Forums » Introduce Yourself

• 29 posts
    October 22, 2017 2:29 PM EDT
    I am Dustin. I have been an avid fan of the Elder Scrolls universe since Morrowind. I am passionate about all things Norse (even though I am an American of mostly British and Irish ancestry). I look forward to sharing many builds with you all.
    • 1595 posts
    October 22, 2017 2:50 PM EDT

Welcome to the site, Dustin :) Passionate about all things Norse sounds like a good fire to have, and I would say you don't need an ancestral link to like something - I don't have feline blood but I like cats :D I look forward to seeing what you create. 

• 167 posts
    October 22, 2017 3:21 PM EDT

Hello Dustin and welcome! 

• 29 posts
    October 23, 2017 1:19 AM EDT
    Thank you, Duvain and Paws for the warm welcome! I am already hard at work on my first build. I am currently playing as an Altmer who strongly opposes the Dominion. He is very tanky, but he uses magic for durability and tipping the scales of battle in his favor. I am having a lot of fun playing this guy, and I can't wait to show him off and flex my creative muscles, so to speak.
    • 167 posts
    October 23, 2017 1:56 AM EDT

Nice!  What helped me when I first posted was to check other builds to get some ideas mostly on how to make a solid presentation of the build. Also it is good to post a preview of your build at the Workshop and get some feedback on it before posting it at the CB group.

This post was edited by Duvain at October 23, 2017 1:58 AM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    October 23, 2017 4:13 AM EDT

Kodaav said: Thank you, Duvain and Paws for the warm welcome! I am already hard at work on my first build. I am currently playing as an Altmer who strongly opposes the Dominion. He is very tanky, but he uses magic for durability and tipping the scales of battle in his favor. I am having a lot of fun playing this guy, and I can't wait to show him off and flex my creative muscles, so to speak.

No worries! Another Old Mary, huh? :D I like the sound of that build, be sure to let me know when you post it either complete or in the Workshop as Duvain suggests :)

• 585 posts
    October 23, 2017 12:14 PM EDT

Nice to have you Dustin! Like Phil says an interest in everything Norse is a good passion to have around here, and I'm sure you'll find a lot of kindred spirits to share your interest with (where's Paul England when you need him?).

• October 23, 2017 7:35 PM EDT

Kodaav said: Thank you, Duvain and Paws for the warm welcome! I am already hard at work on my first build. I am currently playing as an Altmer who strongly opposes the Dominion. He is very tanky, but he uses magic for durability and tipping the scales of battle in his favor. I am having a lot of fun playing this guy, and I can't wait to show him off and flex my creative muscles, so to speak.

But...but...why oppose the Dominion they are the best faction in Skyrim?

All jokes aside I would like to welcome you this amazing site, and you will fit right in with everyone on here for like Paws said everyone on here likes the Nords and their culture. :)

• 29 posts
    October 24, 2017 10:20 AM EDT
    Honestly, I have thought about making him a double agent, but I think that has been done to death with this race.
    • 558 posts
    October 25, 2017 3:37 PM EDT

Are you a Vikings fan?

• 69 posts
    October 25, 2017 6:09 PM EDT

Welcome Dustin, hope you have a good kickoff with the first build. I'll be sure to come check it out although I'm not much into playing Skyrim quite as often as I used to :)