downloaded it. after download. restart your console or return to xbox home. then restart skyrim. allow the game to "load add ons".

4. now it is in your gAME.....believe it or not.....yes, i know that no quest popped up or info, trust me.

5. head to riften. a dawnguard will talk to you and hence begin the dlc.

6 wondering how to join the vampires? just follow through the given quest from the man in riften. trust me.

7. i went to solitude and found a master vampire attacking everyone. i got some nice new dlc vampire armour. it looks sick!

hope this helps people 

• 297 posts
    June 26, 2012 8:20 AM EDT

Get some screenies up ryan bro..

• 856 posts
    June 26, 2012 9:15 AM EDT

A helpful post , I'm sure some of our membership will benefit from it.

• 2 posts
    June 26, 2012 11:52 AM EDT

Thanks for this. I downloaded it right before I went to work, and couldn't play any of the new content. I'll try this right when i get home! 

• 8 posts
    June 26, 2012 2:30 PM EDT

I cannot find dawnguard download for my ps3 help?

• 856 posts
    June 26, 2012 2:33 PM EDT

Sorry, but it's exclusive to the xbox right now... others don't get it for at least another month.

• 8 posts
    June 26, 2012 2:34 PM EDT

wtf is this shit?

• 952 posts
    June 26, 2012 2:35 PM EDT

Bribery by Microsoft.

• 577 posts
    June 26, 2012 2:58 PM EDT

Uh man, I had it worse. I was short on some MSpoints and it wouldn't let me purchase them!! Freaked out for 20mins. Some 'error' by Microsolf...couldn't believe it. It happen to alot of people also...I looked it up. All's good.

So far it's ok

• 238 posts
    June 26, 2012 7:52 PM EDT

lol (as in your comment made me laugh out loud) not laughing at the fact ps3 owners dont get it for a while.

count yourselves lucky. how do you think us xboxers feel about "the last of us"