Forums » Elder Scrolls

Argonians. The underrated reptiles.

• 15 posts
    June 11, 2012 7:57 PM EDT

Okay so here it is. Ever since I played my first Elder Scrolls game, Morrowind, I've had an immense fascination with the Argonians. They're unconventional, yet awesome in many different ways. Now, I think that the Elder Scrolls universe is full of great characters of different races. But there are very few cool characters in the games that are Argonian. Which is a shame, because after reading all the lore I could find on this mysterious race, I think they have the potential to be very very interesting. Now, like most everyone else here, I'm a frequent visitor to the Character Building section of the site and while I love all the creativity people pour into their characters, I was a bit sad to see that there really aren't too many people that have crafted characters based on Argonians. Aside from Ponty's brilliantly entertaining Histmaster build, I really haven't seen anything showcasing these deadly reptiles. So it got me wondering. What do you all think? Do you have an opinion of the Argonians? Are you a fan of this awesome race? Or maybe you really don't care for them? I'd love to hear what you guys think.

• 2 posts
    June 11, 2012 8:24 PM EDT

I personally have a hard time role playing any beast type character. I am fascinated by the shadow scales though and that could make an interesting role play experience. I really wished the Argonians had spears in Skyrim.

• 15 posts
    June 11, 2012 8:36 PM EDT

I agree with you on the spears thing. I think that really stems from the fact that in the Morrowind instruction manual, an Argonian is shown holding a spear. It just seems like a natural choice of weapon for them. Luckily, Todd Howard hasn't ruled out the inclusion of spears at a later time, so here's to hoping Bethesda desides to move forward with that. A lot of the time I see people using Argonians, it is in the stealth assassin capacity. Because of the Shadowscale lineage, that is a great roleplaying concept, but I feel that given the scope of the game, there are quite a few more possibilities as well. I'm currently working on an idea for a dual-wielding marauder type Argonian character. It's a basic idea, but I feel I can still illustrate how cool this race can be if given the opportunity.

• 1 posts
    June 11, 2012 8:36 PM EDT

I prefer Khajiits over Argonians . Kittehs !
    I do agree that Argonions need more love though . They look really BA in Skyrim . 

• 15 posts
    June 11, 2012 8:41 PM EDT

Ah the elusive felines of Elsweyr. They're definitely quite interesting, and I have noticed that people seem to favor them over Argonians quite often. Which I think is the opposite in the world of Skyrim as while the Khajiit are generally looked down upon by the Nords of Skyrim, Argonians actually are able to own businesses and live within cities. Argonians definitely look great in Skyrim, and it's one of the many reasons I would absolutely love to see them get more recognition from the community.