Forums » Elder Scrolls

What is your favorite home to live in and why?

• 10 posts
    November 28, 2011 2:08 AM EST
    I wanted Hjerim but can't get it do to some bug. Not sure which to get now :(
    • 4 posts
    November 28, 2011 3:13 AM EST

Breezehome in Whiterun. Most picturesque of the towns, next to the Smithy and I like the walk up to Dragonreach

• 13 posts
    November 28, 2011 3:24 AM EST

I loooove Vindrel Hall. The architecture in it is really cool. Its the perfect sized house, with plenty of places to display weapons and plenty of containers. 

• November 28, 2011 4:29 AM EST

Where is Vindrel Hall at??  That Markarth?

• 12 posts
    November 28, 2011 7:41 AM EST
    Breezehome in white run is very convenient, with nearby shops, smithing area, and it's right at the spawn point. There's no enchanting upgrade, but the one in dragonsreach is nearby.
    • 132 posts
    November 28, 2011 9:14 AM EST

Honeyside, in Riften. Nice and cozy, and has a fully stocked alchemy and enchantment room. The smithy is pretty close, too, much closer than dragonsreach enchantment table to breezehome. The only strange thing is that if you get married your spouse doesn't sleep in the main bedroom, they sleep on a random pallet in the basement :P

• 10 posts
    November 28, 2011 9:23 AM EST
    Lol at your spouse sleeping on a pallet in the basement. Who'd you marry, that bum in windhelm? Lol
    • 10 posts
    November 28, 2011 9:24 AM EST
    Yup. That's where I ended up. The view almost makes up for not being able to buy the house I wanted.
    • 6 posts
    November 28, 2011 9:41 AM EST

Proudspire Manor is where I have all of my stuff...it's fully furnished although I never use the second floor for anything as the Thane's Suite is on the third floor, and the first floor is where the Alchemy Lab and Enchanting Table are.  I own Honeyside, & Breezehome in Whiterun as well.  I still keep all of my smithing supplies at Breezehome.  It's small but functional except for no enchanting table and right next door to Warmaiden's.  Although not a "home" the Arch-Mage's Quarters is a nice place to call home too.  

• 577 posts
    November 28, 2011 9:42 AM EST

I got the Breezehome only because I could afford it at the time. It is in a good location (although really it doesn't matter since we all fast travel alot). But I do like how I spawn pretty much right by my front door. At first I was storing all my stuff at Jorraska (took me awhile to figure that out, thank god) then decide once I got the cash went for the cheapest, Breezehome. It's funny, cause I almost want to buy another home. Have the coin for it-money's flow in well now and I'm not buying anything unless I spend on training. There's some glitch I think on the "weapons rack" in Breezehome. You can't "activate" it. That kinda blows.

• 10 posts
    November 28, 2011 9:58 AM EST
    I've had a problem getting my mannequin to work in markarth. The body turns invisible when I put armor on it. Have to try a different set of armor still.
    • 5 posts
    November 28, 2011 10:06 AM EST

I like Hjerim because you can put all of your weaponns and armor that you don't use on the mannequins instead of selling it.

• 66 posts
    November 28, 2011 10:20 PM EST

I prefer living on the streets of Riften or Markarth, sleeping during the day and hunting at night, I find the waterways rather well placed as a body disposal system.

But I store everything in Breezehome.

• 13 posts
    November 28, 2011 10:51 PM EST

I've only got the home in Whiterun so far. Haven't felt like doing the quest lines to open up the other ones yet. I wish Lydia would get the fuck out of my room sometimes though. She is ALWAYS there.

• 1 posts
    November 28, 2011 11:29 PM EST

Breezehome is so convient and cheap. Prolly going to buy all of them but started with this one and been rolling with it for a while

• 1 posts
    November 29, 2011 12:31 AM EST

I want this HOUSE

• 17 posts
    November 29, 2011 10:00 AM EST

Breezehome right now.  Close to all the shops and easy to practice smithing.  Wanted to buy the house in Markrath, but did not when I had the chance, now I can't get the option to come up again with the stewart. 

• 5 posts
    November 29, 2011 1:38 PM EST

I've had every house fully upgraded except Hjerim (due to a bug), and I'd say Honeyside is the best. Great for escaping gaurds, and it has everything you could need! It's a little cramped, but then I know where stuff is. The best part, it's pretty cheap!

• 2 posts
    November 29, 2011 1:40 PM EST

i wanted to live in dawnstar so badly thats the only place i really wanted to live

• 1 posts
    November 29, 2011 6:52 PM EST

My favorite is Honeyside in Riften, because Riften is my favorite city and I love the thieves guild.

My second favorite is the one in markarth, I think its Vindrel Hall. Because Markarth is my second favorite city.