Forums » Fallout

How would you rank all the Fallout DLC?

• November 26, 2017 8:38 PM EST

Recently, I was playing New Vegas again and I was thinking about this question and I was wondering what others opinions were. So here is my list.

14) Vault-Tec (Fallout 4)

13) Mothership Zeta (Fallout 3)

12)Contraptions Workshop (Fallout 4)

11) Wasteland Workshop (Fallout 4)

10) Honest Hearts (Fallout New Vegas)

09) Operation Anchorage (Fallout 3)

08) Nuka-World (Fallout 4)

07) Automatron (Fallout 4)

06) Dead Money (Fallout New Vegas)

05) Point Lookout (Fallout 3)

04) Far Harbor (Fallout 4)

03) Lonesome Road (Fallout New Vegas)

02) The Pit (Fallout 3)

01) Old World Blues (Fallout New Vegas)

This post was edited by Deleted Member at November 26, 2017 9:41 PM EST
    • 248 posts
    November 26, 2017 9:03 PM EST

I can only speak for FO4! Sadly, I got into the franchise late, via my affinity for Skyrim/bethesda. 

4. Workshop/vault tec stuff
    3. Automatron
    2. Nuka World
    1. Far Harbor - I really think the combination of questing, new weapons and armor, creepy / cheesy 50s horror vibe, expanding the Children of Atom and a generally tough but thrilling location make it my favorite. 

• 1467 posts
    November 26, 2017 9:15 PM EST

Threw me off for a second starting at 13 and ending with 1 :P

I've only played New Vegas and 3 enough to finish the base game and never really got around to playing the DLC so I can only comment on Fallout 4 sadly, mostly because I've heard that NV has some amazing DLC but I've never been able to get into the gameplay enough to finish them.

1. Nuka World

2. Far Harbor 

3. Automatron

4. The Workshop Shit that I don't own because I won't pay money for that kind of shit.

So yeah, to be fair I haven't finished Far Harbor but in my head I just always kind of see it as a rip-off of ah Point Lookout I believe (that was the similar F3 DLC wasn't it?) so I struggle to enjoy it as much as I think I would've if I only played it for the first time. Nuka World, on the other hand, is just balls-to-the-wall fun IMO, I love the new locations, love the characters, love the new gear and I kind of like that it's a proper 'Bad-Guy Choice' for Fallout 4. Automatron is fine, just fine.

• November 26, 2017 9:43 PM EST

Mottyskills said:

I can only speak for FO4! Sadly, I got into the franchise late, via my affinity for Skyrim/bethesda. 

4. Workshop/vault tec stuff
    3. Automatron
    2. Nuka World
    1. Far Harbor - I really think the combination of questing, new weapons and armor, creepy / cheesy 50s horror vibe, expanding the Children of Atom and a generally tough but thrilling location make it my favorite. 

Eh, I started with New Vegas and played backward so no big deal.

I am glad you mentioned Vault-Tec because I totally forgot about it. Also, Far Harbor is my favorite for Fallout 4 mainly because of the 50s horror like you mentioned.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at November 26, 2017 9:51 PM EST
  • November 26, 2017 9:50 PM EST

Mega-Dragonborn-of-Doom (1921) said:

Threw me off for a second starting at 13 and ending with 1 :P

I've only played New Vegas and 3 enough to finish the base game and never really got around to playing the DLC so I can only comment on Fallout 4 sadly, mostly because I've heard that NV has some amazing DLC but I've never been able to get into the gameplay enough to finish them.

1. Nuka World

2. Far Harbor 

3. Automatron

4. The Workshop Shit that I don't own because I won't pay money for that kind of shit.

So yeah, to be fair I haven't finished Far Harbor but in my head I just always kind of see it as a rip-off of ah Point Lookout I believe (that was the similar F3 DLC wasn't it?) so I struggle to enjoy it as much as I think I would've if I only played it for the first time. Nuka World, on the other hand, is just balls-to-the-wall fun IMO, I love the new locations, love the characters, love the new gear and I kind of like that it's a proper 'Bad-Guy Choice' for Fallout 4. Automatron is fine, just fine.

Yeah, it is actually 14 because I forgot about the Vault-Tec one, and I did that way because it is a countdown they start at ten or whatever and work their way up to one.

I am sorry to hear as I think New Vegas is the best in the series but to each their own.

Nuka-World to me felt short and rushed. There were some good ideas that they could have done but didn't do it, you know. I can see how you would think Far Harbor is knock off of Point Lookout, but to me, it is way better. Again, i thought Nuka-World was okay and Far Harbor was better, and Automatron could have been great, but it was lackluster, which is sad.

• 7 posts
    November 26, 2017 9:59 PM EST

I only particularly cared for the Fallout 4 DLC (although I did love Fallout 3 and NV, I didnt much care about any DLC for them, except I liked the Pitt a little)

For me:  Automatron is the best possible DLC ever, to be able to build Protectrons especially, but all the robots, I love it so much. 

2: I'd have to say Nuka World, I thought it was really interesting, with the different theme parks, interesting reactions from different raiders when you put them in charge of each area.

3: Wasteland Workshop:  I really love being able to tame Feral Ghouls or Bloodbugs and have them hang out and defend my settlements.

4:  Far Harbor:  I really liked the new weapons and the ambiance of The Island.

5: Contraptions: I understand some people don't like it. but I think it's pretty cool, being able to use the factories, you can make uniforms for your crew, or plenty of stuff to decorate your general stores with.

6: Vault Tec:  I love the Population Management Terminal, cant say much about the rest since I've found out I am HORRIBLE at building Vaults

• 248 posts
    November 26, 2017 10:04 PM EST

Yeah a lot of Fallout fans soome to agree that FNV was awesome, maybe the best. At some point I'll circle back to it. But I'm fully immersed in Witcher 3 for a while. a looooong while lol

• November 26, 2017 10:17 PM EST

Torbin12 said:

I only particularly cared for the Fallout 4 DLC (although I did love Fallout 3 and NV, I didnt much care about any DLC for them, except I liked the Pitt a little)

For me:  Automatron is the best possible DLC ever, to be able to build Protectrons especially, but all the robots, I love it so much. 

2: I'd have to say Nuka World, I thought it was really interesting, with the different theme parks, interesting reactions from different raiders when you put them in charge of each area.

3: Wasteland Workshop:  I really love being able to tame Feral Ghouls or Bloodbugs and have them hang out and defend my settlements.

4:  Far Harbor:  I really liked the new weapons and the ambiance of The Island.

5: Contraptions: I understand some people don't like it. but I think it's pretty cool, being able to use the factories, you can make uniforms for your crew, or plenty of stuff to decorate your general stores with.

6: Vault Tec:  I love the Population Management Terminal, cant say much about the rest since I've found out I am HORRIBLE at building Vaults

Wh...wha...wha...what!? You didn't care for any of 3's or New Vegas' DLC? I can't even, man.

I liked Automatron, but again it was lackluster and felt like a lot of the stuff in it should have just been in the game, you know.

Again, Nuka-World had a cool concept but fell short to me.

Yeah, I just don't care for any of the Workshop DLCs at all.

The fact Far Harbor is fourth makes me sad, lol.

I honestly forgot all about Vault-Tec because I just couldn't get into.

Also, don't know if you are new or not, but welcome, man.

• November 26, 2017 10:18 PM EST

Mottyskills said:

Yeah a lot of Fallout fans soome to agree that FNV was awesome, maybe the best. At some point I'll circle back to it. But I'm fully immersed in Witcher 3 for a while. a looooong while lol

Hey, you go on and get your Witcher 3 things and leave on out here, you hear me, lol.

• 1467 posts
    November 26, 2017 10:27 PM EST

Oh yeah, New Vegas is the best when it comes to story, character, world-building, factions (that feel a lot more real than any in F3 or F4), interesting locations, and probably a whole lot of other things. Oh character creation (not the actual character models, but perks, skill, etc.) was the best there too. If I could, I would 100% play New Vegas in Fallout 4's engine just because I think Bethesda made the gameplay a lot more smooth and interesting but Obsidian...well I still think that they make some of the best RPG's just in general (with the exception of Bioware, though that's old Bioware).

But yeah, just the gameplay stopping me from immersing fully in FNV and playing it for 600+ hours :)

• November 26, 2017 10:32 PM EST

Oh yeah, New Vegas is the best when it comes to story, character, world-building, factions (that feel a lot more real than any in F3 or F4), interesting locations, and probably a whole lot of other things. Oh character creation (not the actual character models, but perks, skill, etc.) was the best there too. If I could, I would 100% play New Vegas in Fallout 4's engine just because I think Bethesda made the gameplay a lot more smooth and interesting but Obsidian...well I still think that they make some of the best RPG's just in general (with the exception of Bioware, though that's old Bioware).

But yeah, just the gameplay stopping me from immersing fully in FNV and playing it for 600+ hours :)

That is a fair point, but gameplay means little to me when I have good story and characters, but that is just me.

P.S. New Vegas is getting made using Fallout 4's engine.

• 1467 posts
    November 26, 2017 10:38 PM EST

That is a fair point, but gameplay means little to me when I have good story and characters, but that is just me.

I'm usually fine really, I still play games that have their weakest element in the gameplay but uhh, I dunno. There's something about the engine used by Bethesda pre-Skyrim/F4 that I just struggle with. Fallout 3, New Vegas and Oblivion are all games I love but struggle to play because, well I can never narrow it down but there's something about the gameplay that just puts me off playing. 

I'll have to keep an eye out for that remake. I know they can be rather difficult and time-consuming (I know that teams are still porting games into Skyrim and that's been at least 5 years) but it'd be bloody awesome. 

• 248 posts
    November 26, 2017 10:39 PM EST

remaking FNV in FO4? Oh really? I'll def check that out. do we know what platform(s)?

• November 26, 2017 10:41 PM EST

I'm usually fine really, I still play games that have their weakest element in the gameplay but uhh, I dunno. There's something about the engine used by Bethesda pre-Skyrim/F4 that I just struggle with. Fallout 3, New Vegas and Oblivion are all games I love but struggle to play because, well I can never narrow it down but there's something about the gameplay that just puts me off playing. 

I'll have to keep an eye out for that remake. I know they can be rather difficult and time-consuming (I know that teams are still porting games into Skyrim and that's been at least 5 years) but it'd be bloody awesome. 

Again, man, I get it. I enjoy Fallout 3, but the one thing I hate is that its way too VATS heavy and I hate VATS.

It is a Mod, not an actual game in which I was talking about, man.

• 7 posts
    November 26, 2017 10:42 PM EST

The Postman said:

Wh...wha...wha...what!? You didn't care for any of 3's or New Vegas' DLC? I can't even, man.

I liked Automatron, but again it was lackluster and felt like a lot of the stuff in it should have just been in the game, you know.

I  am pretty new, thank you.  Far Harbor being fourth may sound bad, but its not, because excluding Vault Tec, I pretty much loved all of Fallout 4's DLC.   I sometimes hate ranking things I love like this for that reason entirely, other than Vault Tec, they are all great DLC, to me.  I understand why some people don't like each of them, and I don't fault them too much for it, but I personally really liked them

• 627 posts
    November 26, 2017 10:42 PM EST

Mottyskills said:

remaking FNV in FO4? Oh really? I'll def check that out. do we know what platform(s)?

Most likely only PC, I can't see it being small enough to fit within the limit of Xbox mods, let alone ps4 ones. 

• November 26, 2017 10:43 PM EST

Mottyskills said:

It's a Mod for PC only sadly. There have been some talks about Odisian making a new game and some think it is New Vegas 2, but doubt it.

• November 26, 2017 10:44 PM EST

Golden Fool said:

Mottyskills said:

Most likely only PC, I can't see it being small enough to fit within the limit of Xbox mods, let alone ps4 ones. 

I mean they could remake the game for Xbox One and PS4 instead of remaking Skyrim for the thousandth plus time.

• November 26, 2017 10:46 PM EST

Torbin12 said:

The Postman said:

I  am pretty new, thank you.  Far Harbor being fourth may sound bad, but its not, because excluding Vault Tec, I pretty much loved all of Fallout 4's DLC.   I sometimes hate ranking things I love like this for that reason entirely, other than Vault Tec, they are all great DLC, to me.  I understand why some people don't like each of them, and I don't fault them too much for it, but I personally really liked them

Okay, now that doesn't make me sad anymore, lol. I can understand that point because my best friend hated ranking things he loved, like you, because he said each one had positives and negatives. Again, you like what you like and no can change that.

• 627 posts
    November 26, 2017 10:50 PM EST

The Postman said:

I mean they could remake the game for Xbox One and PS4 instead of remaking Skyrim for the thousandth plus time.

But they aren't actually remaking the game, they are just porting it which costs way less then making a game from scratch, and seems to be making them just as much money. Which is why Skyrim is the Cockroach of video games, as Jim Sterling calls it.

• November 26, 2017 10:56 PM EST

Golden Fool said:

The Postman said:

But they aren't actually remaking the game, they are just porting it which costs way less then making a game from scratch, and seems to be making them just as much money. Which is why Skyrim is the Cockroach of video games, as Jim Sterling calls it.

They could still do the same for Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Also, I am glad you mentioned Jim Sterling because I was going to bring that up.

• 585 posts
    November 27, 2017 4:18 PM EST

Interesting that you rate The Pitt so highly, I thought it was kinda disliked in the wider Fallout community. Plus the only Youtuber I watch, who's the bloody messiah when it comes to Fallout knowledge and videos, didn't rate it very highly so I'm taking his word for it. I actually think I quite liked it, but I think Point Lookout beats it for FO3 in my opinion.

• November 27, 2017 4:46 PM EST

Zonnonn said:

Interesting that you rate The Pitt so highly, I thought it was kinda disliked in the wider Fallout community. Plus the only Youtuber I watch, who's the bloody messiah when it comes to Fallout knowledge and videos, didn't rate it very highly so I'm taking his word for it. I actually think I quite liked it, but I think Point Lookout beats it for FO3 in my opinion.

Really? I have heard that The Pitt is the best DLC for Fallout 3. I like The Pitt for one simple reason there isn't a "right choice" Point Lookout is fine to me, but the whole Lovecraft theme kind of puts me off on it a little, which is weird because I love Lovecraft. Also, who is the Youtuber?

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:59 PM EST

Never got around to playing Fallout 4 DLCs. My enthusiasm for the game dies way too soon when I'm playing it. Also, I have never played Operation Anchorage, as I never built a character for which it would make sense for him to do that DLC.

Keep in mind that I love the first four:

1. The Pitt

2. Honest Hearts

3. Point Lookout (tied with 4, really)

4. Dead Money

5. Broken Steel

6. Old World Blues (loved the characters, but the first time I played it way too soon and ended up getting my ass kicked. Probably deserver a higher rank)

7. Lonesome Road (I like the story, but I don't like it because it ends up forcing backstory to your character's story: the same reason I dislike Fallout 4)

8. Mothership Zeta (This was just... Gosh...)

If I could put a mod in here, I would put the someguy series for New Vegas above all official DLCs.

This post was edited by Mr. at November 27, 2017 7:00 PM EST
  • November 27, 2017 9:50 PM EST

Mr. Edd said:

Never got around to playing Fallout 4 DLCs. My enthusiasm for the game dies way too soon when I'm playing it. Also, I have never played Operation Anchorage, as I never built a character for which it would make sense for him to do that DLC.

Keep in mind that I love the first four:

1. The Pitt

2. Honest Hearts

3. Point Lookout (tied with 4, really)

4. Dead Money

5. Broken Steel

6. Old World Blues (loved the characters, but the first time I played it way too soon and ended up getting my ass kicked. Probably deserver a higher rank)

7. Lonesome Road (I like the story, but I don't like it because it ends up forcing backstory to your character's story: the same reason I dislike Fallout 4)

8. Mothership Zeta (This was just... Gosh...)

If I could put a mod in here, I would put the someguy series for New Vegas above all official DLCs.

Atleast we agree on Mothership Zeta being dead last. I can get your point behind Lonesome Road, but the forced doesn't bug me because I never actually roleplay so I don't care. Dead Money and Old World Blues being below Honest Hearts is quite weird as I have always thought Honest Hearts was the weaker of the four, but I digress. The Pitt being number one though does make me happy, lol.