Forums » Introduce Yourself

Let me introduce myself

• 4 posts
    October 19, 2017 8:39 AM EDT

Men, Mer, Khajiit and Argonians, greetings to you all.

I'm Fabio, and I've been playing Skyrim and Fallout 3 (mainly Skyrim) for about 5 years. Tamriel Vault has brought me many hours of fun with the character's builds, especially now that, with the release of Skyrim Special Edition, even we console players can install mods and make each playthrough more unique. And, aside from gameplay, the builds have helped me create characters from my stories. So, after the Vault has given me so much, I think it's time I return the favor and give at least a little bit of me to this community.

• 152 posts
    October 19, 2017 9:03 AM EDT

Welcome welcome :) cudos to you for wanting to give back and join up, we love having new people. I'm glad you mentioned playing Fallout 3, makes it easier to sway you to coming over to our fun Fallout groups lol. If you have any questions about that side of the vault, feel free to message me :D

• 4 posts
    October 19, 2017 9:17 AM EDT

Thank you for the offer, but at the moment I would prefer to focus on the Elder Scrolls side of the vault. That being said, your offer is quite tempting, so maybe, in the future, I will accept. ^^

• 152 posts
    October 19, 2017 9:22 AM EDT

You make Dogmeat sad :(  XD

• 2 posts
    October 19, 2017 9:45 AM EDT

Welcome Fabio, I'm new too. Really need some help on how to post a build, if you could help with that, and by the way, I'm a Bosmer

• 4 posts
    October 19, 2017 9:51 AM EDT

Hi Gray.

Sorry, I can't help you with that. I still haven't understood how to properly post builds.

Oh, and talking about races, I'm an Altmer. ;)

• 2 posts
    October 19, 2017 10:06 AM EDT

Thanks anyway Atocheg, and I like altmer, but I cant stand Elenwen ( Thalmor Ambassador) :)

• 585 posts
    October 19, 2017 10:43 AM EDT

Welcome to the site, Fabio! So what kind of thing were you thinking of in terms of 'giving back'? Builds? Profiles? Stories? Lore articles? I mean they're all good to me, but I'm interested to see where your passion lies.

• 4 posts
    October 19, 2017 10:52 AM EDT

Well, I'm not very good in doing research, so I doubt that I could give much regarding lore articles. And I don't know what do you mean with "profiles". So yeah, I think that I'll give back mainly builds and stories. ^^

This post was edited by Atocheg at October 19, 2017 10:53 AM EDT
    • 167 posts
    October 19, 2017 11:50 AM EDT

Hello Fabio and welcome! Since you are interested into making builds and stories I would recommend to head over to the Skyrim Character Building group and The Story Corner group also the roleplay group is a nice place to discuss various roleplay related things or get ideas for characters to use in builds and stories. Also in the workshop group you can post an idea of a build, story or something else you want to post and get some feedback while making it.

Also to answer on TheGraywolf's question as well in each group there are some stickied posts at the top with the rules of the group and useful guides or other things on how to post on each one. For the character building group they are in this link: Click Here 

Also good to have a fellow Altmer around. :P

This post was edited by Duvain at October 19, 2017 11:55 AM EDT
    • 585 posts
    October 19, 2017 4:03 PM EDT

Atocheg said:

And I don't know what do you mean with "profiles".

With an opening like that I can't not pitch them then XD. Profiles are part of the Roleplaying group, which I just happen to be the host of, and are actually very similar to builds if that's what takes your fancy. They're more focussed on the character underneath the gameplay - what the player does to make them seem 'real', backstory, progression etc. There's one guide here by Borom, an old host, and another here, by another old host called Legion (who is now a mod actually, all hail the mod team :P) here to get you started if you're interested. And here are some classic examples of profiles to get you even more interested (as if that's even possible):

Liliana Bolar by Maxson

Helithil by Henson

Vincent Cassel by Lisa

• 278 posts
    October 19, 2017 11:52 PM EDT

All this talk of altmer makes me SICK (jokes xd they're actually really interesting, just can't stand Thalmor) 

I'm a lilmothiit, but aside from that welcome to the Vault!

• 694 posts
    October 21, 2017 11:03 AM EDT

Welcome aboard, Atocheg!! I love it when our lurkers join and share a little bit of themselves with us so I'm glad you've decided to join us! Sounds like you'll be right at home in the Modders' Conclave and CB groups. :) Since you've checked out the site before, I'm sure you know where to find things, but if you need any help or have any questions, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message. 

This post was edited by Edana at October 21, 2017 11:03 AM EDT
    • 69 posts
    October 25, 2017 6:27 PM EDT

Hello, welcome Atocheg! While I'm fairly new (well this profile at least) I'd be happy to provide any information about the Vault that you need help with, or people to recommend you to. That being said I hope to see you over in the Fallout CB group at some point, and feel free to send me a friend request if you'd like :)