Forums » General Gaming

Ghost Recon Future Soldier - ADVICE / HELP

• 238 posts
    June 12, 2012 6:57 PM EDT

OK...........so basically a long period of exams has passed and i have injured my ankle doing m beloved sport.

Now i am bored for a good few weeks and want a new game until dawnguard and i recover.

I was thinking of taking the easy option of getting MW3 and xbox live combo but am unsure as the game has recieved alot of criticism....but i havent played COD games for over 2 years/ since black ops.....so it would be appealing and will guarentee boredom relief.

HOWEVER i came across this ......

and also noticed a fellow user Tygravius has the game ;)
    so basically im wondering can anyone help or advise me that knows enough about ghost recon future soldier.

I want a good fps....one that is tactical is always more enjoyable, i remember playing conflict global storm back in the older days and it was so satisfying using a team to take out multiple enemies.
    Is it effective in this new ghost recon?

i also want to know what is online gameplay is like........?

and i like co op games....offline co op games too. if the game first off is good, then id enjoy it even more if i could sit beside my brother, dad or a friend and play co op campaign etc OFFLINE. Is this feature available. possible?

any advice info and help would be appreciated :D

• 238 posts
    June 13, 2012 6:26 AM EDT

anyone??

• 14 posts
    June 13, 2012 6:33 AM EDT

Not played this one but Ghost Recon 2 was really good, even the multiplayerwas entertaining, although different from other fps games i've played. With COD you know exactly what you're going to get..

• 577 posts
    June 13, 2012 9:15 AM EDT

Hey there Ryan!

Yeah man, Guy and I are on our second campaign run and lovin' it!! It's the first time I've played a Tom Clancy game, so it's all a bit new to me (apparently this lastest Ghost Recon is nothing new, same engine, etc.) But I think it's fantastic. We're on the 'Elite' level and trying to achieve all the 'tactical challenges'  of the missions and it can get pretty intense. It's great for co-op. You can have 2-4 players. Almost positive you can do split screen offline, but hold me to it. There's alot of stealth, which I love. It's not just go in and bash'em up. Although it has some of that too. That's what's great about it, has a little bit of everything. The enviroments are always changing and really mixes it up. And the guns! Really cool. You get to break down all the parts of the gun to modify and make them really badass.

The first time going through the campaign, it took about 15hrs! That's pretty long for your typical fps. There's quite a bit of strategy, hence it takes a little longer. 12 'missions' and some of them have 2-3 sections in them. The story's not that great. Towards the middle of the game, you like "who are we after again?" lol, but it doesn't matter. You know, it's just a wild goose chase. lol

I've dabbled a little in multiplayer. It's not bad. I'm pretty shitty in all mutiplayers, so end up just gettin frustrated after a while. lol You can tell that some of the other people that's all they've been playin since it came out, so they know all the maps, sit a spawn points, have better weapons, etc. So that kinda ruins it for me. lol I just need to play it a bit more. You have three 'types' to choice from; Rifleman, Engineer, and I think sniper/stealth is the other.

Then there's the 'Guerilla' setting where you and or a buddy can defend an area with waves of enemys coming at you. It just continues on and on up to 50 waves, then I believe it goes to a new map/area. Guy and I have only gotten 8-9 waves. It's pretty tough.....

I'd say get it! Guy and I would jam some game with ya on it. I'll slut his gametag name out to ya, it's Prophet2413. Friend him, tell him who you are and he'll friend ya. We always thought what it would be like with 3 or 4 co-op. The two other AI that are with you aren't always that smart, although they never seem to get detected, but they do help out alot in reviving you, which is nice. Accept on 'Elite' setting where it's when you get hit, you die!

You know what you're going to get with MW3. It's just a big dlc to MW2. Nothing special really. If you're into trying something different, go for GR. It's cool!!

cheers! T

• 238 posts
    June 13, 2012 10:31 AM EDT

cheers for the depth in your reply! yea i think im gona give it a go.......iv seen alot of it and it looks good, if i dont enjoy it i can trade it in so in the end it isnt that much of a loss as its relatively new. 

so yea il give it a go , AND the best thing is............i just realised that my bro has a copy of MW3.......dunno how i missed this so now i can enjoy both.......however i dont have xbox live just yet, that will be purchased next.

cheers again 

• 132 posts
    June 13, 2012 4:46 PM EDT

Dude, get battlefield 3. That is the game legends are made of. Plus, I need a teammate :D

• 5 posts
    June 13, 2012 5:06 PM EDT

noooo!!! TRUST ME! GRFS is the way to go! spent so much hours on it level 40 engineer and lvl 25 riflemen... hands down one of the best tactical games i have ever played which isnt saying much lol but trust me definitely worth it add me on PSN: LunaticElite

• 144 posts
    June 13, 2012 5:18 PM EDT

well it's not FPS, but Gears of War is my absolute favorite game series other than TES. the online game is its bread and butter, but the story is one of my favorite stories, including all the books i've read. you kinda have to play all three games however.

• 577 posts
    June 13, 2012 8:06 PM EDT

yeah, you're right. It's more over the shoulder shooter...OTSS. lol