Forums » General Gaming

Assassins Creed: Origins

• 69 posts
    October 13, 2017 4:46 PM EDT

Has anyone seen gameplay of the new AC Origins?

I'm looking for some opinions on the new style the developers are introducing for this one... an RPG Open-World? How do you think it'll be playing the game, and being as many of us are familiar with this genre, how d you think it'll compare to other games of similar type?

• 284 posts
    October 13, 2017 4:56 PM EDT

Well, you can see at first glance that they are drawing a lot of inspiraton from the Witcher 3. However, I wouldn't compare the games to much. It's still good old AC. I'm really looking forward to it. They finaly decided to extend the development period so they took their time. I think it's gonna be the next Assassin's Creed 2 for the series.

• 1441 posts
    October 13, 2017 5:11 PM EDT

DeltaFox said:

Well, you can see at first glance that they are drawing a lot of inspiraton from the Witcher 3. However, I wouldn't compare the games to much. It's still good old AC. I'm really looking forward to it. They finaly decided to extend the development period so they took their time. I think it's gonna be the next Assassin's Creed 2 for the series.

Same here

• 69 posts
    October 13, 2017 7:42 PM EDT

Chris said:

DeltaFox said:

Same here

Yea for sure i can see a certain resemblance, even though I didn't personally play Witcher 3. I'm really excited for this though, there will be way more options on how you build your charcter this time around as well. Love everything to do with the AC series, well for the most part.

• 627 posts
    October 13, 2017 10:45 PM EDT

I haven't played an AC game since brotherhood, in fact I think that was the only one I played... Well anyway, depending on the reviews Origins gets I might check it out. Oh and it will also depend on whether the loot boxes remain as something you can only get through gameplay or if they add the option to buy them with real money.

• 1441 posts
    October 13, 2017 10:52 PM EDT

Golden Fool said:

I haven't played an AC game since brotherhood, in fact I think that was the only one I played... Well anyway, depending on the reviews Origins gets I might check it out. Oh and it will also depend on whether the loot boxes remain as something you can only get through gameplay or if they add the option to buy them with real money.

They have said its ingame only

• 627 posts
    October 13, 2017 11:30 PM EDT

Chris said:

And I'll wait and see whether that holds true.

• 69 posts
    October 15, 2017 12:31 PM EDT

Golden Fool said:

Chris said:

And I'll wait and see whether that holds true.

I'm definitely a fan of FTP as well Golden, although I don't necessarily mind paying in some games (DLC and such mostly)

• 743 posts
    October 16, 2017 1:01 PM EDT

I'm looking forward to it more than any other game this year. I've played and beat every single Assassin's Creed and it was what introduced me to my favorite playstyle. To see it get a much-needed revitalization and be infused with an RPG element has me hyped beyond belief!