Forums » Elder Scrolls

Odd goings-on in Skyrim

• 708 posts
    May 1, 2013 8:45 AM EDT

So I was on a random beach in Solstheim testing out some stuff with Dragonborn Frost for my black book guide. I had 3 peasants (Argonian, Breton and Nord - I was testing if magic/frost resist affected the freeze duration) lined up, and Frosted em. After the ice broke, the Nord dashed straight for the water, and 30 seconds later emerged with an Orcish Greatsword in hand. I have no idea where she got it!

• 708 posts
    May 1, 2013 9:24 AM EDT

Haha, I'm surprised they didn't go for the dragonbone warhammers scattered all over the shoreline from when I was testing telekinesis...

• 17 posts
    May 2, 2013 7:30 AM EDT

Yesterday I was wondering around with my summoner, went into stony creek cave, cleared it out. Went outside to see random bandit charging my way, I killed all bandits and checked everywhere before going in. Second later, I see guy in full steel plate armor rushing at me from north and followed by his buddy another bandit, I killed them both. Suddenly my dremora lord says: "A challenger has appeared", I see 3 vampires running at me from same way the two bandits came...I ended up slightly confused about all this.

Also when I started my new 2h character got quest for golden claw and went on my way to Bleak falls barrow,  I barely cross river and I hear: "You picked a bad time to get lost, friend" and see two bandit chiefs running at me, barely survived that, two chiefs vs level 2...seems hardly fair fight and such weird encounter, have walked that path like 5 - 6 times now and this is first time that happens.

• 25 posts
    May 4, 2013 4:25 AM EDT

If the player can kill anyone he/she wants,that could ruin questlines,items you can get,etc.

Which would be very bad.

• 78 posts
    May 4, 2013 10:47 AM EDT

I've had that courier do that too.  Didn't burn him though 

This happened to me recently.  I was traveling along and see some of the companions shooting at a mammoth.  I couldn't talk to Skjor because he was half way in the ground.  

• 24 posts
    May 5, 2013 2:53 PM EDT

I'd just made done the misc quest to make sven my follower and when I ask him to be my follower he says this: (My subtitles were on but they disappeared!) " I suppose master Neloth won't mind. He's always telling me to get out of his way." 

I'm like what on earth are you saying Sven/Talvas!? Talvas are you wearing a mask that looks like svens? Thats not good to do is it?

• 24 posts
    May 6, 2013 2:01 AM EDT

baked courier?

• 24 posts
    May 6, 2013 2:04 AM EDT

has anyone else had npcs that say the wrong lines?

• BRT
    • 7 posts
    May 6, 2013 10:56 AM EDT

One funny occurrence was at the end of the Book of Love quest.  The two ghostly lovers were ascending into the sky like normal when for some reason they both were knocked from the sky, and Fenrig started saying the general "you dare challenge the dead!" dialogue that you get when fighting ghosts.

• 8 posts
    May 6, 2013 11:55 AM EDT

Okay so on my very first save on Skyrim, I completed the companions quest and then went off and did a few other questlines. At some point, I returned to Jorvaskr and Skjor was there!

• 78 posts
    May 6, 2013 4:05 PM EDT

Weird!  But just like mine, skjor was dead in the middle of the ground, but he was still with the companions for a fight and this was just recent.  I completed the companions a long time ago. Strange.  I wish my dead merchants would arise!!

• 1483 posts
    May 6, 2013 4:15 PM EDT

I once have done a no-kills playthrough and went through Companions questline. The mission Proving Honor was a very hard one for a no-kills characters, I basically silent rolled through the entire dungeon and waited in the end to prevent Farkas from killing anyone (since follower kills go to your kill count). During the last fight I consistently paralyzed him and Fus Ro Dah-d the draugrs from the ladder. After I finished that fight I took the recovered Farkas and fast traveled to Whiterun. Farkas ran to the Jorrvaskr and I stayed to sell some of my gear. When I got to Jorrvaskr to report of the quest completion Skjor told me that I still need to prove myself! I was shocked seeing this as if Farkas reported my shameful combat in Dustman's Cairn! 

• 78 posts
    May 6, 2013 8:17 PM EDT

wow, that's pretty incredible to be able to play that style first of all!  But how funny of the response.  Your picturing baby ass Farkas crying to tell on you like a little brother.  

• 14 posts
    May 8, 2013 10:16 PM EDT

I had a triple dragon encounter the other day...... not really odd goings but just not fair......
    Also I had "Accidentally" Killed Nazeem in while I had Farkas as a follower, so I went to jail, and when I got out Farkas was going apeshit on everyone. Suddenly EVERY SINGLE COMPANION runs out of Jorvaskrr and just starts tearing through people and whiterun guards. Like guys I appreciate the backup, but I already paid my dues....

• 708 posts
    May 8, 2013 10:35 PM EDT

The Companions seem a bit weird with their moralities, once I accidentally whacked one of them in the encounter with the Giant and then got attacked on sight upon entering Jorvasskr. Another time I ran into Ria and Vilkas in the wild and I could take Ria as a follower (I hadn't even joined), though I couldn't use any commands (or even dismiss her, I had to load an earlier save)

• 78 posts
    May 9, 2013 2:37 PM EDT

That is strange

• 78 posts
    May 9, 2013 2:37 PM EDT

I like how you say accidentally for all of us knowing what an a-hole he is

• 26 posts
    May 13, 2013 3:12 AM EDT

Not so much odd but interesting due to the depth, I was in the small town below the 7000 steps and a random NPC comes out of a house, I decide to chat to him for no particular reason it’s just interesting some times. The dialog steers us towards his fear of dragons and vampires and how he wants to keep his family safe and not sure that he can. No sooner had I finished the dialog I got attacked by a trio of vampires. Poor old NPC leapt in feet first and got faceplanted before I could save him. I must have stared at his corpse for about 5 minutes thinking of the irony. It’s such a great game.

• 26 posts
    May 13, 2013 5:50 PM EDT

Morning all, last night I had 3 couriers all approach me at the same time during a Vampire fight in Windhelm on master difficulty they decimated most of the town whilst I was enduring cut scenes and interrupts, teach me to fast travel

Minor Spoiler or two Below

Also I completed the mission for the old gods armour cant recall the name of the mission, I went with the Madanach storyline until the exit to the town and then I stalled him and once the forsworn had left I killed him, thinking I would get both rewards. I exited and all the forsworn were onto me and the guards just ignored everything, I ran out the city gate into the wild and summoned Durneviir only to have the city guard all agro as well uniting with the forsworn, I backed into a corner across one of the creeks only to be killed by a mudcrab I didn’t see that was happily munching on my back whilst I was dodging arrows.

• 9 posts
    May 16, 2013 12:00 AM EDT

I dont know if this qualifies as odd, but i have discovered a whole new side to the follower known as Marcurio, although he is known as Marcurio the murderer in my game. Despite being a rather badass destruction spellsword, he has proved himself quite psychotic. The first time i noticed is when he blew away poor old crazy Helfid the Deaf, who ran away from me when i opened the door, only to get slaughtered by a lightning bolt by none other than Marcurio the murderer.  Outside of Riften, he proved his name again, by blowing away yet another lady midway through a bear attack, i assume that he fired off a chain lightning that hostilized her, then blew her away to finish the job   

Starting off the theives guild, i also had to burn some bee hives (i burnt all of them, not just 3, just to piss of Maven) I snuck back unattended to Marcurio, after not even scratching a guard. Marcurio the murderer then started launching lightning bolts willy nilly at all the unaware guards that had not seen me yet. As he was waiting AND in the middle of combat, he wouldnt even talk to me, he just went out slaughtering guards. I was very very very tempted to just kill the bugger right there ( i was still unseen) and escape on my own.

the murderer lives still. but trust me, soon, when he least expects it, vengeance for Hefid the Deaf, Synda Llanith the farmer, and the several guards of Goldenglow Estates will be delivered, Marcurio will pay for his crimes.

• 62 posts
    May 16, 2013 6:45 AM EDT

I don't know it this is really that odd, but it struck me as being rather strange.

Last night my character decided to join the College Of Winterhold. Although he's not a magic user himself, he needed access to Saathal for the Gaulder Amulet quest.

Anyway, he was halfway across the bridge with his guide Faralda when he noticed a Nordic (or possibly Breton) gentleman running across the bridge in his general direction. "Hey! You there! Take this!". Although I've had this random encounter numerous times before when out in the wilderness (I have noticed that it happens most often just outside of Riften's stables), I never imagined it would trigger under present circumstances. Unlike previous encounters, there was no victim in sight either. Weird.

I'm glad it happened though. It presented before me the wonderful opportunity to Fus-Roh-Dah him off the bridge, straight into the watery depths below. Oh the joy!  

• BRT
    • 7 posts
    May 16, 2013 8:48 AM EDT

One of my favorite encounters happened at the College of Winterhold.  I had already joined and was at a pretty low level (probably 4 or 5), and the three hired thugs had come to "teach me a lesson" for previously stealing something.  It happened at one of the points where most of the college residents were outside walking between the college areas, so what would normally have been a really tough fight for me turned into a slaughter, as I had five or six powerful mages massacre the thugs for me.

• 14 posts
    May 16, 2013 11:30 AM EDT
    I had just started my Master Monk character and was heading towards the Talos Shrine Massacre to get my robes, when a wolf attacked. No prob, I beat it down and began to move on. However, the next seconds had about 20 red blips on my radar. I was being attacked by an army of wolves! About a dozen wolves attacked and my Khajit barely survived. However, then 2 bandit chiefs with 6 bandits attacked immediately after! I don't have to say that I ran as fast as I could. Sadly, not fast enough. Luckily not a DiD character or anything. :D
  • May 16, 2013 11:30 AM EDT

I had a bandit committing suicide xD He just walked off the tree near Darkwater Crossing

• 78 posts
    May 16, 2013 2:26 PM EDT

omg I know Marcurio is my husband in my first character and he's been my follower, and I've never laughed so hard at the sight of some of these people he sends flying into the air.