Forums » Elder Scrolls

The head art bigger than thou body

• 15 posts
    June 12, 2012 9:36 AM EDT

Okay, is it just me, or with some armour in skyrim, (whilst wearing the helmet/hood) make it seem as if your character has a huge head, and a rather tiny body? Maybe its the fact that i have a crap TV at the moment, but i doubt it. This is mostly the case with shrouded armour, i mean I can't wear the hood, it makes any male character look ridiculous D:, and with steel armour, the horned helmet, anyone with me?

• 668 posts
    June 12, 2012 9:43 AM EDT

Glass armor was the worst for me but it was the opposite. When I wore it my head looked lost in there. I had this teeny tiny head barely poking out above my armor. It looked silly. Dragon bone armor also gave me that same look of pinhead. I wonder if it is just a female character that does this...

• 15 posts
    June 12, 2012 9:49 AM EDT

The glass helmet is indeed terrible, and I've never had DB armour with a female, but it looks okay on males :P.

• 377 posts
    June 12, 2012 9:49 AM EDT

I didn't see anything that made me stop and say "whoah, that's way off. His head is huge! I mean, look at that noggin!!!" nope, nothing like that. On the other hand I consistently think that way about babies. Babies creep me out, with their huge alien heads.

• 15 posts
    June 12, 2012 9:50 AM EDT

Yeah it sort of works both ways, some armour looks better on males, some females. (accept for the beast races that look slightly idiotic in most helms xD)

• 952 posts
    June 12, 2012 9:53 AM EDT

Well, playing a beast race usually gives you a head the size of a watermelon with most helmets, but most races usually look best in the armor that most suits their race in general.

• June 12, 2012 10:47 AM EDT

While playing as my wood elf yesterday, I thought 'woah, her head looks huge in glass armour! I best change stuff using the showracemenu command.' So i did, and it still looked huge. So i switched armour sets to nightinggale and it looked fine

• 952 posts
    June 12, 2012 10:48 AM EDT

To both of you, Glass armor looks best on Dunmer, it just does that.