Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favourite Armour Set?

• 12 posts
    November 30, 2011 11:01 AM EST

So my question is, what is everyones favourite armor set? It doesn't necessarily have to be stats but just the looks in general. If you have a reason for using this armor or lower level armor, give a reason. What made you do it? The looks, the role or just the fun...

Thanks in advance.

• 2 posts
    November 30, 2011 11:45 AM EST

First! and probs Daedric Armour cause it looks awesome

• 14 posts
    November 30, 2011 11:50 AM EST

If I would go like a templar, i probably would go with some steel or ebony.. There is how ever some "special" armors that you'll find in the game that looks totally diffrent from the standards that maybe suite..

I personally go with daedric bacause of the high armorrating and the badass look  

• 5 posts
    November 30, 2011 11:51 AM EST

I'm wearing full glass (epic) armor with a glass warhammer (epic) and a glass bow.

• 12 posts
    November 30, 2011 12:25 PM EST

Well honestly, i personally don't like daedric. It just doesn't look fitting for the whole skyrim setting in my opinon, i'd rather smack on some barbarian cloth, steel or ebony and play my part. Right now i'm playing a thief with the skull warpaint wearing cicero gear. Jester character essentially. You can overpower your character without the epic armor rating anyway.

• 77 posts
    November 30, 2011 12:53 PM EST

My favorite would be glass if it wasn't for those ridiculous shoulder pads. Light armor shouldn't even have shoulder pads for gods sake! It does look a bit out of place though

But I think my favorite armor is Dragon Plate. I use light armor, so I don't really get to use it, but it looks so freaking epic.

Some of the nicer armors in the game are the early ones, so it's a shame to be forced into the uglier, out of place armors when you level.

• 12 posts
    November 30, 2011 1:01 PM EST

I play in most of the beginner armors. Even on master they can be utilized if played right.

• 28 posts
    November 30, 2011 1:06 PM EST

I love the look of the Nightengale set! Looks so bad ass!

• 3 posts
    November 30, 2011 1:14 PM EST
    My favourite armour set is probably the Stormcloak Officer gear. I love the whole, 'rustic barbarian vibe' that Ulfric's soldiers have, and it really sets the tone for us true sons of Skyrim. ;P
    • 12 posts
    November 30, 2011 1:22 PM EST

Very true. I'm actually Nordic myself but I tend to not use the nords. I like to explore different I guess "Roleplay" settings for the different races. Like for example my Pariah Assassin. Very formal and well known person within the influencial cities, but he has a dark side. A little bad habit of killing all the guilty. This character is usually seen wearing the Emperors robe or Ulfrics gear =)

• 5 posts
    November 30, 2011 1:25 PM EST

idk but my fave is nightingale armor

• 5 posts
    November 30, 2011 1:26 PM EST

By far, it has to be Dragon Plate.

• 12 posts
    November 30, 2011 1:32 PM EST

No one a hybrid armor user like me? I personally don't like using just 1 set. Ebony with Guard helmet and a bit of steel = Perfect crusader look =)

• 2 posts
    November 30, 2011 1:41 PM EST

Nightingale set, for sure. It's gorgeous. 

• 8 posts
    November 30, 2011 3:06 PM EST

Glass looks the sexiest next to Daedric. Glass shimmers and I find myself constantly looking at it. It's basically holographic. You know the loading screen that shows the glass mace? Yeahhhh.. Spin that shit around to see some delicious shimmering.

• November 30, 2011 3:14 PM EST

For usability I would have to say Dragon Scale. Because it has the best light armor class. You can move FAST and sprinting takes very little out of stamina. And with the wind walker perk you regenerate your stamina insanely fast. Allowing my orc to power attach with his Nordic Hero Swords again and again and again and again and again and again and again without stoping.

Daedric armor looks freaking amazing though and a 90+ congurationist who has done the conguration spell ritual quest canmake it at the atronach forge with the sigil stone on the pedestle and ebony armor piece+ deadra heart+ Centurion dynamo core+ black soul gem= INSTANT DEADRIC AWSOMENESS

• 10 posts
    November 30, 2011 3:30 PM EST

Im sorry guys, but have you seen the Ebony Mail in boethias daedric quest? Its so frickin awesome! I mean, tendrils of darkness coming off your armor is pretty BA if you ask me. Second best is nightengale armor. It lookes like a black set of Asassins creed armor.

• 5 posts
    November 30, 2011 3:30 PM EST

I have a perk that needs a matched set.

• 10 posts
    November 30, 2011 3:37 PM EST

what do you mean?

• 12 posts
    November 30, 2011 3:52 PM EST

The only thing I don't like about the Ebony Mail is that it doesn't really have a shoulder piece. But i mean, for a thief style class, it would look great =)

• 10 posts
    November 30, 2011 3:56 PM EST

Thats what I was thinkin! It looks superb for a theif class. Whats funny, is that i dont really use it, being a light armor user

• 12 posts
    November 30, 2011 4:00 PM EST

Do you mostly use armor for the stats? Because endgame i find the stats to be quite irrelevant on gear as you can overpower almost every set. I play a Monk style character "Miracles" based fighting. I use a fur robe which fits perfectly and i can still play on master. My barbarian is fun too though. Sneaky 2h warrior.

• 10 posts
    November 30, 2011 4:03 PM EST

Your right about the stats, as Im unkillable now. Maybe ill just put on some BA ebony mail, and then some other gear... But yeah, Im using using dragonscale armor, and you have to admit, it looks awesome

• 12 posts
    November 30, 2011 4:05 PM EST

What type of build are you running? And what point distribution did you use? Magicka/Health/Stamina

• 14 posts
    November 30, 2011 4:52 PM EST

For me I like wearing robes and hoods much more than full armour sets (sorry if that's off topic).  Right now I'm wearing Apprentice Robes of Restoration with a Novice Hood (can't find an Apprentice match yet!).  Can't help but feel like my character looks like Ezio Auditore when I slowly approach a the edge of a high up mountain ridge.

I like to mix it with armour though, I particularly like the look and stats of Scaled Bracers that I've improved and enchanted.

In terms of look, I have to say I'm disappointed with the look of the Dark Brotherhood armour... In Oblivion, the Shrouded Armour was probably my worn item, for the stats and the look.  But whilst I'm enjoying the stats of the Skyrim version, I just don't think it looks as cool as a mage's robe and hood.  Hopefully there are some Dark Brotherhood robes that will satisfy me later down the line...