Forums » Elder Scrolls

Odd goings-on in Skyrim

• 708 posts
    June 12, 2012 8:57 PM EDT

I've had quite a few odd tales to tell during my time playing Skyrim, weird random encounters, buggy conversations in towns, or just plain odd things that have happened to me. Share some of yours here!

Just earlier today (the one that inspired me to start this) I was doing the Goldenglow quest for the Thieves Guild. I was playing on my pure thief character, who has no combat skills and prefers to avoid combat completely, using claws only when absolutely necessary. So anyway, I was skirting around the edge of the island at nighttime in sneak mode, looking for the sewer gate, when I notice a disturbance in the water just off to my right. Looking over, I noticed a roughly man-sized shape swimming straight towards me. 3 Hired Thugs emerge from the lake, all clad in identical Steel Armor and wielding battleaxes, and confront me. "We're here to teach you a lesson!" I immediately fled to the sewer gate to escape both the Hired SEAL team and the mercenary army guarding the estate!

• 20 posts
    February 27, 2013 9:36 PM EST

Friend of mine was having trouble with the Companions either trying to kill him or endlessly engage him in conversation, so finally he decided enough was enough and he killed them all. But Farkas gave him a little trouble. He killed Farkas with a decapitation. Farkas fell to his knees, and then eventually got up like nothing was wrong. Except he was missing his head. Farkas kept trying to engage my friend in conversation, but no sound came out... because his freaking head was gone. 

• 153 posts
    February 28, 2013 3:23 AM EST
    So I was by the western watchtower when suddenly a group of bandits come and raid me, I am a low level and can barely fight them off (there were 3 bandit chiefs) so I get hit and near death. Then out of nowhere an arrow comes and kills one of the bandits and with it three guards follow. With clashing of blades and some beheadings the guards were triumphant and saved me from bandits sword. This is the only time I have been saved by and seen a guard do anything useful.
    • 3 posts
    February 28, 2013 6:11 AM EST

naked courier has to be the strangest i have seen so far. and i cried with laughter. now every time i see him and he isn't naked i get a lil sad lol 

• 153 posts
    February 28, 2013 7:24 AM EST
    Lol, when I first saw it I thought he was a rapist coming towards me!
    • 365 posts
    February 28, 2013 8:01 AM EST

Quite a common one, but the Commander Maro was whizzing about on a horse flying through the air over Dragon's Bridge the first time I ever went there in Skyrim, went on for a full 5 minutes, and i almost pissed myself laughing.

It's funny just imaginaing it all over again... *sighs*

• 78 posts
    March 17, 2013 10:14 AM EDT

Twice now The Nightcaller Temple quest has glitched right at the last part I try to save and it froze.  wth...this is my third time doing it, so I know it can be done.  

• 5 posts
    March 17, 2013 11:48 AM EDT

i don't know why but i think it is a glitch it the game as i can not save/wait in the temple as it always freezes :)

• 2 posts
    March 17, 2013 12:54 PM EDT
    Yesterday I was running around on an Orc random toon that I decided I would just explore, came across a Saber Cat on a path and being level 5 immediately went to run...nope. 2 more saber cats popped out! NKW with 3 saber cats chasing after me k jump into a nearby river hoping to escape...nope! ALL 3 of the saber cats follow me into the water and down the stream for literally 3-4 minutes real time.
    • 30 posts
    March 17, 2013 4:12 PM EDT

Was on my way to talk to Scouts-Many-Marshes when I notice a group of NPCs standing outside the Hlaalu Farm, so I go see what's going on. I find the three revelers and a frightened woman. The Revelers were just standing there not doing anything, same as the woman. I try to start dialogue with them, but all they respond with were things like 'Hmm?' or 'Yes?'.

• 1 posts
    April 7, 2013 11:58 PM EDT

I was out doing my usual rounds to the great hidden chests of Skyrim, This time different. I was returning from the hall of the vigil(to read the book for aethirum with the DW expansion) so i thought "Hey ill just take a stroll to Dawnstar since I'm already here". The natures of Skyrims have never been my ally but this one ices the cake. I see a regular cow in the middle of the road and as I am walking up to this cow to investigate one of those giants that roams Skyrim turns hostile on the cow and stomps on it, the cow flies in the air, I dispatch the giant with my frost spells and a Frost troll appears i think "Well shit" little did i know there are frosbite spiders behind him, I sprint to Dawnstar past the part of the road where thee pack of wovles is, They dispatch the spiders so i start to think i have a chance , I use whirlwind sprint back to the remains of the giant and take his loot(Steel waraxe) and try to dispatch the troll with shouts and pure bad ass- ness, with one or two more hits i would have killed the beast but i was low on health and with one more hit I wold have been dead, But then the miracle happened. Mr. Cow comes sailing down and PLOP hits the troll killing itself and the troll. I have respect for all cows till this day.

• 365 posts
    April 8, 2013 12:06 AM EDT

Jake that is the best tale I've ever heard!  Praise be to cows! Praise be to cows!

• 291 posts
    April 8, 2013 1:07 AM EDT

So...the cow, by virtue of being a falling object, actually did damage to the troll?!?!

That is awesome.

• 89 posts
    April 8, 2013 1:13 AM EDT
    I was walking towards windhelm through cicero's carriage quest path. Walk up on a couple of revelers, a pack of wolves attack, revelers attack wolves, reveler accidentally attacks reveler, when revelers finish off wolves the reveler that got attacked turns on the other two! Not only does the guy come out on top in a 2 on 1, but he also does a suplex finisher on each...wow! I've posted this on another thread before but in all my hours of playing it is still the craziest thing I've seen.
    • 153 posts
    April 8, 2013 8:35 AM EDT

• 59 posts
    April 8, 2013 8:56 AM EDT

I just turned Labyrintian to ash. I get into town to get a letter stating I made quite an impression with my T'uum in Labyrintian (!) and I should visit (location) for another word of power...

I dident knew those draugr were stil waging war! Soon there wil be no more left lol.

I unleash them all on Sovengarde for a honarable battle there

Oh, and het cow tale is GREAT!

• 708 posts
    April 8, 2013 9:02 AM EDT

I've got a letter for demonstrating my Thu'um in the SOUL CAIRN. That's right, the bloody SOUL CAIRN. I don't get why Serana doesn't just tell me these things... or maybe a mail service is running now, and it was Valerica or Durnehviir?

• 153 posts
    April 8, 2013 9:10 AM EDT

"Dear Dovakiin,

U made quite a stir in the Soul Cairn when you demonstrated the power of the Thu'um. Please don't do it again as it freaks out the Mistman and the keepers just wont stand for it.
    P.S. I think I once heard of this cave somewhere with this special power for the dragonborn or something."

DId it go something like this?

• 1913 posts
    April 8, 2013 9:16 AM EDT
    Valeria is now being a stalker making sure you are good to her daughter... I guess she is a good parent after all
    • 78 posts
    April 8, 2013 1:02 PM EDT

Sounds like some funny programming issues with flying cow killers!    What a sight that must have been.  

A couple weeks ago, I accidentally killed Adrianne Advenicci in Whiterun.  A group of vamps attacked and I was at a distance with my bow, when I pointed at her, it showed red and so I shot and she burst into ash.  Afterwards I got my letter of inheritance saying it was her that died.  It was weird because there were two ash piles that I couldn't click on to search and not both her and Ulfberth War-Bear are gone.  

• 59 posts
    April 8, 2013 2:08 PM EDT

Maybe it was the trader there  But boy that must have been great

Actualy, thats propably the way I got that mesage cause no companions and everything was dead. But I only soul trapped my ash gaurdian... Dovakiin is puzzled

• 5 posts
    April 10, 2013 10:39 AM EDT

i just got a letter saying i caused a bit of stir in apocrypha :D

• 41 posts
    April 21, 2013 7:17 AM EDT

The exact same thing happened to me, only I did use combat. Still almost died though. I read the contract afterwards and it turns out a kid had sent me.

• April 21, 2013 9:46 AM EDT

Just the other day I got attacked by an invisible Khajiit on my way to Windhelm. Even upon their death, they remained invisible. o.O 

• 708 posts
    April 21, 2013 4:28 PM EDT

I've had something similar happen in a random encounter on Solstheim, it didn't end well for me!