Forums » Elder Scrolls

Odd goings-on in Skyrim

• 41 posts
    April 21, 2014 8:50 AM EDT
    Well my problem is that I can't seem to play a character for very long, so now the Telvanni Wizard is no more...
    Also I'd been exploring the site for a few weeks before I joined today, so... Yeah.
    • 1441 posts
    April 21, 2014 1:51 PM EDT
    Oh, I got one. Once, my Breton ranger was traveling on his horse, Shadowmere or aardvark, I can remember. Everywhere I looked when I was traveling on the road was just blackness. When I moved, It went back to normal, another trot, blackness, with the only light being around my character.
    • 3 posts
    April 24, 2014 2:28 AM EDT
    I started a new game, everything seemed normal until I heard a high pitched squeal. I looked back to see the cart had ran over a rabbit running across the road.

Another one that happened to me was I went to go kill a bunch of giants, as you do. When I killed one of the giants he flew up in the air and fell back down but his club was still in the air.

I had a bit of a giggle when this happened.
    • 708 posts
    April 24, 2014 2:31 AM EDT

Reminds me of an experience I had with the scenic carriages mod (you sit in the back of the carriage and it actually drives to your destination in real-time) - I was going from Whiterun to Windhelm, by the time we got there we ran over and killed a Whiterun Guard, a child (had a mod that marked essential NPCs as protected), a random encounter thief and a Snow Bear.

• 108 posts
    April 24, 2014 3:36 AM EDT

Also nice when such a carriage topples over and you are dragged around upside down until you flip over again. ^_^

• April 24, 2014 9:44 AM EDT

Deer falling from the sky, Bears learning how to fly, Kynareth, need you be reminded that these beasts do not have wings?

Besides that, I've also heard some conversation about a character named Elydi the Bear as well as a mannequin moving in Proudspire. I took one look at it. Never went back there ever again. I think I deleted that save...got a new computer too...

• 661 posts
    April 24, 2014 10:00 AM EDT

This is not really an Odd-Going, but it was pretty awesome.

You know when you kill a bear, and then it starts walking in the same place? Well that happened to me the other day, but one thing made it different than most other times. I was listening to a song called "The Birthing" by Baroness. The thing was I was watching it, getting blazed with my friend who has just shown me a drawn out picture of Jasper Kane cleaved in two, and I was sitting there thinking while he passed me the bong.

"This would be thee greatest music video ever for this song!" 

I guess I wasn't thinking it, because I spoke it aloud. His brother, and him looked at me, and then looked at the screen. Witnessed what I was watching, and looked back at me. Agreeing that it would be thee perfect music video for this particular song. 

It was literally just a bear walking in one spot. Backwards too I think, couldn't really tell. Because the motions look similar. Anyways, that is my "Odd going-on in Skyrim". Not really anything special besides the fact I discovered the best music video ever. Maybe one day I'll post something like it on the Blog. 

• April 24, 2014 7:26 PM EDT

There was also this one time where a thief tried to rob my werewolf character. While she was in werewolf form.

• April 24, 2014 7:45 PM EDT
    Wow...

"Hand over your valuables..." says the thief.
    "Hand over your heart!!!" you respond.

Dinner's ready!
    • 3 posts
    April 25, 2014 5:57 AM EDT
    Ponty, from the things that happened to you I think it's safe to say that carriages are a bit OP...
  • April 25, 2014 7:15 AM EDT

Funny thing is, he ran away after I said "I don't have time for this"

He said "Don't you walk away from me"

"Okay, you first."

• 41 posts
    May 5, 2014 7:04 AM EDT
    I recently encountered the politest hired thug I've ever seen. I was walking through Kynesgrove (I think) as my new Redguard assassin, and I decided to talk to a random person. I realised they were a hired thug, but because I had pressed the action button, he said "Good afternoon", then "We're here to teach you a lesson." How formal, even though they then proceeded to kill me.
    • 12 posts
    August 4, 2014 2:26 AM EDT

Once in Lakeview manor my mannequin(equipped with Dark Brotherhood armor) was just walking around like a normal NPC. It went back into mannequin mode after a few seconds, but it gave me a heart attack

Then there was the dragon attack on the college right after I got the staff of magnus. He pissed off pretty quickly after going through a couple of lightning bolts from the 4 mages on the bridge, right over the Magnus barrier, and died 2 hours later

• 8 posts
    August 4, 2014 2:22 PM EDT
    Possibly the weirdest thing that happened to me was, this was on my buggy save file, I was clearing out a draugr tomb, with my old trusty nightingale bow, I fired an ebony arrow at a hulking draugr, but it doesn't land and my follower ends up falling down the stairs, an ebony arrow in his back RIP Faendal, I didn't mean it.....
    • 8 posts
    August 4, 2014 2:27 PM EDT
    Aardvark the horse? Do I sense the influence of the mighty sips? (If you don't know who he is then ill be embarrassed for a while)
  • August 29, 2014 10:41 PM EDT

I had a variation of that one. A guy claiming to have been robbed wanted me to walk him home. A dragon swooped in and he got killed during the fight. A little ways up the road I ran into the bandits, and killed them all, assuming it was they who robbed the dead guy. It wasn't till a later play through that I realized he was leading me into an ambush!

• 134 posts
    August 30, 2014 2:54 AM EDT

I was messing around with console commands the other day, and used setrace khajiit on a rabbit; it disappeared, so I forgot about it.

I later loaded the save on the Xbox, began travelling the roads and every now and then a Khajiit head would float past, bobbing as it went. The best one was near Whiterun, since I was riding a horse on the other side of the river towards Riften and a very angry-looking floating Khajiit head charged me head on. He killed my horse, and when I killed it, it shot into the air. A very peculiar day for me.

• 134 posts
    August 30, 2014 4:21 AM EDT

I hate that. It happens whenever I try to load my first save on the Xbox.

Funny how oblivious the headsman is though.

• 44 posts
    August 31, 2014 6:17 PM EDT
    Stepped out of the inn in river wood the other day. Saw a shadow so I looked up, expecting to see a dragon. No sir... Startled me when I discovered a mammoth crashing into the street, right on top of me at full speed.
    • 100 posts
    August 31, 2014 7:08 PM EDT

I reverse pickpocketed about thirty various poisons onto Maro during Breaching Security, including some paralysis and slow for good measure in case he survived. Soon as I exit the menu, Maro starts flying all over plaza where the gildegreen tree stands, moving so rapidly I couldn't even keep the cursor on him to make out the odd contortion his body may have been going through during the turbulent flight. His health bar is draining for a few seconds, then just freezes about 2/3rd down. About nineteen seconds later I'd guess, (the length of my paralysis poison) he stops flying his ragdoll tornado, snaps in place so quickly he might have landed on his feet, and keeps on going. 

• 1483 posts
    August 31, 2014 7:24 PM EDT

Congrats, you have found the recipe for skooma! 

• 16 posts
    September 1, 2014 3:03 AM EDT
    There was this one day, when I was taking a peaceful walk in the forests around Falkreath, on my female Nord Penitus Oculatus agent. Everything seemed to be just fine and ordenary, but then, out of nowhere, came a group of fellow Imperial legioneres. I ran to greet them, but as I ran closer I noticed that these where no ordinary legionaries: they where all Orcs, this I found very odd since most Orcs don't like fighting for the Empire these days. Then everything happened at once, as I was talking with the leader of the group, another member snuck behind me and was just about to spike me with her sword. She would have succeeded if it was not for the snap of a twig. I spun around to face the threat just to discover three sets of Imperial swords all pointed at my chest. The fight only lasted for a few moments, the bandit Orcs clad in Imperial armor where no match for a fully trained and seasoned Penitus Oculatus agent.

What I found odd about the encounter with the trickster Orcs was that, I never before in my history of playing Skyrim have met them, and thats saying a lot!
    • 13 posts
    September 1, 2014 11:38 AM EDT

On my character's first trip to Solstheim, the Northern Maiden somehow went off-course as it headed into the harbor, and began to sink.  Locked into the game's animation, I was helpless to save my character, and she drowned.

I've always wondered if she would have survived the glitch if she'd been wearing a waterbreathing item...

• September 1, 2014 7:30 PM EDT
    Not so useless now huh?
    • 13 posts
    September 2, 2014 1:05 AM EDT

I wonder if the Captain had one?  He kept up his warnings about Solstheim as the ship was "sinking," and didn't stop speaking until my character's health bar was empty.  He also didn't appear to notice the glubglubglub noises she was making.

Actually, with all the ice bergs in Skyrim's waters, I think it would make sense for the sailors to have waterbreathing items in the absence of life preservers.