Dedicated to housing all forms of Elder Scrolls / Fallout art. The group strives to catalog the best and brightest pieces both created by our talented members and collected from around the net.
Hosted by Golden Fool
I would say Skyrim, but I think the Skyrim Blog was partly to blame for that. Still it was my introduction to the Elder Scrolls and also to action rpgs too i guess?
Final Fantasy 8 also means a lot to me. But it only makes sense within the context of my childhood. Still, dat jacket tho.
...I was typing a bunch of other games down too but then I realized it'd just be easier to say I don't have a single favorite game that I can favorite above all the rest.
It was near impossible my first playthrough because my character was a pure melee ultra greatsword type. Once I upgraded a bow it was easier.
But my dex/faith character had no problems there and electrocuted everything lol.
1. Dying in Dark Souls isn't as big a deal as people make it out to be. Sure you lose your souls, but those can be reacquired easily; as long as you don't run around carelessly with millions upon millions of souls, it isn't a big deal. It's a problem in DkS2 because of soul memory, but even then its only a big deal if you keep dying repeatedly. I'd rather respawn at a bonfire and lose my souls than die in Skyrim and have the most recent save be an hour away.
2. This just irritates me. While going in blind can be fun sometimes, I want to know where to get certain things. And save Solaire. But at least there's new game plus, I guess.
3. Still boils down to attacking, dodging and blocking. But sure, you're not wrong that any foe can kill the player. Until they get Havel's armor, or shields with 100% block on physical or any other damage type, then you can stand there and mash R1 with your weapon of choice, most likely you'll have enough estus to be as careless as you want.
4. True, but I feel this way about other games too.
5. For the most part I would agree with this BUT you've never tried the Bandit Greataxe in DkS2. Probably the most useless weapon in the game, since the patch that took away it's ability to grant the straight sword's powerstance moveset to powerstanced great weapons, everything the Bandit Greataxe does another weapon does better. It's so freaking short, out-ranged by the regular Axe class weapons, out-ranged by some fist weapons even. It's got the exact same moveset as the Gyrm Greataxe and Black Knight Greataxe, so it's slow, but because it's so short it can't properly use its own moveset. And to add insult to injury, it's damage is on the low end compared to other greataxes, the Bandit Greataxe is just a handicap, you're better off with the Handmaid's Ladle. And let's not forget the Sniper Crossbow from Dark Souls 1... But sure, it's possible to win with weapons such as the Bandit Greataxe, but it begs the question 'why not use any other axe/greataxe instead of the Bandit Greataxe?'.
6. Elder Scrolls lore is better IMO. But it's just preference.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Dark Souls series. It's one of the few games where I actually enjoy the online multiplayer. But I don't think Dark Souls is the best ever.
I think that the needs upkeep is just tedious and annoying. It doesn't make the game harder, just tedious and annoying. If other people like it then that's fine, I don't really care as long as it stays optional.
WTB level cap option, something like Logan's Loophole that FNV had? Would encourage me to come back to this game. It's waayyy to easy to max out a character, even unintentionally. Also, have an option in the settings to remove the player character's voice acting.
I have to admit, sometimes I misspell things on purpose so people don't think I'm super smart or whatever. I don't want that kind of attention, it'd be such a drag. Or I do it to be funny.
If I'm posting a build or something like that, then I don't make spelling mistakes.
55 out of 100? No way, I don't believe that.