Forums » The Lounge

Random thoughts thread

• 700 posts
    December 2, 2017 3:21 PM EST

Foresight means taking off your glasses before plunging the toilet. 

• 261 posts
    December 2, 2017 5:39 PM EST
    Um... Batman Ninja is a thing that actually looks interesting? Can't see why you made this, but I'm down for it.
    • 284 posts
    December 2, 2017 6:23 PM EST

Amornars beard is amazing.

• 700 posts
    December 2, 2017 6:30 PM EST

Tenebrous said: Um... Batman Ninja is a thing that actually looks interesting? Can't see why you made this, but I'm down for it.

Random thought threads are a staple of forums. Good place to just shoot the shit with folks. 

• 321 posts
    December 3, 2017 5:57 AM EST

Gintama is amazing,

I can't stop watching it,

Which is why I slack off on my writing projects.

• 69 posts
    December 3, 2017 12:28 PM EST

Kaiser your avatar looks awesome

Um, Just got around a 5th done of Naruto: Shippuden

Totally random thread is lit!

• 261 posts
    December 3, 2017 12:29 PM EST
    Chandelure is among my favorite Pokemon, and screw the genwunners!
    • 700 posts
    December 3, 2017 1:21 PM EST

Tenebrous said: screw the genwunners!

I remember the good old days when pokemon made sense. Cats, dragons, fish, and plants. Now we have possesed chandeliers and pieces of plastic with googly eyes glued on that pass pokemon! Really makes me wonder if pokemon are even breeding naturally anymore or if some evil organization on some far awawy island is manufacturing these abominations. 

• 261 posts
    December 3, 2017 1:27 PM EST
    Gen 1 had bad designs too! Look at Mr. Mime, Electrode, and Muk!
    • 700 posts
    December 3, 2017 2:07 PM EST

True, true. I suppose every generation has its share of rejects. And to be fair, I did like that one pokemon from a later gen...Chingaling or something? Completely useless but so cute. 

• 1467 posts
    December 3, 2017 6:42 PM EST

God damn... not Pokemon, my...my near endless amount of trivia is coming forth and I can't stop it. Chingling was a Gen 4 Psychic type, and yep 100% useless until it evolves... where it remained almost completely useless because of Alakazam. Or Espeon if you didn't have a friend to trade with. Or Hypno, yeah Hypno was better, Bronzong is a pretty awesome Psychic type as well (even resisted Dark and Ghost back in the day...I miss those days.) 

Me, I'm a Gen 4 fan, sure the others are great but the proper split of Special and Physical into unique stats (rather than the old 'fire types' are all Special system) and giving moves differently, logical splits between the two was bloody awesome. Plus you know, Infernape, Garchomp, Luxray, Electivire, Magmortar, Staraptor, fucking Lucario, Togekiss (competitively speaking, holee shit) and a bunch of other awesome Gen 4 Pokemon...

• 700 posts
    December 3, 2017 7:11 PM EST

Gen 4 is the Diamond/Pearl era, right? All those pokemon you listed sound Gen 3, Sapphire/Emerald. I haven't played in so long though, so I could be wrong. The split of physical and special was certainly a good move. Metagross was my jam back in Emerald. Any game I could get it in, really. 

• 457 posts
    December 3, 2017 10:29 PM EST

Prediction:

Over the coming month, my wife will create a Christmas music station on Pandora; I will wade up to my waist through paper  scraps that come from the snowflakes my children will continuously cut and tape to our walls, windows and ceiling (which will most likely remain up until mid-July); I will sneak over to my neighbor's house in the dead of a cold winter's night and put tent stakes in the base of his inflatable Snoopy Christmas lawn decoration because the wind keeps blowing it over; I will drive to school at least 8 times in fog as thick as chowder only to discover that the school has declared a foggy day schedule; and I will eat/drink enough fudge, candy canes, cocoa, cookies, fruitcake, eggnog, wassail, struesel cake, homemade cinnamon rolls, peanut brittle, almond rocha, and etc to put a small nation into a diabetic coma, then swear NEVER again.

Just like the last however-many Christmases. 

Gadfrey, how I love this time of year... hope everybody's Christmas will be as awesome as mine will be ;D

• December 3, 2017 11:14 PM EST

ShinJin said:

Prediction:

Over the coming month, my wife will create a Christmas music station on Pandora; I will wade up to my waist through paper  scraps that come from the snowflakes my children will continuously cut and tape to our walls, windows and ceiling (which will most likely remain up until mid-July); I will sneak over to my neighbor's house in the dead of a cold winter's night and put tent stakes in the base of his inflatable Snoopy Christmas lawn decoration because the wind keeps blowing it over; I will drive to school at least 8 times in fog as thick as chowder only to discover that the school has declared a foggy day schedule; and I will eat/drink enough fudge, candy canes, cocoa, cookies, fruitcake, eggnog, wassail, struesel cake, homemade cinnamon rolls, peanut brittle, almond rocha, and etc to put a small nation into a diabetic coma, then swear NEVER again.

Just like the last however-many Christmases. 

Gadfrey, how I love this time of year... hope everybody's Christmas will be as awesome as mine will be ;D

I don't know why but the song Hello Darkness and Mad World began to play in my head while reading this.

• 457 posts
    December 4, 2017 1:42 AM EST

TRADITION! xD

But seriously, wouldn't trade it for the world :D

• December 4, 2017 10:39 AM EST

I am really beginning to think the people who worked on Elder Scrolls at some point were/are Star Wars fans. The Hist spells out The Sith, you have Sithis with the word Sith in it, Padomay is close to Padme, the novice Shock spell looks like Force Lighting, and The Dark Brotherhood sounds like The Brotherhood of Darkness. Just some weird thoughts I had last night.

• 457 posts
    December 4, 2017 10:49 AM EST

The Sith Lord said:

I am really beginning to think the people who worked on Elder Scrolls at some point were/are Star Wars fans. The Hist spells out The Sith, you have Sithis with the word Sith in it, Padomay is close to Padme, the novice Shock spell looks like Force Lighting, and The Dark Brotherhood sounds like The Brotherhood of Darkness. Just some weird thoughts I had last night.

Testify!

Kael and I did a Yoda build for Crossworlds 2.0 a couple years back, and the similarities between 2 worlds that, on the outside, seem so different is staggering :D

But let's be honest... what programing/game designing geek has not in some way been touched by Star Wars xD

• December 4, 2017 10:54 AM EST

ShinJin said:

The Sith Lord said:

Testify!

Kael and I did a Yoda build for Crossworlds 2.0 a couple years back, and the similarities between 2 worlds that, on the outside, seem so different is staggering :D

But let's be honest... what programing/game designing geek has not in some way been touched by Star Wars xD

Ironic you did a Yoda build and I am doing a Sith Lord build. Honestly, that is how I have been enjoying Elder Scrolls is kind of relating it back to Star Wars, but still seeing them as operate.

Lol, you have a great point there, but I just find it interesting, you know.

• 743 posts
    December 4, 2017 11:04 AM EST

Ulfric Stormcloak is the true high king.

• 700 posts
    December 4, 2017 1:06 PM EST

I'm a little cross that "Shaun" is not a name Codsworth will call you. 

• 585 posts
    December 4, 2017 1:47 PM EST

Legion said:

I'm a little cross that "Shaun" is not a name Codsworth will call you. 

Does he do it for Shawn and Sean? Because if so someone called Shaun clearly did over Todd Howard at some point.

• 700 posts
    December 4, 2017 2:14 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

Does he do it for Shawn and Sean? Because if so someone called Shaun clearly did over Todd Howard at some point.

Aaahhh, right, good thinking. Sean is on the list of recognized names. I just wanted a world where Shaun was named after his father. The fact that the "Shaun" version is not recognized is odd, but maybe having two people with the same spelling of Shaun would have broken Codsworth, and then the game. You know how fickle Bethesda titles are. Codsworth would have entered a murder frenzy brought on by the paradox of there being more than one "Shaun" in the world. 

• December 4, 2017 4:01 PM EST

If you think about if you use your old computer to look up a new one. That old computer is digging its own grave.

• 1467 posts
    December 5, 2017 3:14 AM EST

Had a fun time earlier today. Was making myself some lunch and my knee decided that smashing into a cupboard was a good idea. Now that was fun enough but my knee just happened to perfectly connect with a tin of Hot Chocolate (the powder shit, not an actual drink) and knocked it off the shelf, crashing into the crowd and then naturally spreading everywhere. Went to get the broom to sweep it up (which took me a good 10 minutes) and naturally on my way I ran straight into a cupboard that I'd opened earlier, now, of course, this one was at head height because nothing would make it more fun.

My only positive out of this whole situation is that my lunch tasted good, and that now there's no more Hot Chocolate Powder Shit in my cupboard...

• 700 posts
    December 6, 2017 12:39 AM EST

Mega-Dragonborn-of-Doom (1921) said:

Had a fun time earlier today. Was making myself some lunch and my knee decided that smashing into a cupboard was a good idea. Now that was fun enough but my knee just happened to perfectly connect with a tin of Hot Chocolate (the powder shit, not an actual drink) and knocked it off the shelf, crashing into the crowd and then naturally spreading everywhere. Went to get the broom to sweep it up (which took me a good 10 minutes) and naturally on my way I ran straight into a cupboard that I'd opened earlier, now, of course, this one was at head height because nothing would make it more fun.

My only positive out of this whole situation is that my lunch tasted good, and that now there's no more Hot Chocolate Powder Shit in my cupboard...

This was enthralling.