Forums » Fallout

Fallout 4: Live, Love, Landscapes

• 152 posts
    October 31, 2017 10:13 PM EDT

So the other day I was wandering around the wastes of the Commonwealth on a hill that had a very scenic vantage point. Normally when I'm wandering around I just have my nose pointed to the ground in search of any kind of junk I can add to my stash so I can throw another mod on my sick weapons, but this time I thought to myself, "what the hell, I'll stop and enjoy the sunset for a little bit." As I stood there, gazing off into the fiery horizon that remained unscathed despite the crumbling towers of downtown Boston that sought to hide it, I began thinking just how damn beautiful the wasteland can be. Hopefully, there's been at least one moment in you're travels where you've found yourself just really digging a certain area. Whether it be a certain view, cool location (Wreck of the USS Constitution anyone?), or just an area that really gives you a good vibe; I want to know! Describe this favored landscape to me down below and a screenshot is wholly appreciated. 

My favorite area is the deep downtown Boston area; I just love the anxious feeling I get as I wander around through back alleys and crumbled down buildings not kowing what to expect just because of how controversial the territory is and how there's just so many factions fighting each other. I always feel my heart start to race when I here the distant sound of Brotherhood Vertibirds laying down machine gun fire to some hidden enemy amongst the ruins of the downtown area

Image result for fallout 4 downtown boston

This is hands down one of my favorite conception art pieces, such a great representation of cluttered downtown Boston

• November 1, 2017 5:39 AM EDT

The only scene that made me put my controller down and actually look at it would be when the BoS arrive in the Commonwealth. You just killed Kellogg, you now have information about your son, and then you see and hear this massive airship. You hear a voice announcing that the Brotherhood is here and you shouldn't be afraid of us we are here to help you citizens of Commonwealth. I just sat there thinking "Damn, the BoS stepped their game up and now look and seem more powerful than before." I have seen that scene plenty of times, but I still love.

As for my favorite area, I have to say Far Harbor is my favorite mainly because it gives that 50s mixed with the 80s horror feel and as a horror fan, I can't help but love it.

• 284 posts
    November 1, 2017 4:25 PM EDT

There is one place on the road to Diamond City. A torn down house with bottles on a plank and Radroaches in it. It's near a junkyard with the Children of Atom base. I'll put a screenshot when I get on my PC.

• 152 posts
    November 2, 2017 5:02 PM EDT

BoS scene is a probably one of the best "cinematic" parts of an open world game, hands down. You got the spotlights goin all around, the vertibirds flying around and being deployed off the Prydwen and the announcer is awesome too. Just a very cool and well timed scene

• 152 posts
    November 2, 2017 5:02 PM EDT

do share Delta do share :)

• November 2, 2017 6:28 PM EDT

MaddMannatee said:

BoS scene is a probably one of the best "cinematic" parts of an open world game, hands down. You got the spotlights goin all around, the vertibirds flying around and being deployed off the Prydwen and the announcer is awesome too. Just a very cool and well timed scene

Especially at night, and with some help of mods, it makes that scene amazing and I will always love it.

• 295 posts
    November 6, 2017 4:28 AM EST

Well, I had one of those "put down the controller" moments the other day with Ash. There was a break in the fog at Far Harbor and I snapped this, like silly tourist. 

I decided to make Old Longfellow's cabin a settlement then and there, construction on the wee house will take place as soon as I'm officially done with the build. :D

• 152 posts
    November 6, 2017 10:45 PM EST

Wow Lis, that's something special right there! So pretty you'd almost think it was a modded Skyrim haha! That picture is truly gorgeous, thanks so much for sharing :)

• 69 posts
    November 12, 2017 11:13 PM EST

I'll have to come back later on and share a particular place with you once I'm able to get on my sister's ps4. Truly is one of my favorite places in Fallout 4....especially as the dusk just starts to fall and the watery orange sunlight melts below the horizon...

• 152 posts
    November 15, 2017 9:39 PM EST

FlamezSword said:

I'll have to come back later on and share a particular place with you once I'm able to get on my sister's ps4. Truly is one of my favorite places in Fallout 4....especially as the dusk just starts to fall and the watery orange sunlight melts below the horizon...

The suspense! D:

• 69 posts
    November 15, 2017 11:18 PM EST

Lis your picture almost looks like Solstheim, to add on to Madd's post from earlier. That's the kinda vibe I get from it :)

• 295 posts
    November 15, 2017 11:27 PM EST

It does look like Solstheim, doesn't it? 

• 248 posts
    November 15, 2017 11:42 PM EST

awesome pic Lis!