Forums » Elder Scrolls

Odd goings-on in Skyrim

• 30 posts
    May 16, 2013 7:46 PM EDT

Just a couple of minutes ago me and Farkas were at the end of Dustman's Cairn and we had to fight the draugr Farkas ran over to the treasure chest and got a staff of sparks and started using it rather than his iron great sword.

• 38 posts
    May 16, 2013 8:15 PM EDT

I was walking in a town and some old lady was floating 50 feet in the air before gracefully descending into the ground XD

• 38 posts
    May 16, 2013 8:23 PM EDT

Thats probably because the coding for a dead and live body are very alike, so things like that can happen. That also reminds me of a glitch that just makes body dance about. I saw a giant fucking fly off into the sky spinning. I just shouted "DO A BARREL ROLL!"

• 26 posts
    May 16, 2013 11:18 PM EDT

That's a cool element with the staff of sparks, havent had that happen to me yet. In my initiation quest I had my shield brother charge off mid mission and agro most of the map for no apparent reason. Got faceplanted by about 10 silverhand because I couldn't get away :(

• 17 posts
    May 18, 2013 5:07 AM EDT

Yesterday I was visiting shrine of Mehrunes Dagon for daedra hearts, as usual both dremora outside charges at me, I cast fireball and pressed my key to go forward (w) and started walking backwards, walked off the cliff and died...

Also been getting some weird encounters lately. I am level 32 on my hybrid and encountering draugr death overlords which should only appear after level 37. Also getting loot that is supposed to appear only once you are level 48 (Daedric armor of extreme conjuration). Last but not least, every single time when I visit my Arch-mage HQ in Winterhold collage I get attacked by a dragon, it always lands in front yard and always is a frost dragon. So far I have killed 5 - 6 dragons in same exact spot. 

• BRT
    • 7 posts
    May 18, 2013 7:31 AM EDT

There are certain spots where higher-than-usual draugr seem to appear; Arcwind Point is one of them.  And fast traveling to an outdoor location after not fighting a dragon for a while will often spawn a dragon attack.  I think all of us that have put a lot of hours into the game have dealt with dragon after dragon at the college. 

• 17 posts
    May 18, 2013 8:46 AM EDT

My 4th account that is arch-mage and first time this happens. I suppose the game is random like that. But when I saw daedric armor in chest I was little confused. I have around 10 accounts and average level is 40. Never seen a daedric item on any of them except on my old level 60. I guess it must be like 1 in 1000 chance to get something at low level.

• 708 posts
    May 18, 2013 8:51 AM EDT

There's loads of dragon encounters in Winterhold because of a) the random spawn above Winterhold and b) the Mount Anthor lair. Occasionally you get a double dragon encounter too.

• 253 posts
    May 18, 2013 9:23 AM EDT

I know what you mean about the loot. On my level 20 character I found an ebony mace. Unfortunately he is a pure mage. 

• 17 posts
    May 18, 2013 10:41 AM EDT

My hybrid is light armor user so I gave it to J'zargo, sadly he looks horrible in it. I often tend to find loot that is decent but I do not use it...

• 8 posts
    May 18, 2013 11:32 AM EDT

The same thing happened to me. I was just after starting a new character, and was doing my usual starting gold gather, the bandit camp, the Talos shrine and then Embershard. In the first room, where there is two bandits, a lever, a dead Nord miner and a iron ore vein, I set upon the two bandits. I just killed the first, and did a finisher on the second. Looking around, I noticed a head coming out of the water. Understandably, I freaked! The Stormcloak Courier just came out of the water, went up the ramp and out of the mine.

That shook me a lot, but it happened again in Embershard, with the Courier running out of the lever room...

• 13 posts
    May 18, 2013 11:48 AM EDT

I had a weird encounter in Markarth the woman who is sitting on the floor in the warrens if you kill her she has the dying animation and is half in and half out of the floor but is still alive and you can still talk to her even with no one else in the area I still get a 1000 gold bounty for killing her while she is still alive stuck in the floor

• 17 posts
    May 18, 2013 12:44 PM EDT

Today was running my way through field, suddenly I hear - You picked a bad time to get lost friend. I see bandit chief and his buddies emerge from dragon burial mount. Dragons apparently are not the only ones rising...

• 62 posts
    May 18, 2013 2:05 PM EDT

Has anyone had a dead body stand up and start running on the spot? It has happened twice now, both times - I think - down to my character having a paralyse effect on their weapon.

You can't interact with them accept to check their inventory. Bizarre.

• 2 posts
    May 19, 2013 11:10 AM EDT
    So yesterday I started up a new character and instead of going to my save right before character customization, I decided to press new and watch the intro. As we were approaching Helgen, the carriage in front of us reached the curve into Helgen and instead of making a nice, clean turn the carriage fell to the right and immediately bounced back up and to the left, then bounced around a little more until everything settled.
  • May 19, 2013 2:15 PM EDT

An odd thing i have encountured in Skyrim was a frosbite spider fighting a frost troll in the south reaches of Skyrim. Best thing was that after the spider died the troll just sat down like: ''Just killed a spider. No big deal. I'll just chill here.'' Then i one-shot sneak attacked him.

• 62 posts
    May 19, 2013 2:25 PM EDT

You do know that you can change your name in the "settings" section of your profile, right? Just thought I'd let you know. Unless, of course, you meant to spell Totally wrong. In which case you can forget I said anything.

• May 19, 2013 3:36 PM EDT

Thank you for pointing that one out my good sir.

• 26 posts
    May 21, 2013 7:01 PM EDT

Was a strange night last night

I decided to try a heavy armour / archer / conjuration build having never gone down that road before, I got out of Helgan did a quick sell and moved towards Whiterun, I was very close to level 3 so I decided to wander over to the dragon attack tower (Ye Old Western Tower of Whiterun), and try collect some crabs and a elk or two. I see three people coming towards me and they were all peaceful. As they draw level with me and walk past I run the cursor over them to see who they were, thinking they might be companions being all dressed in steel armour and all carrying two handed weapons. In unison they attacked with the “You picked the wrong place….” speech. They were all bandit chiefs, and after one shotting my hasty summon companion I run them to the Giants camp seemed only fair.

Also later that night I collected Serana and was getting the first crossbow schematic when I was set upon by three vampires, three wolves and three bandits at the same time, thinking this couldn’t get any crazier I then had a Orc hunter and a 2 Vigilants of Stendarr leap in for the assist. I haven’t come across group fights like that so early on. One of the Vampires went invisible and stopped being a red dot, he stayed that way until I managed to drill him with an arrow some 5 minutes later.  

Unfortunately the good samaritan “Orc Hunter” died and Skyrim will be a lesser place for it.

• 62 posts
    May 25, 2013 11:06 AM EDT

You're more than welcome.

• 1483 posts
    May 25, 2013 2:17 PM EDT

This happened today. Damn Imperials work Talos worshipper's fingers to the bone!

• 268 posts
    May 25, 2013 3:07 PM EDT
    Yeah, what is it with those freaking naked couriers! They even have clothes in their inventory, but just choose not to wear them. Strippers....
    • 268 posts
    May 25, 2013 3:10 PM EDT
    I've had Fralia Grey-Mane talking to thin air, while Olfrid and Idolaf are walking round near the gate, shouting at some invisible hag.
    • 12 posts
    June 12, 2013 11:11 AM EDT

I remember the first time that I did the Dark Brotherhood questline. I got up to the part where you have to spare Cicero or kill him. The first time I choose to try and spare the guy's life, he got up off of the ground and started attacking me. This only happened one time and I could never get it to happen again, but it sure was crazy.

• June 12, 2013 12:14 PM EDT

I was testing a Vampire build that im going to do and when I went to feed I didnt sink my teeth into the persons neck. I sank it into her but  Booty blood