Forums » Elder Scrolls

What's your favourite weapon?

• November 28, 2011 11:50 PM EST
    Which weapon do you use the most? Not always the best weapon you have, but it's your favorite cause maybe you picked it up in a cool dungeon, it looks cool or has an awesome name. Personally I use a skyforge steel sword (legendary) which I got during the companions quest. So yeah, what's your weapon that you love the most?
    • 577 posts
    November 28, 2011 11:57 PM EST

Jeez, that's kinda tough. I was using my Skyforge sword alot, but now I use my Nightengale instead. That and the Chillard(sp) glass sword. I always carry three bows. Ebony with 14secs of flame, Elven 21mag dam, Nightengale, and sometimes a fourth with my Impireral for soul trapping. I like to dual weild Nettlborne and Daggar of Sacrafice also. Sorry, can't remember the spelling on some of these weapons, let alone picking one. ha

• November 28, 2011 11:59 PM EST
    The nightingale bow kicks some serious arse when you crank up your archery skill, and i had the dagger of sacrifice, I just never used it, not sure why
    • 28 posts
    November 29, 2011 12:05 AM EST

I run with my Nightengale bow, twin Elven Daggers (just upgraded from orcish dagger today!), as well as what ever 1-h axe I happen to have at the moment that's the strongest =]

• 577 posts
    November 29, 2011 12:10 AM EST

-little spoiler-

Just got the Dragonblade. Think that's what it's called. It's in Adluin's Wall area. Looks like the Umbra from Oblivion. Haven't tried it yet though. Looks like it might be two handed. If so, I'm shit out of luck. My two handed is like 18 and I'm lvl39. I'll keep it though.

I'm at the stage now where I'm finding weapons with specific "names" even though there not that great. And I feel obligated to keep them for some reason. ha! I'll never use them, especially the big ass two handed shit.

• 13 posts
    November 29, 2011 12:36 AM EST

Hmm, when I'm fighting average beasts I'm usually rockin an Ebony Bow when I feel like sniping, and then dual elven daggers for the 15x as I do most of my killing through stealth. If I'm noticed I duel wield ebony sword and glass sword. When I need to do some hardcore ass kicken it's all about the Mace of Molag Bal and Dawnbreaker. I love the contrast of yielding those two, super dark evil mace and shining golden sword of justice. I can kill dragons in like, 6 or 7 dual power attacks.

• 7 posts
    November 29, 2011 12:48 AM EST

Daedric Greatsword, Bow, and Dagger (Legendary)

• November 29, 2011 1:04 AM EST

Daedric Longsword (Legendary) dual enchanted with Burning Souls (22 fire / 5 sec soul trap) and 22 Shock damage.  Also prone to using Dawnbreaker from the Meridia quest.  It really rips undead apart.

• 8 posts
    November 29, 2011 1:06 AM EST
    I LOVE the ebony mace! It is beautiful! If you count a staff a weapon, I love Sanguines Rose, walking around with a giant flower is EpIc!:-P

But I use dual daedric maces of my own making. If I make fire weapons the are usually called "insert player name's molten ______" I love the idea of a semi molten weapon, a sword of molten lava kept hot and in shape via magic...

The Nightengale bow looks great I can't wait to get it, I love the glowing marks in it!
  • November 29, 2011 1:17 AM EST
    Dude, those mace's sound freaking awesome! And yeah, the bow is badass as hell
    • 5 posts
    November 29, 2011 1:25 AM EST

I Love my Ebony Bow of Ignite. and also my Dark blade of the Abyss (which is an Ebony Blade i renamed) it also absorbs the enemies health and gives it to me.

• 5 posts
    November 29, 2011 1:26 AM EST

~ Chillrend ~ another awesome blade i found.

• 342 posts
    November 29, 2011 1:44 AM EST

My favourite for ranged would be my ebony bow I won from a Drugar dreadlord after almost being skewered with it.

for melee it would have to be Dragonsbane not only does it look awesome but the enchant is awesome for fighting dragons and other creatures alike.

its not my favourite but a cool sword I got was called ghostblade put it up in my house it looks sick.

• 3 posts
    November 29, 2011 4:23 AM EST

I finished this dungeon the other day. Got the loot and looked around for additional stuff. I then saw a green sword stuck into the ground on the other side of a "bridge". This "bridge" was broken however, and I couldn't jump over it, nor reach it with telekinisis. So after some moments of thinking I got my bow and fired an arrow at it, the sword rolled into the water and I got so happy. It was just a glass greatsword but what the hell, it was not easy to come by!

• 2 posts
    November 29, 2011 6:02 AM EST

How do you get a daedric longsword? i can only make a daedric sword

• 342 posts
    November 29, 2011 6:06 AM EST

I think I know the dungeon of which you speak, whirlwind sprint also works :P

• 1 posts
    November 29, 2011 6:34 AM EST

Dragonbane, by far sickest weapon.

• November 29, 2011 8:30 AM EST

where do you pick it up?

• 15 posts
    November 29, 2011 8:43 AM EST

I have Dragonsbane, a one-handed katana with bonus damage to dragons, from Alduin's wall.

It's great!

• 577 posts
    November 29, 2011 9:18 AM EST

Alduin's Wall. Just look around. It's in one of the rooms where they keep all the weapons. On the table. Make sure you have a torch, candlelight or magelight. It's pitch black. It's in the main quest.

• 22 posts
    November 29, 2011 9:29 AM EST

Currently I'm using my enchanted Dragon Plate Shield and Dawnbreaker. Although I also sometimes switch to Wulthraad to train my 2 handed or my enchanted Glass Bow for archery :D

• 17 posts
    November 29, 2011 9:40 AM EST

Ebony bow with an ebony battle axe and ebony sword, duel wielding, as a backup for melee.  I like to take out dragons with the bow, get them on the ground and then just fling arrows at them until they die.  Love to use sneak and then snipe with the bow.  Can't wait to get the Dragonsbane!