The Elder Scrolls Online » Discussions


ESO: Three-Year Anniversary Event!

Tags: #ESO 
  • Member
    April 3

    The following was reproduced from the official ESO forum.

    Join us in celebrating The Elder Scrolls Online's three-year anniversary by participating in our delicious special event for a host of unique bonuses and rewards. 

    To celebrate ESO's three-year milestone from its initial launch, the famous baker of delectable sweets, Chef Donolon, is returning to Tamriel once more. This time he has a new, even-more delicious treat to share on top of some additional rewards to boot!

    You can get all the details, including how to get your sticky fingers on the new cake, below:

    - The event begins on April 4, 2017 at 10:00 AM EDT, and ends on April 18, 2017, at 10:00 AM EDT

    - When you log in, find the acclaimed Chef in Vulkhel Guard, Daggerfall, or Davon's Watch and complete his appetizing quest Ache for Cake.

    - If you are having trouble finding him, check the Crown Store for a free Jubilee Cake Voucher that'll grant you a quest directing you to his location. 

    - Once his quest is complete, the new 2nd Annual Jubilee Cake will be added to your Mementos collection.

    - You can use the cake to place it in the world. Once placed, anybody within your group can take a slice and (for the duration of the event) receive a two-hour 100% XP buff that stacks with any other active XP bonuses. Have a party!

    In addition to the above, all daily and weekly quests completed during the anniversary event will grant you an Anniversary Gift Box (along with their regular rewards). These gift boxes contain crafting materials, but they are also guaranteed to include at least one rare item such as Nirncrux, Motif chapters, Style items, Furniture crafting items, or more. Tasty!

    Finally, we just want to say thank you. This celebration is just as much about the continued support of ESO's lively, dedicated community as it is about the three-year milestone. So join us to eat some cake, complete some quests, and celebrate our time in Tamriel.

  • Member
    April 3

    I had no idea that this event was taking place, but I am so excited for this event! Last year, I was able to get my magicka sorcerer to max level in a week. This year, I plan to finally level out my Bosmer Nightblade, Imperial Dragonknight Tank, and my Orc Stamina Sorcerer.

  • Member
    April 3

    Yes! Nice one Patriarch! :D I remember last year's was quick and good fun, I encourage the sharing of screeenshots of your characters eating their cake, just like last time. 

  • Member
    April 4

    Thank you for the feature!!!!

  • Member
    April 4

    Phil said:

    Yes! Nice one Patriarch! :D I remember last year's was quick and good fun, I encourage the sharing of screeenshots of your characters eating their cake, just like last time. 

     

    Haha. Yeah, those screnshots were of my one and only character at the time, Maldarin the Altmer magicka Sorcerer.

    This event, I hope to post a screenie of:

    (1) Worf gro-Mogh (yes, I'm a dork), my big, burly, bruiser of an Orc stamina sorcerer;

    (2) Vlarius Tacitus, the Imperial Dragonknight tank; and

    (3) Areval, the Bosmer nightblade who hopes to change jobs and become a sneak archer assassin - Skyrim style! Except against living, breathing, unpredictable human players. Okay, so not exactly like Skyrim. lol

  • Member
    April 4

    When my Xbox One install finishes, I'll post a pic of my newest character build (no, not the Bosmer Heretic, another one). She (I'm planning a female char) will be a warrior with a general Alik'r theme... That's *not* a Redguard.

     

    And she will eat cake like no tomorrow. Good thing chars can't get fatter in-game apart from character creation...

  • Member
    April 4

    Another X1 player! Awesome!

    Just make sure she's in the AD. ;) Enjoy the gluten-free cake!

  • Member
    April 4

    Hmm. The race I was planning isn't an AD one, and I don't have the Explorer's Pack... Bummer. I'll see if I can change her up a bit.

  • Member
    April 4

    Nah. Stick with whatever race you want. One Tamriel removed the cross-alliance grouping restrictions so, unless you want to PvP with me, there's no need to be any race other than the one you want to be.

  • Member
    April 5

    Patriarch said:

    Phil said:

    Yes! Nice one Patriarch! :D I remember last year's was quick and good fun, I encourage the sharing of screeenshots of your characters eating their cake, just like last time. 

     

    Haha. Yeah, those screnshots were of my one and only character at the time, Maldarin the Altmer magicka Sorcerer.

    This event, I hope to post a screenie of:

    (1) Worf gro-Mogh (yes, I'm a dork), my big, burly, bruiser of an Orc stamina sorcerer;

    (2) Vlarius Tacitus, the Imperial Dragonknight tank; and

    (3) Areval, the Bosmer nightblade who hopes to change jobs and become a sneak archer assassin - Skyrim style! Except against living, breathing, unpredictable human players. Okay, so not exactly like Skyrim. lol

    Screenies of each one! :D

    Tenebrous said:

    When my Xbox One install finishes, I'll post a pic of my newest character build (no, not the Bosmer Heretic, another one). She (I'm planning a female char) will be a warrior with a general Alik'r theme... That's *not* a Redguard.

     

    And she will eat cake like no tomorrow. Good thing chars can't get fatter in-game apart from character creation...

    I look forward to those pics, too :) What is it about this game that makes you want to reroll? Like, I finally beat the MQ but rather than do Cadwell's Silver, I felt the urge to start over for the AD. It's illogical as the new toon has nothing, but somehow it feels more satisfying. Maybe I should have bought the race and name change things instead, but that felt like cheating I guess.