Forums » Elder Scrolls

POLL: Favourite Elder Scrolls playable race

• 773 posts
    September 4, 2017 2:18 PM EDT

Not a lot of love for the poor old Wood Elf, thus far!

...which is interesting, given that many people are anticipating that the next Elder Scrolls game might well be set in Valenwood, and - indeed - many people want it to be in Valenwood, judging by polls.

Thoughts?

• 457 posts
    September 4, 2017 2:52 PM EDT

Paul said:

...which is interesting, given that many people are anticipating that the next Elder Scrolls game might well be set in Valenwood, and - indeed - many people want it to be in Valenwood, judging by polls.

Thoughts?

Canibalism. Call me old-fashioned, but... xD

• 167 posts
    September 4, 2017 2:59 PM EDT

I think it has a lot to do with what people know and have experienced about/with these races. For example if instead of Morrowind game you had a game in Valenwood or Summerset Isles many people that vote Dunmer would go for Bosmer or Altmer. In my case as well for example I vote Altmer because I have read most of their lore but I haven't done the same for Bosmer.

On another note I find Wood Elves very interresting and I would like the next elder scrolls game to be either in Valenwood or the Summerset Isles. I think it will be very interesting to get to know how the Bosmer go about with their way of life since they are quite different with the Green Pact and all compared to the other races.

On yet another note :P ,

Who wouldn't want to be from the race of the best knee-shooters?!?!

This post was edited by Duvain at September 4, 2017 3:35 PM EDT
    • 1595 posts
    September 4, 2017 3:36 PM EDT

Henson said:

Imperial! I guess I blame it on Oblivion being my first ES game but I love the history, rich, RICH culture, Cyrodiil, Ayleid ruins and White Gold Tower being associated with the Empire, the Empire itself, and much more. Imperials are an extremely versatile race but what is cool is that "Imperial" isn't really a "race" - we have Colovians and Nibenese lumped together which gives more diversity. Imperials could be sneak thieves, straight up Legion fighters, powerful Battlemages, and much more easily by their stereotype.

The Hen's Son has the right of it! Battlemuuurge!

• 140 posts
    September 4, 2017 3:43 PM EDT

Paul said:

Thoughts?

I kind of blame Morrowind and Oblivion for the lack of Bosmer love most people have, especially the former. Those voices...Really difficult to like such atrocities.

Also, the Adoring Fan. Honestly, I don't even think Bethesda likes them (Wood Elves).

• 275 posts
    September 4, 2017 5:10 PM EDT

Argonians. Before the Oblivion Crisis the Hist called all argonians back to Black Marsh where they became all drugged up on Hist Sap and started pouring into Oblivion when the first gates opened, basically invading Oblivion. Their assault was so bad that Dagon had to close all the gates so Oblivion didn't get overrun, but not before the Argonians took everything that wasn't nailed down so they gathered large amounts of daedric armor and weapons. No other province held out nearly as well. Even now the An-Xileel could probably overrun the entirety of Tamriel, including the Dominion, without too many problems.

This post was edited by Ebonslayer at September 4, 2017 5:12 PM EDT
    • 284 posts
    September 4, 2017 6:07 PM EDT

Damn, the Dunmer are getting a lot of love. :)

• September 4, 2017 6:15 PM EDT

Khajiit for one reason they are cat-people and I love cats. :)

• 20 posts
    September 4, 2017 10:44 PM EDT

Feels like I'm the only one but Bosmer are easily my favorite race in the series. I think all the races are great, I just really love their simplicity and relaxed style and there's tons of really unique lore for them when you read into it, with the Green Pact and the Earthbones and Wild Hunt and all. They help everyone and are pretty generally nice too, so that drew me in being pretty pacifistic. Ooh, and nature. Loves me some nature. They're designs in Oblivion were atrocious though...

• 278 posts
    September 4, 2017 11:53 PM EDT

Okay, well usually I'd go with the khajiit (cuz furry) but recently with a playthrough of morrowind, I have begun to seriously adore the dunmer culture. They're just fucking awesome. The great houses, their alien stuffs, the telvanni slavemaster/magisters, the mushroom towers, levitation, oh my god. Dunmer4Life.

• 694 posts
    September 5, 2017 12:22 AM EDT

Man... how do you even pick tho? I guess if you twist my arm I'll pick Dunmer. I just love the three and the society just feels the richest and most unique to me. But... but even picking that I feel like it's only partially true because it just depends on how I'm feeling that particular day. :D

• 277 posts
    September 5, 2017 2:35 PM EDT

It's great to see polls back on the main page! For me it's a tie between Bosmer and Redguards because of fulfilling characters I played in both Skyrim and ESO.

This post was edited by Noodles at September 5, 2017 2:36 PM EDT
    • 700 posts
    September 5, 2017 2:38 PM EDT

I don't think the Dunmer have ever held less than 2nd place in polls like these. 

• 278 posts
    September 5, 2017 6:04 PM EDT

Um, duh. Their should be a new dunmer dominion :) 

Led by House Telvanni, of course.

• 743 posts
    September 6, 2017 10:41 AM EDT

I demand a recount and investigation into possible voting fraud for this poll. We all know Dark Elves are overrated.

• 278 posts
    September 6, 2017 10:58 AM EDT

Rogue said:

I demand a recount and investigation into possible voting fraud for this poll. We all know Dark Elves are overrated.

And this, coupled with your love of the Stormcloaks, is why no one loves you.

• 585 posts
    September 6, 2017 11:00 AM EDT

Rogue said:

Here here!

• 743 posts
    September 6, 2017 11:03 AM EDT

Wulf said:

Rogue said:

And this, coupled with your love of the Stormcloaks, is why no one loves you.

Then why am I a host? :p

• 743 posts
    September 6, 2017 11:04 AM EDT

Zonnonn said:

Rogue said:

Here here!

We Dark Elf critics gotta watch each other's backs.

• 140 posts
    September 6, 2017 11:33 AM EDT

Lot of N'wahs in this thread all of a sudden...

• 224 posts
    September 6, 2017 11:53 AM EDT

Caesar said:

Wait...are you calling me a Narwhal?

• 743 posts
    September 6, 2017 11:54 AM EDT

David said:

Caesar said:

Wait...are you calling me a Narwhal?

I have never heard this insult before......

• 278 posts
    September 6, 2017 12:04 PM EDT

It means dumb - like all dark elf haters xD

• 278 posts
    September 6, 2017 12:05 PM EDT

Caesar said:

Someone tell me why Caesar hasn't already publicly hung Rogue for his dunmer blasphemy?

• 743 posts
    September 6, 2017 12:08 PM EDT

Wulf said:

Caesar said:

Someone tell me why Caesar hasn't already publicly hung Rogue for his dunmer blasphemy?

It's in my name :p