Forums » Elder Scrolls

New Patch

• 577 posts
    November 30, 2011 9:06 AM EST

eehhhh.....I don't know about this. Downloaded it this morning. It slightly "looks better" (I installed the game from the start, so I've been playing when apparently it's not at its max potential. xbox). But to be honest, a follower was with me in a dungeon and we were fighting some frost spiders and the frame rate was all over the place. It was skippin and stutering like crazy! It NEVER did that before. Maybe a tad bit, but not like this. I'm a bit worried. I'm sure they'll be something in the Forum section later today for discussion.

I also got married and there were no problems. Did kill a dragon and got NO soul.

Can you guys tell any different? Again, I play Xbox360 

• 14 posts
    November 30, 2011 11:44 AM EST

Hmm that doesn't sound so good.. I'm not suggesting you do this but, have you tried to uninstall the game and just go with the disc? The patch may be installed in a separately directory but i'm not sure.. When I downloaded and installed the patches for oblivion i runned the game from the disc so i guess that patches and such are installed separately.. Have never installed any game on my xbox because i dont see the benefits from it.. It may fix the problem to uninstall it but the risk is that you'll be starting all over again with the game.. :/

Anyone else comment?

• 3 posts
    November 30, 2011 12:03 PM EST

Backwards flying dragons and no magical resistance effects?  Thats what I'm reading about this new "patch."

Bethesda needs to explain these issues and, apparently, release another patch already to fix the latest patch.

More MS certification, etc. Probably won't be playing for awhile.  Not until Bethesda tells me I won't see a backwards flying dragon.

• 14 posts
    November 30, 2011 12:07 PM EST

Youre problems seems even more annoying.. I dont think i'll patch up just yet...

• 3 posts
    November 30, 2011 12:13 PM EST

I personnally haven't experienced them.  And I really don't want to...

I will be playing off line without any more patches until Bethesda makes a statement to the effect of "really sorry, we fd up, Skyrim will work as we intended if you install this patch (insert version # here)"

And it better be soon.  Their forum is blowing up with unhappy Nords.

• 14 posts
    December 1, 2011 5:44 AM EST

I would say that all of you that DONT got a problem when playing on the Xbox really shouldn't update, why bother? I will not update until I hear some good things about this, I have abolutely no problems with my game. Maybe some lagging when I play for more than 4 hours, but thats a console problem (getting a bit warm).

If Bethesda  releases a new update to fix the last patch and adding some graphic enhancement, then maybe I'll patch up!

• 17 posts
    December 1, 2011 7:44 AM EST

My PS3 downloaded the patch automatically.  Took about 5 mins.  I was not having problems and now I have problems with it freezing-up.  It went to an automatic save last night and locked-up!!!  Arrrrrrrrggggggghhhhh.

• 577 posts
    December 1, 2011 7:51 AM EST

5 mins to download? wow, xbox download was more like 5 seconds! Seriously! That had me a bit worried also. I was hopeing for a longer 'download'. It makes me feel like there's more "substance" in it. I was like "really, that's it? There's no way a 3-5 second download could fix all the problems".