Forums » The Lounge

The Greatest Quest and New Land Mods

• 278 posts
    October 19, 2017 9:43 PM EDT

I'm thinking with my Tanuki playthrough I wanted to make my world as expansive as is possible, and I'm wondering what the best and most fantastic (judged by content, voice acting, writing, quality, and interesting areas) quest and new land mods are. I've already got Bruma and M'rissi's Tail of Troubles and I'm playing a thief/sailor style character if that's worth anything, if there are any themed mods out there that would work as well? Thanks for reading and taking the time to answer.

• 278 posts
    October 19, 2017 9:46 PM EDT

Also, I'm on SE.

• 275 posts
    October 19, 2017 10:37 PM EDT

Moon And Star: Awesome voice acting, awesome quest, awesome characters, and awesome nostalgia.

Aetherius Magic: If you don't mind going a little "magic-y" this mod has excellent voice acting (but only one character), good story, an awesome dungeon (built for very high level characters), and even better spells that make you feel like a God. Edit: Just read that you have a rogue character, I'll leave this here anyway.

Darkend: New land mod that allows you to explore Pharos, an island with no living residents, that means no voice acting so you'll have to read notes, find items, and observe the evironment to figure out the story of the island, Dark Souls style.

This post was edited by Ebonslayer at October 19, 2017 10:44 PM EDT
    • 278 posts
    October 19, 2017 11:41 PM EDT

Moon and Star I'm downloading right now, looks brilliant, aetherius magic I'm thinking about, darkend......hm, maybe on a dark souls playthrough?

• 277 posts
    October 20, 2017 2:01 PM EDT

Thanks for the recommended mods. After playing through Bruma, I'm thirsty for more!

• 277 posts
    October 20, 2017 3:16 PM EDT

...and now I just have to get into Sovngarde with my Exorcist. Very well!

• 275 posts
    October 20, 2017 4:17 PM EDT

Here's some more.

Moonpath To Elsweyr: It has a good questline, decent characters, and you get to explore Elsweyr. The voice acting isn't the best though.

Spectraverse: One of the few mods by Enai Siaion that I actually like. It's another very magic focused mod like Aetherius Magic, except this is based around controlling the power of the Magna-Ge instead of those of Aetherius, it has a few more dungeons with interesting puzzles, powerful and fun spells (not as powerful as those of Aetherius Magic, but more fun to use), decent voice acting, a choice between good or evil, and an interesting plot twist at the end.

Dwemertech: Yet another spell mod by Enai Siaion, I haven't tried this one but from what I've heard it's very similar to Spectraverse except more dwemer focused. All I know is it adds a lot of new spells and guns (yes, I said guns).

• 203 posts
    October 20, 2017 4:42 PM EDT

Hey guys,

I don't have anything in mind right now except for the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal. The link sends you to Oldrim but I'm pretty much certain there's an SSE port already. If I can come up with more stuff I'll send them through.

I would like to quickly point out that we've actually got a group ready to discuss this kind of thing: The Modder's Conclave. I won't ask you to relocate this discussion or anything but it would be great if you keep this in mind for future reference, alright? Especially since these kinds of open questions can be a great source for other people who could be interested in the same type of mod and having it in the modder's conclave instead of in the Lounge would make it easier to find.

• 275 posts
    October 20, 2017 4:46 PM EDT

Teineeva said:

Hey guys,

I don't have anything in mind right now except for the Gray Cowl of Nocturnal. The link sends you to Oldrim but I'm pretty much certain there's an SSE port already. If I can come up with more stuff I'll send them through.

Here it is.