Forums » The Lounge

Our amazing Universe and Beyond

• 952 posts
    June 13, 2012 11:48 AM EDT

You got it exactly right about the education. It are usualy the less educated people that believe the biggest nonsense there is. It's not like they're dumb or something, but they just don't have the education to see that humans are behind it and that that's perfectly possible.

• 856 posts
    June 13, 2012 11:48 AM EDT

That is great ... lmao.

• 668 posts
    June 13, 2012 11:51 AM EDT

I believe Rune. John Carter!

• 966 posts
    June 13, 2012 11:52 AM EDT

I believe about 70% of the stars dont have planets around them, dont know from when that info is or if its outdated, but they could see it by how the star moves

• 668 posts
    June 13, 2012 11:55 AM EDT

Can you post some M&M's now Paul? I miss Maturin the turtle!

See the TURTLE! of enormous girth On his shell he holds the earth # On his back all prayers are made # He knows the truth, but mayn't aid. # His thoughts are slow, but always kind # He holds us all within his mind. # He loves the land, and loves the sea, # And even loves a child, like me.

• 856 posts
    June 13, 2012 11:58 AM EDT

It takes a long time to analyze that type of data.  Plus the planet has to be fairly large size (and/or close proximity) to have a noticeable gravitational effect.  That's why that all the new planets we discover are very large.   Jovian planets (large gaseous, jupiter-like) may cause a slight wobble in a star, but terrestrial (rocky, relatively small, earth-like) planets wouldn't have a noticeable effect.  So, although a star may have planets we aren't able to detect the smaller or distant ones with today technology.  But yes, there are plenty of stars were we haven't found anything, as least not yet.

Nebula theory practically demands the presence of planets (assuming that elements heavier than H or He are present - which is true for all Pop II stars).

• 668 posts
    June 13, 2012 12:00 PM EDT

Tutankhamun rules, and I like cats are probably more like it, Rune.

Ra is pretty awesome though. I love sun gods!

• 668 posts
    June 13, 2012 12:08 PM EDT

But if you think of how vast the universe is, that leaves a LOT of stars that do have planets. And yes, the gravitational pull of a planet revolving around it's sun gives off a tale-tell wobble in the star, a sure sign that a planet is pulling on it.

• 668 posts
    June 13, 2012 12:29 PM EDT

Since no one else is going to mention them, I have to say the stars and Earth's moon as well. Why do all the other moons have names and Earth's is just "The Moon." Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• 238 posts
    June 13, 2012 12:59 PM EDT

no dieter people dont misinterpret drawings lmao! its quite evident in many of the drawing what they are........PLUS.....how did the Egyptians see in there dark pyramids WITHOUT light.......hence the hieroglyphics of light bulbs.........I WIN THIS CASE :D  

• 952 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:02 PM EDT

So you honestly believe that egyptians used light bulbs instead of torches to go inside the pyramids and they drawed light bulbs all over their walls. Oh yes, it makes so much sense, they used puppy's as fuell for them because they adored cats... Oh wait, cats are aliens then.

I can think of so many things that look like light bulbs, you just post me a picture of that hierogyliph and I say some.

• 238 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:02 PM EDT

Evidence is in our dna....evidence is in the pyramids and stone henge and all these vast buildings where it isnt possible to carve what they did, knowledge was handed down to us. our ancestors liked to draw what they seen.....and alot of what they drew and what we see is from these annunaki / gods. i highly doubt they made these up.

AND i highly doubt that opposite ends of the planet in these times, completely different cultures drew the EXACT same things. its painfully obvious.

• 952 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:04 PM EDT

I saw a documentary on discovery on how they build stonehenge, and it was pretty simple and easy, nothing special about that.

Can you tell me why there is evidence in DNA about us being placed here by aliens?

• 238 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:05 PM EDT

ok so they drew bulbs just for the fun of it.....they just happened to MAKE up the exact structure of a bulb years before it was even invented.

to further prove this point ....they cant use torches in the pyramids.......its been proven that there is not enough oxygen to sustain the flames.  WINNING

• 668 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:06 PM EDT

OH NO! He's right. Well, only if the light bulbs are human sized tho...

• 238 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:07 PM EDT

second winning point!!!! 

flames from torches = soot etc agree? no evidence of this substance anywhere! ......maybe they just lived in the dark then......lol win

• 952 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:07 PM EDT

First off all, again, show me those drawings of light bulbs and I shall say what they probarly are instead of light bulbs.

If there isn't enough oxygen to fuel a torch there defenetly isn't enough oxygen to even enter there as a human and those hieroghlyps couldn't even be there in the first place.

• 952 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:09 PM EDT

That doesn't even remotely look like a light bulb. It looks way more like a mace with a carving in it or a jar with a snake.

• 238 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:10 PM EDT

yes there is..you go to some caves and you can breath but cant get a flame to live.......and you talk about a lack of education? AGAIN proof is everywhere and you are further proving my point of people ridiculing it because it is "impossible."

• 952 posts

You moron, fire doesn't make that much soot at all, they should keep standing on the same spot with a huge torch for about an hour before you would start to see a stain of soot.

• 238 posts

hahahahah yea.......lmao

• 952 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:13 PM EDT

Dear Ryan, I am a chemist and I know for sure that any amount of oxygen is enough to make a fire burn. The amount of oxygen only determines how long a torch burns. If there wouldn't be enough oxygen to fuel a torch there would be no oxygen at all.

• 238 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:13 PM EDT

so all of them walked about with torches all the time instead of lighting  up the halls in a normal wway with lamps and torches. wake up!

• 952 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:14 PM EDT

Have you ever seen a light bulb that big. Glass didn't even exist back then and if it did, they would have found some evidence of it by now. Go ahead, prove they had glass back then.

• 952 posts
    June 13, 2012 1:16 PM EDT

Pyramids where burial tombs, people didn't just leave and enter when they wanted to. The pyramid was build, the pharao would be buried there together with the people that build it and some servants, and it was closed of to the world until they got looted a couple of centuries ago.